ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Defiance at Staunton..........Am I Missing Something?

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Earlier this week, when I did my usual preview of this week's Shenandoah District games, I mentioned this one as being the most likely game to be competitive and maybe even down to the wire. Just so I could pick someone, I went with the Storm by a hair.

So I was therefore surprised this morning to see 7 of the 8 local sportswriters (Waynesboro paper) going with the Indians to win this one. Anyone have any thoughts as to why that would be almost unanimous? They appear to be evenly-matched to me and Fort will be the visiting team, so why are these writers so sure?

Could it be that they are worried about the 77-0 Lord Botetourt debacle from last week? I could buy that but the Storm DID beat a good TA team on the road before that. I am just surprised because I would have expected a 4-4 split or maybe 5-3 one way or the other.

What do you locals see as the main factors in that one?

I haven't seen the Indians in person but the YAC guys are high on the fact Fort just appears to tackle better. Staunton has been guilty of just sticking their arms out in the past so I have believe they have seen both and truly believe Fort is the better team. I am sure Staunton will have more athletes on the field but will they be able to make plays? I wouldn't be surprised with the outcome either way to be honest but you asked why so many would lean that heavily to the side of Fort. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

I haven't seen the Indians in person but the YAC guys are high on the fact Fort just appears to tackle better. Staunton has been guilty of just sticking their arms out in the past so I have believe they have seen both and truly believe Fort is the better team. I am sure Staunton will have more athletes on the field but will they be able to make plays? I wouldn't be surprised with the outcome either way to be honest but you asked why so many would lean that heavily to the side of Fort. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

This is a great topic.. I think Staunton has a really good shot. People think a lot about the LB beat down but let’s see how a lot of teams would stack up against them. Maybe not by 77 but still LB would beat a lot of teams around here.The game I look at more is the TA game. The Stormers beat a good TA team. I am optimistic the Storm will be blowing in Staunton tomorrow!

If Not, I’ll be at Applebee’s after the game. Wonton Tacos!!

No doubt LB would house most teams in the area. I couldn’t tell you a lot about Fort or Staunton. The one thing I do know is that Fort is playing in the same system and with a good many players from last years turnaround team. Staunton is still getting a handle on who they will be under coach Phillips so a little less stability there. If I was a gambling man I would bet on Fort but wouldn’t bet big because it could go either way.

Earlier this week, when I did my usual preview of this week's Shenandoah District games, I mentioned this one as being the most likely game to be competitive and maybe even down to the wire. Just so I could pick someone, I went with the Storm by a hair.

So I was therefore surprised this morning to see 7 of the 8 local sportswriters (Waynesboro paper) going with the Indians to win this one. Anyone have any thoughts as to why that would be almost unanimous? They appear to be evenly-matched to me and Fort will be the visiting team, so why are these writers so sure?

Could it be that they are worried about the 77-0 Lord Botetourt debacle from last week? I could buy that but the Storm DID beat a good TA team on the road before that. I am just surprised because I would have expected a 4-4 split or maybe 5-3 one way or the other.

What do you locals see as the main factors in that one?

Staunton has lost 2 in a row, Central and LB.

I picked Staunton to win. But that has more to do with not buying into Fort. They have played 1 team with more than 1 win (Rockbridge). 2 winless teams (Waynesboro and Broadway) and 2 one win teams (win over Stonewall and loss to Liberty).

Really Barnstormer........you shouldn't talk about your personal eating habits on here!!! Next thing you know someone will be bragging about having made yet another stop at a Roy Rogers this week!!! (It was Winchester this time but who's counting?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT