ADVERTISEMENT

Essex vs Franklin

Wow indeed....

Can't wait to hear the details.

I guess I was wrong on them being #1.

Congrats to Franklin. How much time is left?

Reactions: Eaglepride89
Boy o boy franklin has to be good this year if you come to Essex and dominate like that ! Essex program has respect around here from 1A on.....this just might be that wake up call for the season and a heads up for the two time defending champs riverheads this is just a wow !

Reactions: uvacavs1
You called it lol @Wizard97

I guess your not delusional after all...(someone posted that). Rapp folks have been downplaying Essex this season...may be on to something or is this a one time deal?

Was Essex just shocked that Franklin actually did bring the woodshed?

I need some details on this game..whats draylon gronkowski doing ??? Is essex missing any players ??? Turnovers ??? Im pretty shocked for them to be getting blown out at home of all places..

Essex had at least 2 fumbles. I believe one was returned for a TD and the other was inside their own 10

Im not there but Im sure Essex overlooked Franklin because they beat Sussex pretty bad last week I knew Franklin was going to be good but this is a statement game for Franklin and they out to prove people wrong they didn't get any love in the top ten this week maybe next week

from 3-7 last season to looks like upsetting one of the biggest powerhouses in football we have in 1A- 1st year head coach - I knew Franklin had some good players like that D1 commit but did not expect this-

Props to Franklin - Good luck to y'all - maybe we will see Franklin in the playoffs -I'm sure some Neck team will.

two things about this delay (Franklin may have a big enough lead but sounds like a lot of time left)

1) One of the few negatives about constant big success is often players do not know how to respond to adversity- usually up big at the half etc. Could be a plus for Franklin here.

2) Momentum shifts - I have seen games where one team had all the momentum - bam, lightening strikes , and momentum shifted after the delay - the other team came out bad a-- and won. Like a whole different team. Could be a plus for Essex. Delay can't hurt.

I bet Essex Coach Jones is going crazy! I would have liked to hear what is being said in that locker room.

Last edited:
two things about this delay (Franklin may have a big enough lead but sounds like a lot of time left)

1) One of the few negatives about constant big success is often players do not know how to respond to adversity- usually up big at the half etc. Could be a plus for Franklin here.

2) Momentum shifts - I have seen games where one team had all the momentum - bam, lightening strikes , and momentum shifted after the delay - the other team came out bad a-- and won. Like a whole different team. Could be a plus for Essex. Delay can't hurt.

I bet Essex Coach Jones is going crazy! I would have liked to hear what is being said in that locker room.
You right about momentum changes but I believe the chip is a little to big on Franklin's shoulders they will try to pour it on they can't give Essex any room for momentum

Reactions: obguthr
Great game so far by Franklin. Sounds like they will be back in the mix again come playoff time. As for Essex, let’s not all jump off the wagon just yet. They will right the ship and get it figured out. Just an outsiders observation. Praying for a safe finish to the game after the delay for both teams

Read the score wrong at first - just assumed it was Essex up. I knew Franklin would be better but didn't think they'd beat Essex - much less pound em.

Essex just looks a mess right now against a pretty good Franklin team. Two fumbles, 1 on Essex 35ish recovered and returned for a Td and the 2nd on Essex 10 that later ended in a TD for Franklin. Ford has caught maybe 3 passes I think. Biggest was about 15-20 yarder. Essex is not playing well at all. Franklin playing their A game, Essex playing C+ ball. Those 2 fumbles by Essex that were turned into TDs really hurt.

Essex just looks a mess right now against a pretty good Franklin team. Two fumbles, 1 on Essex 35ish recovered and returned for a Td and the 2nd on Essex 10 that later ended in a TD for Franklin. Ford has caught maybe 3 passes I think. Biggest was about 15-20 yarder. Essex is not playing well at all. Franklin playing their A game, Essex playing C+ ball. Those 2 fumbles by Essex that were turned into TDs really hurt.
Are they going to finish the game or what

Obviously, those early turnovers that led to TDs against a good team can be costly. Messed their mindset up.

Essex sounded way over confident and like you said, Franklin came to play - Essex thought it would be walk in the park kinda (I'm guessing).

Again, I will be interested to see how this years team responds to adversity. Essex is always concerned with that when they get to teams like Riverheads (last year). I guess they have to be concerned now during the regular season.

It's certainly not in the bag for Essex...Could I say its wide open baby or do we need more evidence?

Last edited:
wow wasn't it only a minute and some seconds left before half - game would be over right if you get a full half in?

Win or lose this will be a great experience for Essex. Sometimes It takes a slap in the face to wake your a-- up.

Thanks Franklin, we were hoping that was going to happen in week 6 v Northumberland. That Essex would be way way overconfident coming in....

Now Jones gonna let em know whats up.

wow wasn't it only a minute and some seconds left before half - game would be over right if you get a full half in?

Win or lose this will be a great experience for Essex. Sometimes It takes a slap in the face to wake your a-- up.

Thanks Franklin, we were hoping that was going to happen in week 6 v Northumberland. That Essex would be way way overconfident coming in....

Now Jones gonna let em know whats up.

Not an automatic, both teams have to agree to call the game

I do think this game will wake Essex up and realize that hype is just that- hype. Maybe they come out Monday and win. Maybe Franklin comes and continues to dominate. I know whether Essex wins or not, I think other NND teams won’t be as intimidated by them this year

Reactions: uvacavs1
Franklin move to region B this year right? And Essex in my opinion still the team to beat in region A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT