ADVERTISEMENT

From Max Preps

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Warhill graduated 20 of 22 starting positions . No where near this rating.

Warhill graduated 20 of 22 starting positions . No where near this rating.
Hey old friend, I hope you have been well.

I agree, that maybe not just Warhill’s ranking is drastically misplaced. When I posted this, I knew it would bring a lot of rightfully deserved criticism. The thing you have to remember is that these rankings are just an amalgam created by an algorithm. And they probably put too much weight on “last season’s” results. We all know that graduation can take you from the penthouse to the outhouse faster than an express elevator.

But heck, we have been in the football doldrums for so long, we all need to start talking about the game, and get back in to top “fan” shape.

No I had to work unfortunately. I’m hoping I can make it next eeek though
Next week is a haul. About 2 1/2 hours “if” traffic cooperates. But, I’m anxious to see Battlefield. Most knowledgable sources say they are one of the best teams in the state. It will be good for our guys to go up against such stiff completion for two weeks in a row.

I’ll look for you. I hope you can make it.

I’ve been told that not only will Powhatan be very good in football, they should compete with Varina in basketball for the region. This year’s Powhatan group is extremely special.

I’ve been told that not only will Powhatan be very good in football, they should compete with Varina in basketball for the region. This year’s Powhatan group is extremely special.
I need to see that last part because Carter and Wyche are going to be a problem on that court!!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hey old friend, I hope you have been well.

I agree, that maybe not just Warhill’s ranking is drastically misplaced. When I posted this, I knew it would bring a lot of rightfully deserved criticism. The thing you have to remember is that these rankings are just an amalgam created by an algorithm. And they probably put too much weight on “last season’s” results. We all know that graduation can take you from the penthouse to the outhouse faster than an express elevator.

But heck, we have been in the football doldrums for so long, we all need to start talking about the game, and get back in to top “fan” shape.
Hello again this season!!
Saw Lafayette’s first scrimmage last night against Woodside. Let me just say there’s plenty of room for improvement. Next scrimmage is next week is Courtland.

I need to see that last part because Carter and Wyche are going to be a problem on that court!!
D1 is my boy. Needs to develop a jump shot and get more comfortable handling the ball. He’s an exceptional athlete. His ticket is football. If he stays focused he’ll be playing on Sundays. Him and Dalton will be neck and neck for player of the year. Wyche is gonna be better than his brother. That’s how special he is. Varina’s best player is Brian Mitchell. 6’6 rising sophomore. He may be end up being a top 25, 5 star kid when it’s all said and done. IMO, he was the biggest reason they made states this past year and he was only a freshman.

Reactions: General172011
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT