ADVERTISEMENT

Essex/Galax

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Decided to check this game out. Very questionable calls for Essex like going for two when it's 21-20 Galax and then when Essex drives deep in Galax territory on 4and 1 they pass the ball. Galax showed up and was physical as could be. Essex could move the ball in the first half at ease but couldn't produce points. Galax controlled the clock then shut essexs run game down in second half. Galax brought a small crowd but Essex fans disappointed me they had just as many as Galax. Good luck Galax next week.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
There were a good number of plays that I question as an "in the stand coach" lol. As for the fans, that's just Essex. We never have a strong following. Those at the game were pretty much the same group that come to the regular season games. Heck, not all there today on Essex side, were not from Essex.

Reactions: OCBoy
then when Essex drives deep in Galax territory on 4and 1 they pass the ball.
I had a gut feeling they were gonna pass on that play... No idea why I had that thought-you wouldn't think they would have. I even said out loud, "They better not pass."

Galax played hard and even though I'm sad for Essex (and sad for my 10 year old son, the waterboy, who was in tears down on the field), I am happy for Galax with this accomplishment being a first time experience for them (according to what I've read).

Reactions: MT FAN 91
I had a gut feeling they were gonna pass on that play... No idea why I had that thought-you wouldn't think they would have. I even said out loud, "They better not pass."

Galax played hard and even though I'm sad for Essex (and sad for my 10 year old son, the waterboy, who was in tears down on the field), I am happy for Galax with this accomplishment being a first time experience for them (according to what I've read).
Galax played for the state championship in 2011 but lost to Clintwood.

Essex went for two and failed when they were ahead 20-14. Galax returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD and PAT kick that made it 21-20.

Congrats to Galax on the win but also congrats to Essex on an amazing run over the last few years. Two very good teams whom I am sure played their hearts out. Respect to all 4 that made the semi's this year as the scores indicate how well played 1A ball is across the state.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT