ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View vs Dinwiddie round 2

I did hear them saying in the crowd after the game that Hoskins might have a sprain....appeared to be worse .

Difference this year was that Dinwiddie couldn’t really stop the run from EV. And Dinwiddie was too one dimensional....all Pope.

Reactions: OCBoy
Congratulations to Eastern View on a well earned victory. As expected Dinwiddies young and small defense had no answer for Holmes.

Stats: Total yards: Dinwiddie 407 EV 354,
Rushing: Dinwiddie 234 EV 285, Passing: Dinwiddie 173 EV 69. Turnovers: Dinwiddie 4 fumbles 2 lost, 0 ints, EV 0.

Pope: 121 rushing 2tds. 173 passing 2tds.
Lowry: 103 rushing 3 tds 69 passing 1td
Holmes 195 rushing 1td.
Dalton 70 yards rushing

Leake 69 yards 1 td receiving
Barlow 124 2 tds receiving

More discussion later.

Congratulations to Eastern View on a well earned victory. As expected Dinwiddies young and small defense had no answer for Holmes.

Stats: Total yards: Dinwiddie 407 EV 354,
Rushing: Dinwiddie 234 EV 285, Passing: Dinwiddie 173 EV 69. Turnovers: Dinwiddie 4 fumbles 2 lost, 0 ints, EV 0.

Pope: 121 rushing 2tds. 173 passing 2tds.
Lowry: 103 rushing 3 tds 69 passing 1td
Holmes 195 rushing 1td.
Dalton 70 yards rushing

Leake 69 yards 1 td receiving
Barlow 124 2 tds receiving

More discussion later.
Excellent sportsmanship at the end of the game

Some final thoughts on the game:

1. EV's o line played well and Dinwiddie could not handle Holmes power or jump cut.

2. Lowry has great speed and vision. He threw a few risky passes, but got away with them. Our dbs height hurt us on a few balls. He will have to be spot on against LT. Have to pass to soften up their scheme and beat them. Holmes can have success on quick hitters.

3. EV needs to tighten up their pass coverage and put LT in long yardage situations. LT can run and throw the ball with authority and will not be pushed around. If the Cyclones give up 35 to LT they will likely lose.

3. Thought Dinwiddie put a hat on Brown and kept him guessing. Ran the ball well.

4. Yes, Pope is the real deal, but others played well. #5 Barlow ran well and beat EV's dbs a few times. Proud of his grit.

5. Dinwiddie shot themselves in the foot numerous times, but still dont think it would have mattered.

6. EV and Dinwiddie played a very physical game. Very entertaining, but EV did not show a lot, nor did they need to. Too many coaches get cute. Hatfield stuck to his offensive plan and it worked to perfection.

Great job EV. Not sure we will make it back next year, but watch out in 2020.

Some final thoughts on the game:

1. EV's o line played well and Dinwiddie could not handle Holmes power or jump cut.

2. Lowry has great speed and vision. He threw a few risky passes, but got away with them. Our dbs height hurt us on a few balls. He will have to be spot on against LT. Have to pass to soften up their scheme and beat them. Holmes can have success on quick hitters.

3. EV needs to tighten up their pass coverage and put LT in long yardage situations. LT can run and throw the ball with authority and will not be pushed around. If the Cyclones give up 35 to LT they will likely lose.

3. Thought Dinwiddie put a hat on Brown and kept him guessing. Ran the ball well.

4. Yes, Pope is the real deal, but others played well. #5 Barlow ran well and beat EV's dbs a few times. Proud of his grit.

5. Dinwiddie shot themselves in the foot numerous times, but still dont think it would have mattered.

6. EV and Dinwiddie played a very physical game. Very entertaining, but EV did not show a lot, nor did they need to. Too many coaches get cute. Hatfield stuck to his offensive plan and it worked to perfection.

Great job EV. Not sure we will make it back next year, but watch out in 2020.
Is LT’s QB like Pope? His scrambling ability definitely gives his receivers chances that few others get. I’ve never seen a QB get chased that much and not get sacked.

Is LT’s QB like Pope? His scrambling ability definitely gives his receivers chances that few others get. I’ve never seen a QB get chased that much and not get sacked.

I think he is a one of a kind. Does he has offers? Seems like with his mentality as a runner and his will, he'd be a good safety. Did he play defense at Dinwiddie regularly? Congrats to him on great career

This EV vs LT game is very intriguing. No history. LT schemes alone make them arguably the most unique team in the state. Not many people do what they do on either side of the ball.

EV seems to be clicking, hopefully the injuries won't be as serious and they won't lose more than a guy. Who gets to host? If this game is at EV, I'll be all in that like thanksgiving meal.

LT is hosting. EV did get beat up. Lost 2 significant linemen, one on each side of the ball. I didn’t get any details. If they don’t play that definitely won’t help their cause

I think he is a one of a kind. Does he has offers? Seems like with his mentality as a runner and his will, he'd be a good safety. Did he play defense at Dinwiddie regularly? Congrats to him on great career

This EV vs LT game is very intriguing. No history. LT schemes alone make them arguably the most unique team in the state. Not many people do what they do on either side of the ball.

EV seems to be clicking, hopefully the injuries won't be as serious and they won't lose more than a guy. Who gets to host? If this game is at EV, I'll be all in that like thanksgiving meal.
EV’s power rating kept them out of hosting this game. EV could have been the 1 seed and be playing Lake Taylor at home next week blah blah blah. Things should drop off slightly after this year and then hopefully that schedule gets fixed.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
I’ve been thinking about this subject for a while. EV catches some grief for their schedule. But most teams, EV included, are at the mercy of their district schedule. The majority of games are against district foes. If the district is down, so are the power ratings.

I know everyone suggests that they should play this team or that. I agree to a certain extent. But I would not schedule OOD teams that I would likely play in Region playoffs. And scheduling out of region teams has its risks as well. Programs routinely go through down cycles. If you get caught in one of those cycles, you are screwed for 2 years. The closest 5/6A team is Orange. They play them but don’t really benefit. Not many other 5/6A programs within reasonable distance wants to play a smaller classification who probably beats them.

I think EV does a decent job with scheduling considering their location. If their district improves, so does the power rating and this is a non issue.

I’m sure there are many out in cyber land who know much better than me who EV could try to schedule. But from my limited info, EV isn’t doing so bad. They are Region Champs.

Reactions: loyal2thesoil
I’ve been thinking about this subject for a while. EV catches some grief for their schedule. But most teams, EV included, are at the mercy of their district schedule. The majority of games are against district foes. If the district is down, so are the power ratings.

I know everyone suggests that they should play this team or that. I agree to a certain extent. But I would not schedule OOD teams that I would likely play in Region playoffs. And scheduling out of region teams has its risks as well. Programs routinely go through down cycles. If you get caught in one of those cycles, you are screwed for 2 years. The closest 5/6A team is Orange. They play them but don’t really benefit. Not many other 5/6A programs within reasonable distance wants to play a smaller classification who probably beats them.

I think EV does a decent job with scheduling considering their location. If their district improves, so does the power rating and this is a non issue.

I’m sure there are many out in cyber land who know much better than me who EV could try to schedule. But from my limited info, EV isn’t doing so bad. They are Region Champs.
Also, you can’t force teams to play you. It takes 2 to tango.

Im tired of dogging EV about their schedule. Its not the teams fault. They play the games and win, but please dont tell me higher class teams wont play them. Dinwiddie who has a similar regular season record each year is playing two of your neighbors North Stafford and Massapponax. EV has been undefeated in the regular for at least the last three years (thats unbelievable). Thats a base of 44 points for a win and 32 for a loss, so a class 5 or class 6 team would be stupid not to schedule them. Please just accept the facts, you guys have a hell of a team each year, but your scheduler prefers an undefeated record over home playoff games. Just adding one quality higher classed ood opponent would have given you the #1 seed. I dont get it and feel for the players/fans.

Im tired of dogging EV about their schedule. Its not the teams fault. They play the games and win, but please dont tell me higher class teams wont play them. Dinwiddie who has a similar regular season record each year is playing two of your neighbors North Stafford and Massapponax. EV has been undefeated in the regular for at least the last three years (thats unbelievable). Thats a base of 44 points for a win and 32 for a loss, so a class 5 or class 6 team would be stupid not to schedule them. Please just accept the facts, you guys have a hell of a team each year, but your scheduler prefers an undefeated record over home playoff games. Just adding one quality higher classed ood opponent would have given you the #1 seed. I dont get it and feel for the players/fans.
Exactly!!!!

EV’s power rating kept them out of hosting this game. EV could have been the 1 seed and be playing Lake Taylor at home next week blah blah blah. Things should drop off slightly after this year and then hopefully that schedule gets fixed.

Who else does EV play OOD other than us next cycle?

And Louisa who never gets killed for their schedule plays...the Battlefield for their OOD

Reactions: 86CulpGrad
Aren’t they (OC) dropping to 4A? I agree they will be better but other than the Stark years, I can’t recall them having more than a mediocre team. No offense to OC. They just don’t seem to be a “football” school. I think EV playing OC is a good thing though.

Aren’t they (OC) dropping to 4A? I agree they will be better but other than the Stark years, I can’t recall them having more than a mediocre team. No offense to OC. They just don’t seem to be a “football” school. I think EV playing OC is a good thing though.
A lot of their issues come from coaching. Orange should have been at least 6-4 this year. Yes, 4A next year.

Reactions: FoxesPride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT