ADVERTISEMENT

Essex takes down RH for the upset

Essex near top of enrollment too — the number is what it is.

Giles will start making deep runs in the future — mark my words

Reactions: Reecesdad
For anyone who has seen these two players ever play, CCC reminds me a lot of Greyson Overstreet from Staunton River. They both have the same body type and the same upright, yet elusive running style and both are/were good LB's that had their defensive play overshadowed by their offensive numbers. CCC is listed at 6'4 and 200lbs and I have seen him truck people and stop on a dime and change direction. I'm sure a lot of Shenandoah District coaches will get him graduation presents when he finally graduates in a couple years.

• Haha
Reactions: gwb16 and Bama1985
Not sure Pulaski Co would agree on your Jones comment concerning "winning anywhere"?
Not sure Pulaski Co would agree on your Jones comment concerning "winning anywhere"?
Ye he was like 16-28 his 4 years at Pulaski, dont really consider that winning.

Reactions: mmqp 5.0
Just to clarify about this online ticket business, that is being mandated by the VHSL and it will apply to any and all state-level playoff games. It is certainly not anything being implemented by any one school.

I agree it is a pain because not all phones operate the same way and I could easily see the problem of some folks being at the gate (especially in more rural areas of the state) and not being able to get their phone to work. So it seems to me that it should be an "option" but with tickets still being sold at the gate.

My sources tell me that this process (online sales) will be continuing for state level games even after COVID has passed on by.
This happened a lot last year at Holston . Allot of upset fans

Safe travels to the game, I hope u enjoy the football atmosphere, we love our gladiators, we will have the cow bells a rocking, getting to the final 4 is and accomplishment, essex football has a great coach and program, leave it all on the field and may the best team win, GO BIG RED

Reactions: TS69
Ok folks before you say “Tru “ have you lost mind on this one ? Let me explain. Essex has been battling Riverhead I believe more than any team in State on the playoff level.

Casto is a genius of a Coach , but I believe Coach Jones in Essex is just as good . Coach Jones must change up some things offensively to take down BIg Red. You must not continue to show RH Coaches the same thing , Casto and the gang will be prepared to take away your best stuff. Essex must evolve into something different, that different I don’t know what it is but it must happen in Greenville on Saturday , Essex can’t purely put this game on the shoulders of two players , It must be a 4 quarter war on Saturday with blood flowing with everybody you have going all out, having watched Essex, my strategy would be to slow the game down and work the play clock between plays and get this game in the 4th and then open it up with your skill guys . Good luck to both teams and fans bases . This will be good game .

Essex 28- RH 27
“ Tru has all his marbles in place “
I dont know who will win this game but I got my money on RH. If you think Jones is just as good a coach as Casto then you need to share some of that stuff you are smoking. Just ask the people at PC how good of a coach he is. The reason Jones wins at Essex is athletes not his coaching ability.

Reactions: mmqp 5.0
It's ok I know two syllable words like future are confusing....
my apologies
Or you could acknowledge that your "Bath County level" statement was idiotic even by your standards. I know that concept is hard for someone as full of crap as you are.

Last edited:
Or you could acknowledge that your "Bath County level" statement was idiotic even by your standards. I know that concept is hard for someone as full of crap as you are.
Here to defend the Goat . I know him well and he may know a lot more than you think !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT