ADVERTISEMENT

Final 8 Region A Boys Soccer Tournament

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
1st Round

Northampton won over Middlesex (Middlesex won Region A last season)
Mathews over Lancaster (awesome LHS striker Henry Smith could not do it by himself this year)
West Point over Essex (Essex goes without a win for season - 0-13-1)
Franklin advances (12th seed Surry forfeited end of season)

#1 seed Windsor v # 9 seed Northampton

#4 Northumberland v # 5 Franklin

Winners play for Region A Title (made states)

#2 Rappahannock v # 7 Mathews

#3 Washington and Lee v # 6 West Point

Winners play for Region A Title (made states)

Reactions: Soccerfan98
Thoughts-

Do not be surprised in the # 9 seed defeats the #1 seed, in fact, it most likely will happen.

Northumberland should win - if they can score - NHS D and keeper one of the best around.

Rappahannock should win.

W&L and West Point is a toss up - maybe W&L with the edge at home.

Rappahannock most likely will win the Region. Too many weapons.

Reactions: Red_phx82
My predictions

I believe your right with Northampton upsetting Windsor. Northampton possesses the ball extremely well.

Northumberland will win by at least 2if not more

Im gonna go with W&L over West Point. W&L has a nice striker and West Poi t has had trouble scoring all year.

Next I'm going with another upset Mathews over Rapp. I believe only Mathews and Northumberland are the only teams that have a chance of beating the talented Rapp squad. Just my opinion.

Good luck to all the teams

My predictions

I believe your right with Northampton upsetting Windsor. Northampton possesses the ball extremely well.

Northumberland will win by at least 2if not more

Im gonna go with W&L over West Point. W&L has a nice striker and West Poi t has had trouble scoring all year.

Next I'm going with another upset Mathews over Rapp. I believe only Mathews and Northumberland are the only teams that have a chance of beating the talented Rapp squad. Just my opinion.

Good luck to all the teams
Yeah I’m going with W&L over West Point also, just because they are missing their best defender for the season and their goalie who earlier in the year blocked up W&Ls striker very well is still hurt from the district Mathews game and he didn’t play vs Essex yesterday idk where he stands for tomorrow. West Point lost to Rapp 2-1 with a last minute goal from Rapp but once again the defender is out now and their starting goalie had 30 saves about.

I’m going with Northampton over Windsor also I just don’t believe Windsor is as good as their schedule shows and Northampton has really good possession.

I’m going Rapp over Mathews in a high scoring game I don’t see Mathews defense hanging with that Rapp attack and Mathews Striker will sneak a couple in but it just won’t be enough.

Northumberland should win also their just like West Point, really good defense and goalie but have trouble scoring imo

Thoughts-

Do not be surprised in the # 9 seed defeats the #1 seed, in fact, it most likely will happen.

Northumberland should win - if they can score - NHS D and keeper one of the best around.

Rappahannock should win.

W&L and West Point is a toss up - maybe W&L with the edge at home.

Rappahannock most likely will win the Region. Too many weapons.

well 4 for 4 ain't bad.

4, 3, 2, 1 were the differences in the 4 games.

The biggest win was the 9th seed upsetting the #1 seed at home by 4 goals - as if more evidence was needed that the seeding is off and often hurts NND teams at times (and maybe some Tidewater).

Rapp won 3-0 (Rapp Keep stuffed PK)

Northumberland won 2-0.

W&L won a close one 1-0.

3 of final 4 Region A teams from NND.

well 4 for 4 ain't bad.

4, 3, 2, 1 were the differences in the 4 games.

The biggest win was the 9th seed upsetting the #1 seed at home by 4 goals - as if more evidence was needed that the seeding is off and often hurts NND teams at times (and maybe some Tidewater).

Rapp won 3-0 (Rapp Keep stuffed PK)

Northumberland won 2-0.

W&L won a close one 1-0.

3 of final 4 Region A teams from NND.
Yeah 4 for 4 is good for me also lol

Northampton deserves that a lot more and that just goes to show how weak of a schedule Windsor has and hurts the seeding terribly.

Rapps keeper had a nice penalty save

Northumberland was able to overcome the scoring jump

W&L was able to pull one out #10 had a 1on1 after West Points CB messed up the Free kick. Also credit goes out to WPs keeper who did return on a sprained foot that happened just a week ago and managed to save double digit shots including a tramp. West Points best attacker broke his tibia first 3 min of the game prayers out to him that really hurt them. They did not get a shot on target all game. They just couldn’t get over the finishing part of the game all year and it shot them in the foot.

Reactions: uvacavs1
So this Tuesday-

W&L travels to Warsaw to play the Raiders.

Always a tough match but RAPP would be the heavy favorite.

Northampton travels to Northumberland for an intriguing matchup. (The Battle for the North I always call it in football - Game of Thrones - if you missed it, you missed out on an event.)

Northampton has returned to its historical form scoring 15 goals in two playoff games....has Coach Gorman returned? Somebody has got them organized and deadly once again.

Should be a battle...

Tuesday will be a big sports day in Northumberland- 3 NHS teams will be playing for the honor of making states and having a chance at the big time.

There will be the #1 seed NHS softball team hosting Northampton - NHS softball has a great shot at states!

Also, a double header in soccer (just like yesterday-the 4 refs were top notch btw, well done) as the Indian boys play Northampton as mentioned.

The Indian girls have a monster game against rival W&L. These girls just don’t really like each other that much it seems. WL took 2 really close ones already from NHS and they tied once. Will the Indians win the one that counts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT