ADVERTISEMENT

GALAX @ FORT CHISWELL

Totally agree, today was an example of that. Congrats again to Fort on the win and we all know Dixon will utilize this to shape that team into the juggernaut we all know they are. Wish I didn't have something come up this morning, cause I was headed there and had to turn around.
Yes Dixon will have them primed and ready to kill now. Alot of people say I'm crazy when I say I want GW to get beat once in the regular season. But it shows the kids they can be beat and usually only makes them better. That will be no different for Galax.

Reactions: obguthr
We ran the ball on them today. A pick6 got it all started. We didn't throw the ball that much today. Great game plan to say the least. The Fort defense came to play as well.

We ran the ball on them today. A pick6 got it all started. We didn't throw the ball that much today. Great game plan to say the least. The Fort defense came to play as well.
This win will really boost fc's confidence and will probably lead to more wins.

Galax defense gave up more today than they have all year. Graham will score 60 next week unless the Galax D plays like they did at George Wythe.

Fort had 69 yards passing 220 some rushing galax had 40 some passing 300 and some rushing 89 came on one play fort ran on galax which surprised me

On fort o-line, none of the lineman that started today, played in that position last year. 2 missed season because of injuries and one transferred back to fort. Other 2 at different spots. They are getting better.

I am not sure which Scores this weekend shocked me the most: Hurley's 56-6 win over
Unbeaten 2A Grundy or today's Fort Chiswell's 31-20 win over Unbeaten, Defending State
A1 Champion Galax.
Got to go with FC'S win. There is something I read last week that shocked me, and bothered
Me to a certain degree. It was about the Galax/RR game, and a Coach was quoted saying
That he did not Coach the players in the third period, thus letting them call the plays them
Selves. The coach went on to say the players did not make a first down during that time
Span, and seemed to relish in the happenings of his squads poor play.
Well, to make a long story short, this action by the coach set me back. In nearly 50 years of
Being around high school coaching, I have never heard of anything happening of this nature.
The responsibility of the coach is to coach....to teach....to instruct.....to enable....and to make
Sure our youth is guided safety on the field of play by adults with safety foremost on their
Minds.
What if a player had been injured during that time span when the coach refused to coach the
Kids. WOW. I would not want to be in his shoes, and thank God no injuries occured.
I bring up this matter to simply hope that nothing of this nature does not ever occur again. We
Have too many kids that suffer injuries such as concussions and broken limps with good
Instructors. We do not need coaches to turn over the squad on the field to young adolescents,
Just to prove a point or for whatever reason it was done.

I don't think Hurley vs Grundy was that shocking. Both teams haven't played anyone worth talking about. And Hurley has way more talent. I had it 42pts in the pickem because I thought it would be 42-0 Hurley. Not saying the win isn't a good one just not a surprise.

I am not sure which Scores this weekend shocked me the most: Hurley's 56-6 win over
Unbeaten 2A Grundy or today's Fort Chiswell's 31-20 win over Unbeaten, Defending State
A1 Champion Galax.
Got to go with FC'S win. There is something I read last week that shocked me, and bothered
Me to a certain degree. It was about the Galax/RR game, and a Coach was quoted saying
That he did not Coach the players in the third period, thus letting them call the plays them
Selves. The coach went on to say the players did not make a first down during that time
Span, and seemed to relish in the happenings of his squads poor play.
Well, to make a long story short, this action by the coach set me back. In nearly 50 years of
Being around high school coaching, I have never heard of anything happening of this nature.
The responsibility of the coach is to coach....to teach....to instruct.....to enable....and to make
Sure our youth is guided safety on the field of play by adults with safety foremost on their
Minds.
What if a player had been injured during that time span when the coach refused to coach the
Kids. WOW. I would not want to be in his shoes, and thank God no injuries occured.
I bring up this matter to simply hope that nothing of this nature does not ever occur again. We
Have too many kids that suffer injuries such as concussions and broken limps with good
Instructors. We do not need coaches to turn over the squad on the field to young adolescents,
Just to prove a point or for whatever reason it was done.
Just curious where you seen this quote, would like to read the article

PM doesnt have the SOS to go too much further up even if they win out.. unless the higher ranked teams start losing. We're going to have four teams on our schedule go 0-10 this year unfortunately.

That just it, I can not remember where I read it. It may have been in the Roanoke Times.
But I am pretty sure it was related to the RR/Galax game.

Blaster, In the pickems, I picked Chilhowie of course. But like I have said many times
On this board, Chilhowie NEVER plays well against RR. For the past 15 years, RR has
Had the Warriors number. Prior to that Chilhowie had beat RR for something like 30
Years in a row.
Now this year, Chilhowie is still rebuilding, but they are skilled and have descent size,
And about 12 good seniors. Chilhowie has the ability to win 7-8 games. The RR game
Will determine if Chilhowie has improved more than most people give them credit for
After 2 years of being at the very bottom of the barrel. This game is a toss up.

Fair assessment as always Chilwar. And that #69 or 59 you guys have is a headhunter lol. He plays LB on D that kids gets after it.

Blaster, number 59 is Johnson, number 60 is Cale. Both are solid ball players. Johnson is
About 6'1 250 lb, Cale is about 6'1 285 tackle. Both can play, and are senior leaders. We
Have decent size in the line. Our backs are small, but our QB is 6'3 230. We don't have the
300 lbs guys......used to, but these smaller kids are quicker, and we don't have that horse
In the back field like old Chilhowie teams.

The Warriors are tough this year and will be a force next year. A whole year of experience for that young team will build a monster.

Do you two need a little alone time? One minute you say that GW rolls everyone else and the next you are saying how tough Chilhowie is.

I'll definitely stick to my own words GW will beat Chilhowie this year. Chilwar knows I say what I believe and nothing else. Am I supposed to be scared to voice my opinion? You know everyone and there brother picked Galax today. But they didn't win so if Chilhowie or anyone else beats GW this year so be it. It's ok to be wrong I've been wrong before and will again. That's life buddy.

How about saying that Fort Chiswell played a great game? Did anyone ever think that they were outplayed by the kids and out coached?

Thanks for the clarification on that. And right now most of the teams GW plays are decent teams. With the exceptions being Nw, Holston, Hon and Rad. 6 out of 10 isn't bad lol. With us beating fc and them winning today that should help. And Chilhowie and PH looking pretty good at this point. 80% of Hurleys schedule are really sub par teams at best. But only the season will tell.
You seem to have a deep hatred for Hurley, don't know why. Sure would be nice to see George Wythe and you at the Cliff. I can't wait.

No high horse here just thought since you're so worried by what I say that it was for me. And his question is very valid stands to reason that a football game had some to's and penalties. I take it your a fc fan? If so I see why you're so SALTY. 40-13 stings GO MAROONS!!!

You seem to have a deep hatred for Hurley, don't know why. Sure would be nice to see George Wythe and you at the Cliff. I can't wait.
Nope no hate at all I can't hate a team who hasn't been on anyone's radar. You just don't and won't have a single win worth talking about. I'm not the only one saying it. And I know I can't wait to watch my MAROONS send them home. If the Cliff awaits trust me GW will be more than ready to stop your 1 threat. Either if that game happens be it in Hurley or GW you won't be happy with the results. And if by some miracle you do beat GW you can't beat Galax, RH, Sussex, Essex ect ect ect. Cupcakes make you fat competition makes you strong.

It's all facts man as I said before I don't care if we are 1 or 16 you have to win em all come playoff time. Home or away the Cliff doesn't worry me in the slightest.

How many turnovers did Galax have ? Or penalties?
galax had 2 interceptions the pick 6 and one to seal the game late in the 4th with 1:09 left and 2 fumbles lost Fort had 1 fumble lost on first series penalties were 40 some yds for fc to 60 some for galax

galax had 2 interceptions the pick 6 and one to seal the game late in the 4th with 1:09 left and 2 fumbles lost Fort had 1 fumble lost on first series penalties were 40 some yds for fc to 60 some for galax
Thanks pioneer stats for the info because I had to work and couldn't make it to the game..

Sounds like the kids at Fort played a great game by these game stat's.Glad to see it !

We would love to host ! Gas prices are going up ! Hope they get better before playoffs or we will be on the road .

Narrows has been over looked in a lot these threads. They should be undefeated, if it weren't for a close lose to Giles. Fort will have their hands full with this bunch on Friday.

What is Forts deal are they big and run or are they a passing team a little of both?.....just wondering how they are gonna match up.......but after the big upset I'm sure they are as confident as anyone and I'm figuring narrows will have there hands full

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT