ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Pulaski 53 Carroll County 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This outcome comes as no surprise to anyone. Here is what I seen from both teams.
Carroll County:
They are still a work in progress with out a doubt. They are probably more physical than Carroll County has been in some time but this is certainly a "rebuild" from the ground up for Coach Turner. They gave over all good effort in the game but turn overs and mental mistakes really killed them. As it will most teams. If this team continues to work hard as they have to this point and at some point gain some confidence and belief they can compete then they will win some games in the coming years.

Pulaski County:
I think Coach James and the administration should be embarrassed by the way they played this game. It is obvious there is no structure or discipline with this team. They had a lineman (#78) get ejected for multiple unsportsmanlike calls and according to some I spoke at the game this behavior is every game. There was continual shoving and talking after what seemed like every play. This is not something I think anyone is used to at Pulaski County. I think this is the culture James has created and as the old saying goes you reap what you sew. They do certainly have a couple/few good athletes most notably the QB (#3) and Receiver (#7). I had heard coming into this game that neither of them really liked contact and that was certainly what I seen. The receiver laid on the field and hobbled around anytime he would take a solid hit. On the other hand anytime he was wide open on a pass and scoring a touch down he was a world beater. A lot of what I would call show boating. If you pressure/hit the QB he shuts down (will run out of bounds and make bad decisions) but if you let him run around with no pressure he is certainly capable of making plays with his arm and feet. In short if any team is physical with PC they will beat them. This is not a team at least from what I seen that can fight through a physical adverse game. They IMO are not a real playoff threat or contender based on what I seen at the game. They are simply not a physical team IMO, have no real running game IMO and as I mentioned are very undisciplined. This team will be 6-4 (7-3 at best). As a former player at PC and having a son play for the Cougars it is amazing to see where this once respected and competitive program has gone..

This outcome comes as no surprise to anyone. Here is what I seen from both teams.
Carroll County:
They are still a work in progress with out a doubt. They are probably more physical than Carroll County has been in some time but this is certainly a "rebuild" from the ground up for Coach Turner. They gave over all good effort in the game but turn overs and mental mistakes really killed them. As it will most teams. If this team continues to work hard as they have to this point and at some point gain some confidence and belief they can compete then they will win some games in the coming years.

Pulaski County:
I think Coach James and the administration should be embarrassed by the way they played this game. It is obvious there is no structure or discipline with this team. They had a lineman (#78) get ejected for multiple unsportsmanlike calls and according to some I spoke at the game this behavior is every game. There was continual shoving and talking after what seemed like every play. This is not something I think anyone is used to at Pulaski County. I think this is the culture James has created and as the old saying goes you reap what you sew. They do certainly have a couple/few good athletes most notably the QB (#3) and Receiver (#7). I had heard coming into this game that neither of them really liked contact and that was certainly what I seen. The receiver laid on the field and hobbled around anytime he would take a solid hit. On the other hand anytime he was wide open on a pass and scoring a touch down he was a world beater. A lot of what I would call show boating. If you pressure/hit the QB he shuts down (will run out of bounds and make bad decisions) but if you let him run around with no pressure he is certainly capable of making plays with his arm and feet. In short if any team is physical with PC they will beat them. This is not a team at least from what I seen that can fight through a physical adverse game. They IMO are not a real playoff threat or contender based on what I seen at the game. They are simply not a physical team IMO, have no real running game IMO and as I mentioned are very undisciplined. This team will be 6-4 (7-3 at best). As a former player at PC and having a son play for the Cougars it is amazing to see where this once respected and competitive program has gone..
They were definitely guilty of playing down to the level of competition. I have to disagree with your assessment of the team as a whole. They can play physical football and will improve as the season goes since they are young in some positions. #7 clearly rolled his ankle during the 1st quarter and wasn’t close to 100% the rest of the game. It seems you are a Coach Turner supporter, who is still mad that he resigned almost 8 years ago, and will hate on the current football coach. You are clearly the typical fan who knows everything except what is actually the truth about what is going on with the football team. All you see is 48 minutes of a game but have no idea what goes on during the week at practice.

Wow. Let me be clear up front. My post was my opinion(s) on what I seen at that game and it appears you have a differing opinion which is fine. I was not trying to bend your little feelings but it is obvious by your response that you KNOW NOTHING about the history or standard/tradition of PC football. I just call it like I see it and will continue to do so whether you or the person with the little set of binoculars on this site like it or not. And yes you are correct I am a Coach Turner supporter but that has NOTHING to do with my post in any way. As I said I PLAYED for PC as well as my son did and I know and fully understand the history and tradition of PC football. Did you or your son play for PC Mr./Mrs. "Football Army" or are you possibly a Wythe County transplant? If you do not know the tradition or the history of PC football then you may not be the right person to speak on these matters. I stand by my post and what I said and when the season comes to a end we will see who was correct (you or I) in their observations of the program. Keep watching through your rose colored glasses and try not to be so sensitive. And look on the bright side they will at least make the playoffs at 6-4 and then Coach James wish will come true to "just make the playoffs".

Wow. Let me be clear up front. My post was my opinion(s) on what I seen at that game and it appears you have a differing opinion which is fine. I was not trying to bend your little feelings but it is obvious by your response that you KNOW NOTHING about the history or standard/tradition of PC football. I just call it like I see it and will continue to do so whether you or the person with the little set of binoculars on this site like it or not. And yes you are correct I am a Coach Turner supporter but that has NOTHING to do with my post in any way. As I said I PLAYED for PC as well as my son did and I know and fully understand the history and tradition of PC football. Did you or your son play for PC Mr./Mrs. "Football Army" or are you possibly a Wythe County transplant? If you do not know the tradition or the history of PC football then you may not be the right person to speak on these matters. I stand by my post and what I said and when the season comes to a end we will see who was correct (you or I) in their observations of the program. Keep watching through your rose colored glasses and try not to be so sensitive. And look on the bright side they will at least make the playoffs at 6-4 and then Coach James wish will come true to "just make the playoffs".
Not being sensitive meathead08. I just get tired of hearing opinions of people who have no idea what is going on with the program. Why don’t you act like an adult and stop talking negatively about 16-17 year old players. Leave the kids out of it. You want to attack a coach, have at it. It’s just sad to have to constantly listen about how the program is not what t used to be. I’m sure your AWESOME 2008 team WAS the greatest ever. Key word is WAS. Move on and support the current team without comparing it to the greatness of the 2008 team. Another thing, stop complaining on this site about the job Coach James is doing and MAN UP and talk to the coach one on one.

Hey if yall are wanting to get rid of coach james we would love to have him back at Fc we will trade cause what we have sucks

Reactions: Scagmowers
Not being sensitive meathead08. I just get tired of hearing opinions of people who have no idea what is going on with the program. Why don’t you act like an adult and stop talking negatively about 16-17 year old players. Leave the kids out of it. You want to attack a coach, have at it. It’s just sad to have to constantly listen about how the program is not what t used to be. I’m sure your AWESOME 2008 team WAS the greatest ever. Key word is WAS. Move on and support the current team without comparing it to the greatness of the 2008 team. Another thing, stop complaining on this site about the job Coach James is doing and MAN UP and talk to the coach one on one.

I doubt he would have been on the 08 team if he had/has a kid on team. But other stuff I agree.

You do realize that those binoculars are not from anyone on here except you, it means you are watching the thread as you posted on it.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Carroll County:

Pulaski County:

Only time Pulaski should've been embarrassed is when it was on film them telling kids to down block and "take out their knees". Under the previous staff. Talk about no discipline!

Get your facts straight the coaches that made those statements are still on staff. I have no dog in fight and could care less who coaches Pulaski as long as they win. I was a Joel Hicks fan, a Jack Turner fan as a player and coach and I am a James fan. Coaches are going to be different in how they run program and what they allow.

I certainly know what is going on with the program that I can assure you. As far as you saying for me too "MAN UP" and talk to the coach. FYI. I have voiced my opinion to not only James but other coaches and the AD about the culture that has been created at PC not only with James but Jones was the same way. I think it is you that does not know what is going on with that program. I understand in this politically correct and over sensitive society we live in that if someone has a opinion that is not politically correct then it is considered bashing, trashing or what ever. I stated my opinion and I stick by that opinion. That is why I have fought in combat so that I have the right to voice my opinion(s) and so that "snow flakes" such as yourself and others have the same right as well. And also I was not on the 2008 team but my son was and no that was not the greatest team of all time at PC. That team was a group of kids that played hard, over achieved and let their play speak for itself unlike the Cougars now that unfortunately like to let their mouths do all the talking. At any rate as you said it is time to move on. And move on I am.

I certainly know what is going on with the program that I can assure you. As far as you saying for me too "MAN UP" and talk to the coach. FYI. I have voiced my opinion to not only James but other coaches and the AD about the culture that has been created at PC not only with James but Jones was the same way. I think it is you that does not know what is going on with that program. I understand in this politically correct and over sensitive society we live in that if someone has a opinion that is not politically correct then it is considered bashing, trashing or what ever. I stated my opinion and I stick by that opinion. That is why I have fought in combat so that I have the right to voice my opinion(s) and so that "snow flakes" such as yourself and others have the same right as well. And also I was not on the 2008 team but my son was and no that was not the greatest team of all time at PC. That team was a group of kids that played hard, over achieved and let their play speak for itself unlike the Cougars now that unfortunately like to let their mouths do all the talking. At any rate as you said it is time to move on. And move on I am.
Thanks for your service, however, you still don’t have a clue to what is going on with the current program.

Just stick to taking pictures meathead08!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT