ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Louisa 35 EC Glass 14

Chatham was cutting Appo flagrantly, surprised no flags thrown for it.

Cutting is still allowed in high school on the line of scrimmage as part of a lineman's initial charge. Chop blocking is not legal. Many people use the terms cutting and chopping interchangeably but in actuality they are very different.

Yes, cutting is legal, but still dangerous, especially when it's done most of the game. I never meant chopping.

Last edited:
I agree completely. I know it is taught more often than not on goal line and short yardage situations to create piles and clog running lanes but I think the day is coming where it will soon be illegal to block below the waist or cut lineman anywhere on the field in high school.

I agree completely. I know it is taught more often than not on goal line and short yardage situations to create piles and clog running lanes but I think the day is coming where it will soon be illegal to block below the waist or cut lineman anywhere on the field in high school.
More shots to the head, less to the thigh board…. SMH

Reactions: Senex
The good thing is you won't see any cutting or chopping next week. Salem's OL and DL does not do that at all and neither does Louisa's.

Reactions: LionNation540
The good thing is you won't see any cutting or chopping next week. Salem's OL and DL does not do that at all and neither does Louisa's.
Eli Brooks and Quentin Spellman vs Cam Martindale and Stacy Williams in the trenches will be fun to watch. I haven't watched Salem to give an honest opinion but look forward to watching the battle in the trenches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT