ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Sherando: 51 Warren County 0

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Score doesn't indicate how lopsided this game was. Warren County had something like -10 yards at the half. I arrived a bit late and sat on the Warren County side and found myself feeling bad for their players. The announcer sounded depressed in the booth and barely spoke even when Warren County made a good play, though he managed to hype himself up a bit when making sponsor announcements. Warren County's fans were jokingly cheering for Sherando at times and I've never heard that at a game, no matter what the score was. And it wasn't other Sherando fans sitting on their side.

Warriors played well, especially on defense. QB1 threw a couple floaters I don't think he'll be able to get away with against upcoming teams, but you take what's given. Really would like to get #25 back one of these days.

On a negative note, I was listening to the Millbrook/Kettle Run game on the way home and heard more politics than football. 105.5 needs to focus on the game, not idle chatter. I tuned in to hear the Pioneers doing their best to pull a big upset, not to hear about how divided the country is and how some random politician is doing a grassroots campaign.

Score doesn't indicate how lopsided this game was. Warren County had something like -10 yards at the half. I arrived a bit late and sat on the Warren County side and found myself feeling bad for their players. The announcer sounded depressed in the booth and barely spoke even when Warren County made a good play, though he managed to hype himself up a bit when making sponsor announcements. Warren County's fans were jokingly cheering for Sherando at times and I've never heard that at a game, no matter what the score was. And it wasn't other Sherando fans sitting on their side.

Warriors played well, especially on defense. QB1 threw a couple floaters I don't think he'll be able to get away with against upcoming teams, but you take what's given. Really would like to get #25 back one of these days.

On a negative note, I was listening to the Millbrook/Kettle Run game on the way home and heard more politics than football. 105.5 needs to focus on the game, not idle chatter. I tuned in to hear the Pioneers doing their best to pull a big upset, not to hear about how divided the country is and how some random politician is doing a grassroots campaign.
How many tds did Carlson throw?

Gotcha. He’s a solid qb. I saw sherando play both Jefferson and Brentsville last season when I lived in Winchester. I could tell he has a good arm.
Yeah he's about as solid a guy as you could hope for. Smart with the ball and a good leader.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT