ADVERTISEMENT

Essex 0 Goochland 14 Final ...

Essex Trojan1

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
May 17, 2009
This game was a defensive battle. Very little offense from either team. Both touchdowns scored by Goochland's defense. One was a pick six from around Essex 15 with 10 min and change in the 4th. the other was a pick six with a little over two minutes remaining in the game. Essex was around the 20 yard line of Goochland, Pass play down the middle that was picked at the goal line and ran all the way in for a touchdown after some missed tackles in lack of guys pursuing. This Thursday, Essex has 4A King George coming to town for some payback from last year. Gut check time Trojans!!!

Last edited:
It must have been a good defensive game. Sometimes, the defense is ahead of the Offense,
And it takes a while for the two to gell.
Essex will be right there come November. Those young kids will grow up fast.

Hey, Goochland is a very good ball club. As long as you see improvement each week,
No worries, My Friend! I just have to ask about my two big guys? How did they do?

No dought...we'll be there in November. It's only the 1st game. The 2 big guys did their part up front on D....along with the rest of the line. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game to see what they will do against 4A King George. K.G. knocked off 2A Washington & Lee 72-0 I was told.

Both teams played a hard and physical ball game. Both defenses played lights out and I think will set the tone for both teams the rest of the year. A lot of athletes on the field for both teams and both lines battled all night. This game was played and officiated the right way. I had the chance to talk to some Essex players and coaches after the game and what a great group of people! A lot to be proud of! Good luck to Essex for the rest of the year!

Goochland is a class program. Had the privilege of coaching some of these young men in youth when I lived in Goochland for a couple years. One of them was John King who had the first interception for a td. Spoke with his dad briefly yesterday morning and told him how great a play that was. Nothing but respect for that program and the way it is run. Essex will learn from this and be a better team because of it. Hold your heads high young men and let's get ready for another war on Thursday night against King George!!!

Reactions: G-DOG2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT