ADVERTISEMENT

Fuqua Football & VCC / VISAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2012
If Fuqua is possibly playing this year with players who are having their eligibility questioned by other schools in the VCC as mentioned in other posts, has anyone thought about bringing the matter up to the VISAA?? There are clear rules listed by the VISAA when it comes to player's eligibility when reclassifying. There seems to be an issue between Fuqua and the VCC, and I know it says in the VISAA rules that if a player is ruled ineligible by the school's conference, he is also considered ineligible by the VISAA. After reading all the arguments brought forth in previous posts, it definitely sounds like some shady business going on in Farmville!

Can anyone on this board read? Good Lord, how long does this dead horse need to be beaten?
Supposedly Fuqua got permission from the VISAA and then relunctently from the VCC.
There was a meeting before the season about it and the kids are playing. That tells us the VCC gave the go ahead.
I wish everyone would read previous posts. Why in the world would the VCC investigate this? They obviously chose to basically kick Fuqua out and rename the conference because of it. And don't be surprised if we don't have any all conf selections from Fuqua.

There's nothing anybody can do now but shut up a play ball.
Whining and complaining about it this far into the season after a good game is teaching our kids to be sore losers and make excuses.
2 players don't make a team. 11 do.

My question is: why do you keep making a new handle for every post on the topic? Why are you hiding from your normal handle?

Secondly, if the VCC and other schools in the conference have issue with what they did, that means Fuqua probably did something extremely questionable. I think it's pretty clear that Fuqua got away with something they shouldn't have done, and I think it will backfire on them...

You people are something else.

Give us an example of reasonable action to be taken, other than grown men pi$$ing and moaning. Go ahead. Share with the rest of us. I'll wait.

Now I will admit that I know little to nothing about D3 and D4 football but if Fuqua got VISAA to sign off on the two players, they are in the clear. If other schools feel so strongly maybe they should consider either voting them out of the VCC or simply not scheduling them in the future.

D1-D4 there are no differences when it comes to guidelines set forth by the VISAA. All have to follow the same rules. As far as the VISAA signing off on the two players, who knows at this point, but all signs point to one player specifically being listed as a senior by the school and the conference for the 2013/2014 school year. There is even an internet article stating where he planned on attending college in the fall of 2014, and what courses he planned on studying. Maybe it should be reopened by the VISAA and looked at a little more closely. The rule states once a student has attended class as a senior, which one player is listed and called a senior for the 2013/2014 year, that year is his last year of eligibility. Kind of funny how their best player (1st team all-state) off of last years team went back to public school, and now they have decided to keep the 2nd and 3rd best for another year. Definately an interesting story

If they have enough credits to graduate, shouldn't they be allowed to? Just because they sign on the line to reclass doesn't mean they sold themselves to the school. And I think you're over thinking the whole college thing. Nowadays 8th graders "commit" to Alabama. What's the difference? Athletics vs non athletics? Or a few old guys getting upset a couple KIDS realized they weren't physically, mentally, or emotionally ready to go out on their own?

Take a chill pill brother. Grab a beer and relax. Just because IWA lost doesn't mean BSH, Broadwater, or Roanoke Catholic will. It was a 1 pt game. Fuqua isn't invincible this year. If Fuqua and IWA meet again in the playoffs, talk about a great game.

What's done is done. Obama is still president and Fuqua brought back it's two best players. Cest la vie amigo.

Originally posted by BroddyD:
If other schools feel so strongly maybe they should consider either voting them out of the VCC or simply not scheduling them in the future.
Well, it sounds like that possibly might happen . . .

Originally posted by SmallTimer:
Take a chill pill brother. Grab a beer and relax. Just because IWA lost doesn't mean BSH, Broadwater, or Roanoke Catholic will. It was a 1 pt game. Fuqua isn't invincible this year. If Fuqua and IWA meet again in the playoffs, talk about a great game.
If this kids are playing as seniors twice, then it clearly is cheating. That harms every team you play against for the entire season. The, "Aww shucks, so what?" crap doesn't fly. It means a whole hell of a lot to the kids that are competing against them and doing it within the rules.

~

This post was edited on 9/30 12:34 PM by VirginiaWildcat

May want to check what has happened recently with Fuqua and the VCC. From what I have heard, The Virginia Commonwealth Conference is done, and it will now be called the Virginia Continental Conference after the fall season, without Fuqua.

In a previous post it was stated the boys reclassified in August before school. Just take a look at their twitter accounts on November 15 2013 one of them tweeted " that was a hell of a game…..Tough loss but couldn't ask for a better senior[/B] year. Love my Fuqua Family! " That doesn't sound like someone who had reclassified. Around May is when they start tweeting about reclassifying. The rules should apply to everyone.

Originally posted by football804434:

In a previous post it was stated the boys reclassified in August before school. Just take a look at their twitter accounts on November 15 2013 one of them tweeted " that was a hell of a game…..Tough loss but couldn't ask for a better senior year. Love my Fuqua Family! "
Very interesting . . .

Section 4 - Conference Requirement.
Any student or school team ruled ineligible by a VISAA recognized conference is considered ineligible for VISAA Events.

Section 5 - Senior Status Requirement
. Attending academic classes while classified as a senior at any school marks the student's last year of eligibility for VISAA Events. A student who has been classified as a senior at any school, who then transfers to another school, is eligible for VISAA Events during that transfer year only. The student may not gain additional eligibility thereafter. Post-graduates are ineligible for VISAA Events.

Straight from the VISAA guidelines. A student cannot realize during their senior year that they are not physically, mentally, or emotionally ready to go out on their own. Once you attend the first class as a senior, you no longer have the choice to come back to play another year of athletics and gain physical, mental, and emotional readiness to take on the world.

Call it what you want in Farmville, but its called cheating everywhere else,

For those that have something negative to say about two kids in high school. I hope you are quick to post an apology when the DOCUMENTATION is available to the public. The facts are the rules for the reclassification of these young men were followed. And It's clear to those involved what the real motives were behind challenging the process. If they were factually ineligible, the VCC would not have allowed them to participate in athletics. These young men chose not to expose those attempting to do wrong by them, but as the adult I will not continue to allow these young men character to be questioned. The TRUTH will be exposed! We gave plenty of time to allow the damaging to cease. Let's see how far this message gets spread.

Another first time poster. lol

The fact is, there is real evidence that strongly hints that those boys were seniors last year (in fact, THEY definitely believed they were seniors last year). Suddenly, they're seniors again. That is a clear violation. Unless you have some evidence of your own to back your position (that they were reclassified before last season), please show it . . . because at the moment, everything points to the fact that they actually weren't reclassified until much, much later (ie around May of this year).

BTW, nobody is attack these boys or accusing them. We are accusing the school of manipulating these boys for their own personal athletic gain.
This post was edited on 10/1 2:51 PM by VirginiaWildcat

Yes the Virginia Commonwealth Conference did vote to allow the boys to play. But has anyone ask the question why. Maybe it was because there was legal representation there to tell everyone what would happen if the boys weren't allowed to play, maybe everyone felt bullied. If the Virginia Commonwealth Conference supported the decision then why did every team in the conference leave and start the Virginia Colonial Conference. I think there is documentation that will show that the intention was to reclassify before school started but something changed during the school year. Maybe it was an oversight on the schools part to keep listing them as seniors I don't know. This forum has not been an attack on the boys. I think they both are fine young men very respectful and polite and the credit needs to go to their family and Fuqua School .This mess is not just effecting them what about the 200 plus other football players that have to play Fuqua . What about the other student athletes at their school who are now trying to find teams to play. Maybe if the VISAA would have made a ruling on this we wouldn't be where we are today.

This was taken from the Farmville Herald

According to the released letter, "As a result of a thorough investigation, the Board of Fuqua School accepts full accountability for this matter...We hope to work closely with the VCC to address their concerns and to find a mutually agreeable resolution to this situation."

Maybe the truth does need to come out so maybe we can get back to where we were before all of this .The only one who can give us the truth is Fuqua.
This post was edited on 10/2 10:25 AM by football804434

Maybe someone should foward this to VISAA to get it cleared up

Maybe Dick Kemper or someone at the VISAA can give more info. If they are legit, then end of story. If not, and they are ineligible then step up and make a ruling. This can all be put to rest if the VISAA comes out with the circumstances and their ruling. Maybe this forum should be presented by e-mail to Mr Kemper. We can argue all day and night about the school being shady and allowing kids to reclassify after they were already seniors, and never get the real answers. Obviously Fuqua doesnt want to talk about it without getting a lawyer involved, and the Fuqua supporters on here are going to support their school and team, so we are never going to know the truth until the VISAA gets involved.

Re: Maybe someone should foward this to VISAA to get it cleared up

Originally posted by d4footballfan:

Maybe Dick Kemper or someone at the VISAA can give more info. If they are legit, then end of story. If not, and they are ineligible then step up and make a ruling. This can all be put to rest if the VISAA comes out with the circumstances and their ruling. Maybe this forum should be presented by e-mail to Mr Kemper. We can argue all day and night about the school being shady and allowing kids to reclassify after they were already seniors, and never get the real answers. Obviously Fuqua doesnt want to talk about it without getting a lawyer involved, and the Fuqua supporters on here are going to support their school and team, so we are never going to know the truth until the VISAA gets involved.
And in the meantime, all the schools they play against suffer the consequences . . .

I am locking this thread. Any perceived eligibility violations should be handled by the VISAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT