ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNW Article on Monacan's Megan Walker

Its about to get real for MW. She is leaving on May 5th for Stores, Comneticut. Now comes the mind games with Geno. I don't know if any of you have seen the Uconn women behind the scenes show but he is very hard on his players. He plays mental chess constantly poking them. There is no way you don't get better with Geno barking at you. I think they are going to get upset in the womens bracket this year. All streaks have to come to an end and this is the least dominant undefeated Uconn team I have seen. Sort of an oxymoron but its UConn

Reactions: AntGZee
If they don't get UConn this year, then they can 4get beating them the next four years because they will have it in beast mode. I'm sure MW will be just fine. She seems like the type of young lady that can handle a challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: falcettik
Its about to get real for MW. She is leaving on May 5th for Stores, Comneticut. Now comes the mind games with Geno. I don't know if any of you have seen the Uconn women behind the scenes show but he is very hard on his players. He plays mental chess constantly poking them. There is no way you don't get better with Geno barking at you. I think they are going to get upset in the womens bracket this year. All streaks have to come to an end and this is the least dominant undefeated Uconn team I have seen. Sort of an oxymoron but its UConn
There's only about 3 teams that have the ability to beat them....so it just depends if they meet up with those or not (ND, MD, FSU).

Megan walker finished with:
Gatorade state player of the year
Gatorade national player of the year
Naismith national player of the year

Great accomplishment for MW.
Which young lady was state player of the year last year? Was it Gadiva Hubbard? She was a beast also!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It was megan walker last years also I believe. Godiva was awesome too. She's only like 5'6 too.

I was very impressed with Gadiva the pass 3 years. As I've been say," I'd pay ten bones to Monacan play Princess Anne". It's too bad that match up never materialized.

I think they gave her an inch or 2... point being though is she isnt that tall which makes her play even more impressive

Agreed, one heck of a ball player. The Golden Gophers got a good one indeed.

Last edited:
Megan walker finished with:
Gatorade state player of the year
Gatorade national player of the year
Naismith national player of the year

Too bad an athletic talent like her is leaving the state to play her college basketball.
A long, long time ago, Geno Auriemma was an assistant basketball coach at UVa.
I think he was the one who landed Dawn Staley, who was the national high school player of the year, from
Philadelphia. He had been a high school assistant coach in Pennsylvania. And I think he also was responsible for getting another player who would become an All-American
in college, Tammi Reiss. And probably the Burge twins, and on and on....

Virginia women's basketball has never been the same since he left!

I do agree with you there. I wonder if he was responsible for Tanya Cardoza coming to UVA as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT