ADVERTISEMENT

Essex 24 Sussex 6 final

RappriverEHS

VaPreps Rookie
Jan 20, 2017
Both defenses played well, offense needs some work. Prayers for the young men #3 and #12 for a speedy recovery from Sussex,

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
Getting the feeling that Sussex can't beat Essex. Whether it's a mental thing or talent or whatever, I'm not sure But if Sussex returns a bunch of players and talent and Essex lost a lot and this is supposed to be the year, yet Essex still wins by 18 points. Essex will represent the East in the Class 1 state title game.

Essex has zero returning offensive players from last year. This year’s team is mainly underclass men on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, I’d love to see Sussex get over the hump, but it seems like there are too many roadblocks for them. Not any sort of informed take, just looking at several years of results.

To be fair to Sussex, they took a slight hit from last years team. Rappahannock Times has Coach Jefferson of Sussex saying 5 players from last years team are no longer enrolled at Sussex and their 2 way starter was injured in the Nottaway scrimmage. And i understand that one other star was missing that make be back soon. During the game, #3 of Sussex got injured around the 5min mark of the 2nd Q. He was getting some yards for them until then. Don’t sleep on the Tigers just yet.

Both teams had multiple flags that hurt drives. Game 1 of the season mistakes. They both will grow and learn as the season goes on.

Reactions: trutiger16
No excuses from me, Essex was the better , they played tough , disciplined football and where well conditioned. A program of Essex caliber will always be a factor. Sussex as stated are without 5 Senior starters, The Sussex team that played Friday will not be the same team you will see later on this season. Great opening win for Essex well deserved !

To be fair to Sussex, they took a slight hit from last years team. Rappahannock Times has Coach Jefferson of Sussex saying 5 players from last years team are no longer enrolled at Sussex and their 2 way starter was injured in the Nottaway scrimmage. And i understand that one other star was missing that make be back soon. During the game, #3 of Sussex got injured around the 5min mark of the 2nd Q. He was getting some yards for them until then. Don’t sleep on the Tigers just yet.

Both teams had multiple flags that hurt drives. Game 1 of the season mistakes. They both will grow and learn as the season goes on.
@trutiger16 what should we interpret this post to mean re: those 5 players?

Hopefully Sussex can get back to full strength. There's talent there and if they can be at full strength, they have a shot.

Reactions: trutiger16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT