ADVERTISEMENT

For Rustburg fans

These are links to the 1990 3a Championship game where Rustburg wins 7-6 over Nottoway. This was the Red Devil's 1st football championship with others coming in '93 (4A) & '00.
Mike that second video in which the game is broadcasted is absolutely beautiful! Better than ESPN especially for 1990!! . What would we all give to have the local games broadcasted like that now. We're lucky if we get a 30 second highlight on FFE :mad:

Reactions: mike salem
Are there any tapes of rustburg with Danny Davis I know he played there around the late 80's.

Are there any tapes of rustburg with Danny Davis I know he played there around the late 80's.
So far all I've found is 9 games from the 90 season and one from 89, which does feature Charlie Davis, younger brother of Danny. Charlie was a good RB, but not as good as Danny. Charlie had less than 15 yds rushing for the game. I'll post the link below for the video from the 89 semifinal game between the Red Devils and the G Men of Graham. I was there at Mitchell Stadium and it wasn't pretty for the Devils as they lost 30-8. In 90 there was a semifinal rematch where Rustburg turned the tables winning 16-14.

At about the 1 hr 32 minute mark there was a flashback to the 87 championship game that showed a part of Danny Davis making a big PR near the end of the game with JM, to this point it's the only footage I've found so far of Double D.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT