ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Sherando 42, Handley 0

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Very sloppy play by the Warriors tonight but it was enough to get the win. Lots and lots of penalties, but I only saw one that I disagreed with. The team is still clearly banged up from the last two games, as evidenced by the limited types of plays on offense. Hoping that Entsminger can heal up before the playoffs. There's no real reason for him to play at all next weekend against Fauquier.

Handley has improved so much from last year. It's a shame Curry is a senior, but he's going to make a college team very happy next year, that's for sure. He made some absolutely amazing catches throughout the game.

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
I would agree that "sloppy" could be applied to how Sherando played in the first half... 10 penalties for 80 yards sounds ugly, but 8 or 9 of them were in the first half alone. I can't say the PI was a legit call or not, but it had zero effect on the game. In fact, none of the penalties had any significant impact. Sherando's DE was off sides 2 times and the others came on 2 special teams calls. 2 of them were also on the center for snap infractions. As far as limited players, the only player limited was the QB and Handley didn't touch him all night. He managed to escape all situations that could have resulted in a sack. Sherando held Handley to under 20 yards of offense in the 2nd half, had 3 INT's, Curry only had 3 catches (all in the 1st half, and 2 of them pretty damn nice), Imoh wanted no part of handling the ball in the 2nd half, and Sherando scored 21 points, with little opposition, in the 3rd quarter... Sloppy is not how I would define the game as a whole.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT