ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4

When will u people ever learn about Galax? It's like this.........you constantly beat your head against the wall and wonder why you have a headache.

Galax is nasty folks. Riverheads is likely in a mess this coming weekend. GW wins easy. The state title is Galax and GW.

Reactions: Dtayl6
When will u people ever learn about Galax? It's like this.........you constantly beat your head against the wall and wonder why you have a headache.

Galax is nasty folks. Riverheads is likely in a mess this coming weekend. GW wins easy. The state title is Galax and GW.

Well that would be a pleasant surprise. Guess we'll see on Saturday.

LOL, why would it be a "pleasant surprise" for GW and Galax to win? They should both be favorites.

Oh, dont take it as a slight towards Galax. If they win I'd be happy with it. Already predicted GW would win as well.

You obviously didn't see the Riverheads Colonial Beach game last night. The Gladiators were brutal in the way they imposed their will on the Drifters. Riverheads could have scored 80 or more if they didn't take their foot off the gas, which was the classy thing to do. Casto has got some home run plays in the book and he didn't have to use any of them against Colonial Beach.

Having said that, Galax is a much different opponent. Riverheads will be facing the defending champs who are bigger, faster, and more disciplined than the Drifters, and doing it on their turf. Galax had a close game with Giles this year but Riverheads is a bit more of a complete team than Giles. Riverheads is a little more straight forward than Giles with what they do on offense, but the defense is much better than Giles'. This game will be close, but Riverheads gets my pick. I'd love to see it, but Richlands-Stuarts Drafts will be a much shorter drive for me.

Reactions: Bama1985 and mmqp
Galax should be favored in this game. They are at home and are defending state champions. Whichever team is able to stick to their bread and butter and be successful will win. I like our chances but this is a very solid Galax squad so it will take a complete game for either to win.

As for Sussex/GW, maybe the third time is the charm for me. Gonna pick against the Tigers again and say it's gonna be by a decent margin. Unless Sussex is different than the other two east teams I have seen, the power game of GW will overwhelm them. That said GW has a passing game as well so they can't load the box to stuff the run. I know Sussex has tons of speed but game speed is another thing altogether and GW does have that. Good luck to both and for the Tigers fans, just know I have been wrong two weeks in a row so your chances of winning probably increase with my pick by a factor of at least 4, lol. Seriously though good luck to both teams.

Yeah it should but everyone one talks about George wythe offense okay good offense can't do anything against better defense simple if u can't score u can't win

Our O isn't good it's amazing 622 points to this point in the season. Hurley was the only team who had more. And not downing Hurley but they did it against bad teams. We did it against 8 playoff teams. And don't sleep on our D it's on par with our O.

Okay and u see the teams u play were are they now Sussex D basically carried them to where they are now GW with be lucky to make it to more then 14 points

Last edited:
Well they are all at home getting ready for basketball. But in order for you to make it to the final 4 that has to happen. And we will not be luck to get 14 GW will score. We don't have to stop us Sussex does but we will see in a week. But remember I said this our size will be overwhelming Sussex can't stack the box on us we are extremely balanced.

For those that are assuming that Sussex is only a speedy, athletic team-- you are mistaken. While they are fast and athletic, they are also big and physical and they will smack you in the mouth. They are one of the more physical teams Ive seen in region A in some time. Their defense is really, really good, but I will be curious to see how they handle the balanced GW attack. My only reasoning for not picking Sussex to advance to the final in my bracket was not having faith in their offense, in the event someone can put up some points on them. This should be a tough game, and I see this as being more of a toss up than most think. It totally depends on what GW is able to do against that Sussex D.

As for Riverheads vs Galax: to me, Riverheads is better this year than they were last year. I dont see any takeaways from the CB game that will translate into this game. With all due respect, CB was quick and shifty, but they were not a physical group, and Riverheads could have run just one play (Super Power) all night and won by the same score. To put things into perspective, Galax shut that power/super power series down last year. Galax will likely control the LOS again this year, but that doesn't guarantee a victory by any means. I wouldnt be surprised to see the direct snap/spin package from RHS this week. Riverheads has a great special teams unit and a very good defense that can force and capitalize on turnovers. Again, I see a toss up.

For those that are assuming that Sussex is only a speedy, athletic team-- you are mistaken. While they are fast and athletic, they are also big and physical and they will smack you in the mouth. They are one of the more physical teams Ive seen in region A in some time. Their defense is really, really good, but I will be curious to see how they handle the balanced GW attack. My only reasoning for not picking Sussex to advance to the final in my bracket was not having faith in their offense, in the event someone can put up some points on them. This should be a tough game, and I see this as being more of a toss up than most think. It totally depends on what GW is able to do against that Sussex D.

As for Riverheads vs Galax: to me, Riverheads is better this year than they were last year. I dont see any takeaways from the CB game that will translate into this game. With all due respect, CB was quick and shifty, but they were not a physical group, and Riverheads could have run just one play (Super Power) all night and won by the same score. To put things into perspective, Galax shut that power/super power series down last year. Galax will likely control the LOS again this year, but that doesn't guarantee a victory by any means. I wouldnt be surprised to see the direct snap/spin package from RHS this week. Riverheads has a great special teams unit and a very good defense that can force and capitalize on turnovers. Again, I see a toss up.
Sussex ran between the tackles prob 95%

Sussex ran between the tackles prob 95%
That won't work against us they are not PM. We shut down the second all time leading rusher in VHSL history last night. He only had like 45 yards you cannot run into the middle of our D. After Galax gave us that gift of a beating we fixed everything.

They will need to Saturday cause the middle will be gone. Gw isnt one dimensional either we are extremely balanced. And I love how when someone does something against GW it was just great playing by the other team. But when GW dominates it was cause by mistakes from the coaches. If you weren't at that game you can't speak about who did what. It's this simple GW dominated PM in ever aspect of that game they did not have nearly enough speed or line play to compete.

Well GW should just save their Gas...we will just forfeit. There seems to be no chance we can win. Im just looking forward to eating at the croaker spot with my guy blaster. We'll get a head start on collecting equipment.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
listen this group was not expected to do much but they might be one of the toughest groups ive seen since 2012...clintwood came in and gave us a tough battle. That clintwood team was special...made great friends that year. That game was special. Those Clintwood folks will always be special to me. Anywho congrats GW on making it to the state title game. GW 88 Sussex 0

From what i've heard some of you dont have the credentials to be posting in these forums. Heard the only time they played football was on video games. IJS. I kind of figured that.

Well GW should just save their Gas...we will just forfeit. There seems to be no chance we can win. Im just looking forward to eating at the croaker spot with my guy blaster. We'll get a head start on collecting equipment.
I'm not saying that at all man I k ow how good yall are. But people have downed me and GW all year saying there was no way that we are even close to what myself and others say we are. But it's finally being proven that we are really what we've said.

But good luck to all the teams still remaining in the fight and to a great young team in Altavista...you have no reason to hang your heads. Altavista is a great program. Those kids are gonna do something special next year.

listen this group was not expected to do much but they might be one of the toughest groups ive seen since 2012...clintwood came in and gave us a tough battle. That clintwood team was special...made great friends that year. That game was special. Those Clintwood folks will always be special to me. Anywho congrats GW on making it to the state title game. GW 88 Sussex 0
I'm with you in the frustration about people selling a team short. That's not what I'm trying to do at all. It really seems to me that most of the true haters are fans of really really mediocre teams who want so bad to be at the top. Sorry but only 1 of the 4 left can win it all that's the way it is. And contrary to popular belief anyone of the 4 can win it all.

Reactions: Bama1985
Dude i see who the trollers are...its 2 really who i cant stand and if i saw them in person i'd slap fire from their mouths. But im just gonna enjoy this run my team is on and sit back and see what happens. Ive been on hudl all day(for those who dont watch film hudl is a software where you can trade and dissect film) and ive seen GW. They are big.

Haha you and me both back hand or front hand lol. Hudl is a great site I use it all the time. And our size and depth is our baby it alone has beat teams all year. That won't work this game. But it will definitely help imo plus our leadership is on point. Thankfully we don't lose a ton off this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT