ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 Predictions

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Region A Essex- This team has been the most impressive group in 1A to me all season. They have weapons at every skill position on offense especially Kam Robinson he is him! This young man has been a real leader for this team all year and is the real deal who imo will play on Sundays eventually. Now let's talk the Defense this group attacks the ball as a unit again led by Kam Robinson. The D line is mean and they cause trouble and they are one of the fastest D lines I've seen. When you play this group you better have an answer at every level or bring a lunch you're gonna need it. I know I left a few guys off but there are to many weapons to name them all. This is my pick to win it all yes even over my MAROONS.

Region B Riverheads- This group lost one of the greatest head coaches of all time in Virginia. And they still produced a 9-1 season against some very good competition. CCC is the focal point for this group he is man a Mr. Do it all for his team. But that doesn't mean he is all they have as his teammates stood strong in his absence due to injury. This is a group capable of winning it all and should never be overlooked they are still an extremely dangerous bunch. These kids are raised in this offense and they run it to perfection if anyone in 1A hopes to knock them off it will take a team effort and mistake free football. Let's not forget they are the 6 time defending state champions.

Region C George Wythe- GW was expected to be improved coming into the season but I don't think this was in the expectations. The main reason for that is Galax is still playing high level football and they've been our kryptonite. Finally the Maroons overcame The Maroon Tide and stood firm on the Tides home field. GW has been a unit this year they've helped each other and played together this has led to success. On offense our 3 year starting QB was injured against Giles we were able to plug and play another young man who proceeded to take over at the position. Now with Jollay back it just adds another weapon for GW and adds a much need QB on the defense he is the conductor of that group without him they seemed out of place he is back now and we're playing better for it. The Jollay brothers are a threat to score at anytime as is most of GWs skills players. Houston and Fowler can beat you down in the run game or they can run away from you. With a group that has Smith, The Jollay Brothers, Houston and Fowler this offense has the ability to score from anywhere at anytime. But for me the star on this team is a young man named Colton Green he is a lineman for GW and on offense he will get his block and take them for a ride. On D I hope your QB is well rested as Mr. Green has a serious ability to abuse QBs for GW he is him and he also punts the football like it owes him money. This bunch is a threat to win it all if and only if they play like a team and continue to believe in themselves and their teammates. They are my pick to represent this side of the state in Salem.

Region D Grundy- The Golden Wave shocked me earlier this season when they should've been arrested for the beating they put on my Maroons. They are an extremely well coached bunch and they plays football the way it should be played as a team. They also play my favorite brand of football SMASH MOUTH! They line up and punch you repeatedly with down hill running and when the see you've had enough they attack. On Defense they play hard and make you earn it they are a tough bunch who isn't affected by the opposing forces. You score ok we'll score you stop us ok we'll stop you they are willing to play tit for tat because they believe in what they do and they believe in the coaches they have. If they can improve slightly in passing D and continue to believe this is a dangerous bunch they could easily represent this side of the state in Salem.

Region A Essex- This team has been the most impressive group in 1A to me all season. They have weapons at every skill position on offense especially Kam Robinson he is him! This young man has been a real leader for this team all year and is the real deal who imo will play on Sundays eventually. Now let's talk the Defense this group attacks the ball as a unit again led by Kam Robinson. The D line is mean and they cause trouble and they are one of the fastest D lines I've seen. When you play this group you better have an answer at every level or bring a lunch you're gonna need it. I know I left a few guys off but there are to many weapons to name them all. This is my pick to win it all yes even over my MAROONS.

Region B Riverheads- This group lost one of the greatest head coaches of all time in Virginia. And they still produced a 9-1 season against some very good competition. CCC is the focal point for this group he is man a Mr. Do it all for his team. But that doesn't mean he is all they have as his teammates stood strong in his absence due to injury. This is a group capable of winning it all and should never be overlooked they are still an extremely dangerous bunch. These kids are raised in this offense and they run it to perfection if anyone in 1A hopes to knock them off it will take a team effort and mistake free football. Let's not forget they are the 6 time defending state champions.

Region C George Wythe- GW was expected to be improved coming into the season but I don't think this was in the expectations. The main reason for that is Galax is still playing high level football and they've been our kryptonite. Finally the Maroons overcame The Maroon Tide and stood firm on the Tides home field. GW has been a unit this year they've helped each other and played together this has led to success. On offense our 3 year starting QB was injured against Giles we were able to plug and play another young man who proceeded to take over at the position. Now with Jollay back it just adds another weapon for GW and adds a much need QB on the defense he is the conductor of that group without him they seemed out of place he is back now and we're playing better for it. The Jollay brothers are a threat to score at anytime as is most of GWs skills players. Houston and Fowler can beat you down in the run game or they can run away from you. With a group that has Smith, The Jollay Brothers, Houston and Fowler this offense has the ability to score from anywhere at anytime. But for me the star on this team is a young man named Colton Green he is a lineman for GW and on offense he will get his block and take them for a ride. On D I hope your QB is well rested as Mr. Green has a serious ability to abuse QBs for GW he is him and he also punts the football like it owes him money. This bunch is a threat to win it all if and only if they play like a team and continue to believe in themselves and their teammates. They are my pick to represent this side of the state in Salem.

Region D Grundy- The Golden Wave shocked me earlier this season when they should've been arrested for the beating they put on my Maroons. They are an extremely well coached bunch and they plays football the way it should be played as a team. They also play my favorite brand of football SMASH MOUTH! They line up and punch you repeatedly with down hill running and when the see you've had enough they attack. On Defense they play hard and make you earn it they are a tough bunch who isn't affected by the opposing forces. You score ok we'll score you stop us ok we'll stop you they are willing to play tit for tat because they believe in what they do and they believe in the coaches they have. If they can improve slightly in passing D and continue to believe this is a dangerous bunch they could easily represent this side of the state in Salem.
I think Galax will knock GW off if they meet again as long as they play up to their potential but a lot of football to be played before that can happen and either team might not make it that far.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
A is pretty much a lock since Essex has beaten most of the other top teams in their region already fairly handily. There is always a chance for an upset but I would be surprised if this one didn’t go chalk. The other three regions are somewhat of a toss up

Lunenburg and Riverheads appear to be on a collision course if both can take care of the rest of the field in that region with Gap the mostly likely culprit to spoil the party. Sussex and Franklin generally have hammers on defense and this time of year getting stops becomes huge so don’t sleep on them stepping up to the challenge.

Region C has a three headed monster that has scrapped with itself this year. Just from watching a few of these games, there is a pile of talent across the three region leaders and frankly any of the three could win the region. Matchups make fights so we will see how each navigates the landlines that make up the playoffs. I lean towards GW but until Galax is knocked out they have to be favored.

Region D is interesting this year with Grundy being the pick of a sizable portion of the SWVA guys. A good running game and stingy defense plays well when games count so they have to be the favorite. That all said, there are several very capable teams that could claim that region with PH deservedly being the most obvious choice.

I have a suspicion that this years playoffs will have some of the best football we have seen in a while out of each region so let the games begin.

Edit:I wanted to come back on and clarify that I am not intending to be disrespectful of the other very good programs in Region A. Several have had very good seasons and should certainly believe they are in the hunt. My feeling is this is a little different Essex team so buying in to them doesn’t mean I don’t recognize that there are more good teams out east.

Last edited:
Galax has finally started playing some decent football again, some games in the middle of the season were the worst I've seen them play in over 12 years but they have finally found their groove in time for the playoffs. If Galax and Grayson both win first round it sets up a rematch in second round and as everyone knows it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season and Grayson is a good team.

Reactions: Bama1985
Giles knocks off Grayson in the first round, Galax in the second round, then Narrows in the Championship game. I’m accepting all bets.

Reactions: Dobb83
A is pretty much a lock since Essex has beaten most of the other top teams in their region already fairly handily. There is always a chance for an upset but I would be surprised if this one didn’t go chalk. The other three regions are somewhat of a toss up

Lunenburg and Riverheads appear to be on a collision course if both can take care of the rest of the field in that region with Gap the mostly likely culprit to spoil the party. Sussex and Franklin generally have hammers on defense and this time of year getting stops becomes huge so don’t sleep on them stepping up to the challenge.

Region C has a three headed monster that has scrapped with itself this year. Just from watching a few of these games, there is a pile of talent across the three region leaders and frankly any of the three could win the region. Matchups make fights so we will see how each navigates the landlines that make up the playoffs. I lean towards GW but until Galax is knocked out they have to be favored.

Region D is interesting this year with Grundy being the pick of a sizable portion of the SWVA guys. A good running game and stingy defense plays well when games count so they have to be the favorite. That all said, there are several very capable teams that could claim that region with PH deservedly being the most obvious choice.

I have a suspicion that this years playoffs will have some of the best football we have seen in a while out of each region so let the games begin.

Edit:I wanted to come back on and clarify that I am not intending to be disrespectful of the other very good programs in Region A. Several have had very good seasons and should certainly believe they are in the hunt. My feeling is this is a little different Essex team so buying in to them doesn’t mean I don’t recognize that there are more good teams out east.
I'm from east. They're different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT