ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL - Salem 48 GW Danville 14

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Salem into their eighth state semis in the past nine years. Truly remarkable consistency. Their playoff record now stands at 79-23, edging closer to overtaking Hampton (81) for the most playoff wins in VHSL history, quite the stat given how much older of a school Hampton is overall.

As a side note, Cam Leftwich now holds the Salem single season TD record. Best true FB in Salem history?

Salem into their eighth state semis in the past nine years. Truly remarkable consistency. Their playoff record now stands at 79-23, edging closer to overtaking Hampton (81) for the most playoff wins in VHSL history, quite the stat given how much older of a school Hampton is overall.

As a side note, Cam Leftwich now holds the Salem single season TD record. Best true FB in Salem history?
Most of those wins if not all since 1986. Best Salem FB ?? Him and Matt Anderson. Helps that Cam is the feature back. All the other great FB have had unbelievable TB behind them.

Reactions: SFUWO
Most of those wins if not all since 1986. Best Salem FB ?? Him and Matt Anderson. Helps that Cam is the feature back. All the other great FB have had unbelievable TB behind them.

1977-1982: 17-42-1
1983-present: 403-81-3

And agree that being the feature back helps tremendously but it's such a rarity to have a true FB be the feature back and he's responded wonderfully to the burden.

It sure must be nice to have a dominant fullback running it down opponents' throats old school smash mouth style, most years. Louisa could've done it this year with #40 out of the I, but I'm done beating that dead horse....

Reactions: Senex

The best true fullback? Alex Ramsey and Marty Bishop were dominant at the position. Alex Ramsey actually had to share the ball with Foxx and Clayborn. Leftwich is damn good don't get me wrong but Ramsey, Bishop, to me, then either Matt Anderson or Leftwich.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think I predicted this one to be a rout, the Eagles aren’t just at the level of the Spartans and it shows this time of year every time.

Want a cookie?

Sure what kind? I prefer snickerdoodle or peanut butter. I just remembered you @ me speaking as if I’m speaking some foreign language about my synopsis of a game. I prefaced each statement I made with some conditional backing and was disputed and refuted. History has a sad way of repeating itself, I didn’t see anything throughout the year to allude to history being changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT