ADVERTISEMENT

Final four prediction

Yeah I would agree with that logic. It's just one of those games though, out of sync to start with. The BYE week was not good for us at all, I'm sure LT would agree with that. It's just bad for a team's psyche. Woodgrove is a solid team, but Millbrook was also pretty underrated by this point in the season. I just think at the end of the day, the 5 big playmakers for JF will produce and pull it out.
LT didn't have a bye last week, only 4A west did the first round bye.

Yeah I would agree with that logic. It's just one of those games though, out of sync to start with. The BYE week was not good for us at all, I'm sure LT would agree with that. It's just bad for a team's psyche. Woodgrove is a solid team, but Millbrook was also pretty underrated by this point in the season. I just think at the end of the day, the 5 big playmakers for JF will produce and pull it out.
I don't think LT had a bye Week 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: VolNation85
What does one head coach and a few fans have to do with the south side?
That is where they are from and we never had these experiences with any other teams- all from other areas. Everyone - players, fans and coaches represent your district when on the road. Act appropriately! Get it !

Gotcha, forgot that was only the west. I figured that's why they came out slow. But yeah, BYE weeks aren't good for a team in my opinion especially in playoff time

That is where they are from and we never had these experiences with any other teams- all from other areas. Everyone - players, fans and coaches represent your district when on the road. Act appropriately! Get it !

No, I don't get it because I believe that individuals represent themselves and not the entire population who happens to live near them.

Does Lafayette grad Lawrence Taylor represent the way that you live your life?

Reactions: gwb16 and Gunz41
No, I don't get it because I believe that individuals represent themselves and not the entire population who happens to live near them.

I completely agree with Rod here, I don't think that Riverheads or Wilson in the district or Robert E. Lee or Waynesboro in the area represents Stuarts Draft as a community or fan base. Not saying anything bad about those places or fan bases, but they don't represent us. Heck, from what you see on here from the area teams, Riverheads and Wilson get into it all the time.

Why would you talk bad about an entire area of the state because of a few people? That takes it one step further than even saying a team is bad because of a few dumb fans, which EVERYWHERE has

Reactions: gwb16
LT vs Courtland
JF vs. Salem.

As stated earlier, there is more than one team that could win this class. The ball is oblong and sometimes takes a funny bounce...you just never know. Good luck to all and may everyone remain injury free.

Right - those left at this point are all excellent teams

Do not agree. An employee's conduct does represent the attitude and ethics of their company , a tourists conduct represents the opinions of their state or country, a persons conduct represents a lot more than just the individual, and yes Taylor poor conduct at times does reflect poorly on Williamsburg though he is down deep a great guy. I have travelled all over the world on business - from the UK to China and yes I definitely represented alot more than myself and I was fully aware of this. I knew many people would draw conclusions on the US from my conduct. No offense intended but I think you need to get out more in the world.

Right - those left at this point are all excellent teams

Do not agree. An employee's conduct does represent the attitude and ethics of their company , a tourists conduct represents the opinions of their state or country, a persons conduct represents a lot more than just the individual, and yes Taylor poor conduct at times does reflect poorly on Williamsburg though he is down deep a great guy. I have travelled all over the world on business - from the UK to China and yes I definitely represented alot more than myself and I was fully aware of this. I knew many people would draw conclusions on the US from my conduct. No offense intended but I think you need to get out more in the world.

No offense back at you, but your research on my life gets an 'F-' grade regarding where I have lived and where I have traveled.

Following your logic, I guess that the people from the UK to China should know that you like to scream out swear words and that you act unruly when in a crowd. After all, that is exactly what a few other Americans did on Friday night. They represent not only their school and the south side, but also Virginians and Americans.

We will disagree forever. And I have no idea where you live or background nor you on I except what I have stated here. I would say end of discussion, but I wouldn't mine knowing more about you after reading these posts.

We will disagree forever. And I have no idea where you live or background nor you on I except what I have stated here. I would say end of discussion, but I wouldn't mine knowing more about you after reading these posts.
I know this argument is between you and Rod, but I dont understand how one coaches behavior represents a whole district?

I am not sure what rock you have been under, but i know very few coaches who dont use profanity of some sort. Even the most respected coaches occassionally caught cursing on national tv. I dont excuse it, but its reality.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I know this argument is between you and Rod, but I dont understand how one coaches behavior represents a whole district?

I am not sure what rock you have been under, but i know very few coaches who dont use profanity of some sort. Even the most respected coaches occassionally caught cursing on national tv. I dont excuse it, but its reality.
The unruly fans that required police intervention is a larger part of the talk in this area. A first at Wanner Stadium.

The unruly fans that required police intervention is a larger part of the talk in this
Ok. Let me ask you. If you went to a college football game and a several grown men were drunk, belligerent and cursing in front of your daughter requiring security intervention would you blame the university, conference and NCAA? Answer first and i will finish the story.

There is a 0.0% chance that I am exposing more of my personal life to any but a few hand-selected posters on this board.

Plus, you've already made up your mind about me.

Sorry. We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I
I would probably ask them where their from that they would exhibit such poor behavior and say - stop embarrassing yourself and your home area with conduct and call security as I sure at that point an altercation would about to happen.

There is a 0.0% chance that I am exposing more of my personal life to any but a few hand-selected posters on this board.

Plus, you've already made up your mind about me.

Sorry. We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Actually I have not made up mind/ we have very divergent views and just interested how our backgrounds lead to that. In 1986 I moved down to Va from North Jersey (ok- let the stereotypes fly!!) and noticed people here versus there are much more private and not as open to personal info. In your picture you look like a nice guy.

I

I would probably ask them where their from that they would exhibit such poor behavior and say - stop embarrassing yourself and your home area with conduct and call security as I sure at that point an altercation would about to happen.
Happened at good ole UVA yesterday. Not the cheap seats either. Three grown men in orange blazers and bow ties. Cursed all day and even spilled beer on a 2 year old child. Took everything i had to keep the father of the child from killing them. Guess who was asked to calm down or leave? Not the rich alumni.

Jerks are everywhere! Not just in the Southside. This type of post only causes one to question your motives. This is not the first time you have made this type of comment. Remember the ones about security concerns, Saturday games and extra police? I do and your beliefs are onvious to all.

Thanks for the story- pretty interesting as to the end. Sorry you do like or agree with my opinions, but that's life. And some opinions are tough for some to accept and live with. Look at the uproar over some of Trumps opinions! But I have personally travelled to nearly every nook and craney in VA and those are my opinions.

Last edited:
Zero ? Not even 2%?

Ok, I'll even go 5%.

Probably the worst possible thing that could happen to anyone facing LT was Friday night. To make that many mistakes in one game, (and most were unforced errors), do you think the coach is going to have a field day with the film? The word focus will be used so much and so loud, that 3/4 of the team will think that is their name by Friday.

But, this might be the two biggest factors. First, they came back and won after digging a whole that 95% of teams could never claw back from. And secondly, and maybe most importantly, they overcame a series of mistakes that would spell doom for the vast majority of teams in playoff competition. These are really one in the same, but subtly different.n

Lafayette upsetting LT would rank right up the with the Chaminade blunder. A possibility, but a very remote possibility.

Hey, I mean no disrespect at all for the Lafayette program. And you are doing exactly what a loyal fan should do. Support your boys with all of your heart. I admire that more than you know. I just have my own opinion, that is all.

Get past Courtland, and LT take care of business with Hanover, and we will have our answer.

Thanks for the story- pretty interesting as to the end. Sorry you do like or agree with my opinions, but that's life. And some opinions are tough for some to accept and live with. Look at the uproar over some of Trumps opinions! But I have personally travelled to nearly every nook and craney in VA and those are my opinions.

Ok, your honesty is appreciated. Just curious, does Lafeyette use security wands at home games for home and away fans like several of the other BRD schools? If so why? Jamestown does. Do you think they were afraid of terrorist, violence or just us riff raff from Dinwiddie last year (searched everthing we had). My guess problems are everywhere and you will not acknowledge it. Good luck this weekend.

Last edited:
H
Ok, I'll even go 5%.

Probably the worst possible thing that could happen to anyone facing LT was Friday night. To make that many mistakes in one game, (and most were unforced errors), do you think the coach is going to have a field day with the film? The word focus will be used so much and so loud, that 3/4 of the team will think that is their name by Friday.

But, this might be the two biggest factors. First, they came back and won after digging a whole that 95% of teams could never claw back from. And secondly, and maybe most importantly, they overcame a series of mistakes that would spell doom for the vast majority of teams in playoff competition. These are really one in the same, but subtly different.n

Lafayette upsetting LT would rank right up the with the Chaminade blunder. A possibility, but a very remote possibility.

Hey, I mean no disrespect at all for the Lafayette program. And you are doing exactly what a loyal fan should do. Support your boys with all of your heart. I admire that more than you know. I just have my own opinion, that is all.

Get past Courtland, and LT take care of business with Hanover, and we will have our answer.
hey - at this point in time 5% maybe right! I'm not delusional- yet! Courtland is a major obstacle. I would be lying if a win there is less than a 50% chance.

Ok, your honesty is appreciated. Just curious, does Lafeyette use security wands at home games for home and away fans like several of the other BRD schools? If so why? Jamestown does. Do you think they were afraid of terrorist, violence or just us riff raff from Dinwiddie last year (searched everthing we had). My guess problems are everywhere and you will not acknowledge it. Good luck this weekend.
Yes/ there never been any fan or other problems at any home game before but yes they do have security guards with metal detectors. But I do not get wanded in new Kent, Bruton, or any York Co game. During the regular season with us when we are the "visiting" school I do not get wanded at Wanner. Lafayette does it every game. I guess we are the rogue school in BRD. I admit problems are everywhere, just more likely in some than others.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Let me tell you something @Lafayette Alonzo Ricks the HC at Churchland HS is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is a passionate coach that motivates his kids and gets what he can get out of the kids from Churchland. If you think he is a spectacle then you would have to go to Church after watching some other coaches around the state get after it. SMH

@Lafayette I have a question for you...The BRD wants all this respect, but looking at who the BRD has played OOD and in the playoffs over a period of time lets say 5 years...Who have ANYONE in the district beaten that was good? I'll take the top tier teams in the BRD York, Poquoson, and Lafayette, Tabb, and Grafton

Lafayette playoff wins:
2011 Park View (South Hill)
2013 Spotsylvania
2013 Warren Co.
2014 Huguenot
2014 Hopewell
2014 Petersburg
2015 Churchland
2015 Heritage

Poquoson:
2011 Southampton
2013 Petersburg
2014 Southampton
2015 Warhill

York:
2011 Poquoson
2012 Poquoson
2014 Armstrong
2015 Colonial Heights

Tabb:
Zero wins

Grafton:
2011 Chancellor
2011 Courtland

Not looking good for the BRD when it comes to beating quality opponents. Lafayette cake walked to the finals last year. Huguenot, Petersburg, Hopewell, and Western Albemarle were awful.

Last edited:
@Lafayette I have a question for you...The BRD wants all this respect, but looking at who the BRD has played OOD and in the playoffs over a period of time lets say 5 years...Who have ANYONE in the district beaten that was good? I'll take the top tier teams in the BRD York, Poquoson, and Lafayette, Tabb, and Grafton

Lafayette playoff wins:
2013 Spotsylvania
2013 Warren Co.
2014 Huguenot
2014 Hopewell
2014 Petersburg
2015 Churchland
2015 Heritage

Poquoson:
2011 Southampton
2013 Petersburg
2014 Southampton
2015 Warhill

York:
2011 Poquoson
2012 Poquoson
2014 Armstrong
2015 Colonial Heights

Tabb:
Zero wins

Grafton:
2011 Chancellor
2011 Courtland

Not looking good for the BRD when it comes to beating quality opponents. Lafayette cake walked to the finals last year. Huguenot, Petersburg, Hopewell, and Western Albemarle were awful.
Ha-ha you are about to upset JD fans calling a team like western albemarle awful. Can't call teams out of the JD awful on this board they have the best programs in the state according to some posters and coaches.

You rea

Lafayette playoff wins:
2013 Spotsylvania
2013 Warren Co.
2014 Huguenot
2014 Hopewell
2014 Petersburg
2015 Churchland
2015 Heritage

Poquoson:
2011 Southampton
2013 Petersburg
2014 Southampton
2015 Warhill

York:
2011 Poquoson
2012 Poquoson
2014 Armstrong
2015 Colonial Heights

Tabb:
Zero wins

Grafton:
2011 Chancellor
2011 Courtland

you think w. Albemarle was "awful"?

You rea

you think w. Albemarle was "awful"?

Yes...They went 11-3 losing to Louisa who was one and done 56-26...They got 53 hung up on them by Powhatan who lost the BTW in the first round at home. Booker T.... So, when I say yes they were awful their results show they weren't that good. This same Western team just got 85 hung up on them this weekend..85 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
Yes...They went 11-3 losing to Louisa who was one and done 27-7...They got 53 hung up on them by Powhatan who lost the BTW in the first round at home. Booker T.... So, when I say yes they were awful their results show they weren't that good. This same Western team just got 85 hung up on them this weekend..85 points.
I can see your point and can't argue it- your data is complete. I guess Lafayette has some work to get to that next level.

Lafayette playoff wins:
2013 Spotsylvania
2013 Warren Co.
2014 Huguenot
2014 Hopewell
2014 Petersburg
2015 Churchland
2015 Heritage

Poquoson:
2011 Southampton
2013 Petersburg
2014 Southampton
2015 Warhill

York:
2011 Poquoson
2012 Poquoson
2014 Armstrong
2015 Colonial Heights

Tabb:
Zero wins

Grafton:
2011 Chancellor
2011 Courtland

If be interested Devils in a list just like this but of losses

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT