ADVERTISEMENT

Essex vs Franklin

They move next year...and you maybe right about Essex. Still a lot of games to be played. Will definitely be interesting in the Regional playoffs this year

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
Essex has always been a finesse program, Franklin has always been a physical rough hit first program, My opinion is Essex dosent respond well to physical hard hitting teams. As i been stating next years Region B is gonna be hell ! Essex will win State this year because of this early wakeup call.

Reactions: MGF
Other then #24 Dameron for essex who else is consider a playmaker on offense ? Skill wise ?
Its on Qb Ashcock to make some throws , trust me Franklins goal is to physically dominate Essex run game. Essex should hit some bubble screens and quick hitters to the te or slot. Franklin will sellout on defense to stop the run game of Essex.

Reactions: MGF
Essex has always been a finesse program, Franklin has always been a physical rough hit first program, My opinion is Essex dosent respond well to physical hard hitting teams. As i been stating next years Region B is gonna be hell ! Essex will win State this year because of this early wakeup call.
As far as Essex being a finesse team, that may be the case recently but you must be pretty unfamiliar with Essex in the past.

Reactions: obguthr
Its on Qb Ashcock to make some throws , trust me Franklins goal is to physically dominate Essex run game. Essex should hit some bubble screens and quick hitters to the te or slot. Franklin will sellout on defense to stop the run game of Essex.
Coach Parker not coaching anymore so there is alot of strategy involved now coach Parker was the punch you in the mouth type of coach and he gonna tell you when its coming its up to you whether you can stop him the new coach at Franklin is still gonna punch you in the mouth but you will not know when or where its coming from as far as the state title anybody can win it Franklin is proving Essex can be beaten.

Don’t think Essex will be the only team with wake up call Riverheads has a couple coming that will put them in the right mind set so to speak.

Trutiger got a point in 2010 Riverheads doesn’t win title if they don’t lose to Stuart’s Draft the first game of season definitely got minds right on that team

Trutiger got a point in 2010 Riverheads doesn’t win title if they don’t lose to Stuart’s Draft the first game of season definitely got minds right on that team

Well maybe we can give you that push again this year lol

If I remember correctly, 1 of the 5 championships was undefeated.

Reactions: uvacavs1
In 2010 I believe they came to Franklin demanded respect and Franklin was pretty darn good that year and it was clear they were the best team in 1a Stuart draft was 2a with 3a talent they were supposed to win.

In 2010 I believe they came to Franklin demanded respect and Franklin was pretty darn good that year and it was clear they were the best team in 1a Stuart draft was 2a with 3a talent they were supposed to win.
We were winning 24-6 at the half and lost 35-32 because of bad plays (4 unsportsmanlike penalties) that changed the direction of the mindset

Didn't Galax start the season like 1-4 the year they upset Essex and Riverheads to win the state title? What a wake up and coaching job that was!

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Also, to all the East fans, I have this concern -

It looks to be an exciting and competitive race in Region A - teams may beat each other up and everyone might get some games in the L column. Makes for an interesting season but could hurt Region A down the road.

Sorry, I enjoy looking ahead.

We will have to hope Riverheads loses a couple too - I really don't wanna any East contenders to have to play at Riverheads. Tough conditions there, even more so for outsiders.

Heck, Riverheads usually wins when away so them at home in a monster game....

When was the last time Riverheads lost a playoff game at home?

Also, to all the East fans, I have this concern -

It looks to be an exciting and competitive race in Region A - teams may beat each other up and everyone might get some games in the L column. Makes for an interesting season but could hurt Region A down the road.

Sorry, I enjoy looking ahead.

We will have to hope Riverheads loses a couple too - I really don't wanna any East contenders to have to play at Riverheads. Tough conditions there, even more so for outsiders.

Heck, Riverheads usually wins when away so them at home in a monster game....

When was the last time Riverheads lost a playoff game at home?

Gretna maybe?

Didn't Galax start the season like 1-4 the year they upset Essex and Riverheads to win the state title? What a wake up and coaching job that was!
They had a brutal schedule that year and schedule tough games every year. Those losses weren't to Craig or Rye Cove.

Reactions: uvacavs1
They had a brutal schedule that year and schedule tough games every year. Those losses weren't to Craig or Rye Cove.

Sometimes a wise coach will schedule wake up call games...

win-win if you ask me -

a win is great of course, but a loss is always a major learning experience and gets the kids focused on the task at hand (if handled correctly - it could go the other way too)

You don't learn much from whipping cupcakes.

Reactions: obguthr
King William won 28-27 in ‘14 on missed an extra point by a kicker that hadn’t missed all year. Great game but a tough loss. Should’ve, could’ve won that game but it was just not our night in no small part due to KW’s play.

Reactions: radwilliam
Gretna was 2011 and that was an amazing performance by their #6(??). That kid was a flat ball player. Ran the ball effectively and played DB. Lots of respect for that team and their championship.

RH lost to Altavista 09- Altavista champions
RH won against East Montgomery 10- RH Champion
RH lot to Gretna 11- Gretna Champions
RH lost to Wilson 12- Second round
RH lost to Giles 13- Semifinal round Giles Champions
RH lost to KW 14- Second round
RH lost to Galax 15- Championship game Galax Champs
RH won against Sussex 16- RH Champions
RH won against Chilhowie 17- RH Champions

Pretty good run of either winning or at least losing to the eventual champ in the last 9 years

Sorry for that, this is about Essex/Franklin. To me both are quality teams and will present a problem for whomever they face. Good luck and health to both teams.

That's right. KW upset Riverheads by a point at home. I listened to that one on the radio. That was unexpected.

So it has been almost a decade since a current 1A school defeated Riverheads at home in the playoffs. The Galax upset came in Salem, also by a point. That is probably true for the regular season as well?

2009 was also the year Essex won the State title in D2 (smallest school in D2).

That's right. KW upset Riverheads by a point at home. I listened to that one on the radio. That was unexpected.

So it has been almost a decade since a current 1A school defeated Riverheads at home in the playoffs. The Galax upset came in Salem, also by a point. That is probably true for the regular season as well?

According to fourseasonsfootball.com their last regular season loss at home was 2012 to Wilson

Buffalo Gap in 2008 was the last regular season loss to a 1A team at home, 21-14.

coloniak beach is the real winner here. They catch a huge break with Franklin having to play Monday.

coloniak beach is the real winner here. They catch a huge break with Franklin having to play Monday.

Colonial Beach will have to use their passing game to beat Franklin & I don't see that happening with losing one their best players who transfered to a different School. Franklin wins by three TDs.

Last edited:
That goes for King William as well...since Essex playing Monday. But then again, it’s only 2 quarters of football.

Reactions: 20Bronco06
As far as Essex being a finesse team, that may be the case recently but you must be pretty unfamiliar with Essex in the past.[/QUOTE
No disrespect Essex is a top program but I have never associated physical football with Essex, Essex is very good at what they do, The most physical team I have seen in recent memory had the Hammonds Kid. Essex loosing in the title games could be tied to being out muscled. Dameron will need to start running behind his pads more and eliminate some of the tip toeing and use that big body in hole, he dose not run violent running east/west not gonna cut it against fast aggressive defenses. Get him downhill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT