ADVERTISEMENT

Essex vs Franklin

Score up date
I’m at work but my cuz hit me and said 26-8 at half. KJ Dameron broke off a run for 40+ yards before half. Essex gets ball 1st to start 3rd. The game was stopped Friday with Franklin some where in Essex 30’s with 3rd & 2 with 1:49 before the half I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: trutiger16
Essex 16 Franklin 26 with 3:56 in the 3rd. Essex recovered a Franklin fumble and later scored off a pass play.

Reactions: 20Bronco06
Congrats to Franklin on the win. Still think Essex will be a force down the stretch but looks like Franklin has designs on running the east side of Virginia in 1A.

Don’t know all the details but I understand Essex fumbled inside Franklins 5 in the 3rd. Had a shot to make it 23-26 or 24 -26 with momentum. That’s 3 fumbled that very well could of been the game changer against a good team.

Last edited:
Don’t know all the details but I understand Essex fumbled inside Franklins 5 in the 3rd. Had a shot to make it 21-26 or 22 -26 with momentum. That’s 3 fumbled that very well could of been the game changer against a good team.
This game dose more good for Essex than harm, its best to loose early in season than later, the coaching staff job has just became easier to keep the Trojans focus for a title run. Im curious to see how Essex responds Friday.

It is also harder to beat a team two times in a season should they meet up again. Or at least that has been my theory even though I have witnessed it a few times.

@trutiger16, i agree a loss can be a learning experience. It for sure will reveal the character of a team since your focus has to shift back to executing every down.

Reactions: trutiger16
I love the competition. On to King William. Congrats to Franklin. Hope to meet again. Good job to my Trojans today. You guys played much better I’m told.

Interesting indeed. I stopped by EHS on the way to Lowe's in the 4th to check it out. It was 93 degrees in Tappahannock with a heat index of like 104 degrees according to my phone.

1) I was soaked in the heat from just standing there for a long quarter - dang, I don't know how the players did it in that heat....

Congrats to both teams for fighting through it.

Just got home - everyone around here is in the river if outside ha

Last edited:
As for the game, man, it's tough one. Essex looked huge out there and had more players than Franklin.

I was expecting an Essex run to maybe come back and pull it out - but they struggled against Franklin who seemed fast and hungry.

Essex had closed the game to 26-16. Franklin had a 3rd and maybe 16 and scored a TD (on pass I believe). That probably was the end of the comeback.

But there was time like over 8 min in the 4th. Essex had Franklin on another 3rd and long (3rd and 11). Franklin took it to the outside and ran for like about a 55 yard TD! I was dang...then they went right up the middle for two.

Game over (well like 7 min left but out of reach).

Reactions: 20Bronco06
I will say this, Essex could very well bounce back from this and go all the way. Or they may have a meltdown. Coach Jones and staff definitely have their work cut out for them with a short, hot week coming up.

Essex O-line play was really poor and tackling was way off. Of course, Franklin played well too.

I will also say that I felt a little bad for the Essex boys as some of their fans were letting them have it....without mercy.

Essex Defense is not as fast as I thought. Inside LBs doesn't have speed. Dbs are average & if u can block 53 u run ball against them. They have a tuff road ahead starting with King William this Friday. If King William QB is better than Franklin's it will be a long night for Essex. The Woodshed

Last edited:
Reactions: Eaglepride89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT