ADVERTISEMENT

GALAX @ FORT CHISWELL

That's what happens when you think you can just show up and win.. .pitiful display today

Wow is an understatement. Fort got completely destroyed by Parry McCluer a few weeks ago, then comes out and handles a very very good Galax team. I have got to have a run down of how this game went. Somebody share a link to the local papers or something. Congrats to Fort, as Blaster said, any given.....

Home field for the East and West has yet to be decided contrary to what some may think but Hurley may be inviting plenty of teams to the Cliff this post season. If they win out will they garner enough points to pull out the #1 seed? Could make things interesting for sure. Wow, just wow.

If Galax plays like they did today you don't have to worry about them winning out.

If GW wins out now that Galax has a loss we should be #1. Sos will come into play in seeding. If GW, Galax and PH are 9-1 they should all out point Hurley. Galax has a good shot at winning out but Graham is no easy task.

Galax plays tougher schedule than GW, if they both win out Galax should out point GW I think. I don't see Galax winning out anyway!

I agree it is a tougher schedule and they could out point t us. But fc winning today will really help GW. We are getting lucky having Chilhowie and PH play really well this year. It will be very interesting to see how things play out. The Graham game just got alot more important for the Tide.

If Sos has any bearing on seeding the top 4 in the west currently have...
GW-50.9
Galax-48.7
PH-14
Hurley-8.6
According to VHSL. And I might be wrong but doesn't in district wins and losses have more of an effect on points rather than out of district?

Galax still has two 2a teams left on their schedule, but like I said I don't think Galax will win out anyway so it probably won't matter

As far as running through Greenville, Craig and bath aren't going to give you many rider points

What are the totals right now for points and how many rider points will they gain? GW only having one 2A means the most they get for a win is 16 plus 2 for every win that team has. PH and Chillhowie with wins helps as does every team that GW wins against. SOS means nothing in the calculations. A 1 A team winning against a 2A teams get you 18 plus the riders, 3A gets you 20 plus the riders and it increases by two for every division. I still don't have a great grasp of the points but I know it's basically an average of the number of points per game. If you play mediocre 1A teams that don't gain tons of points for you off of wins, you will end up in the 20-22 range. There is a weekly breakdown on VHSL that has the teams previous opponents and the points gained from each on it. I am not trying t be a smart ass as I am sure most of you already know this but there are some that do not and just drop in on these forums to read.

Reactions: Chilwar25
Gk, you're getting riverheads confused with PM...

GKKING, not sure what schedule you are looking at but Riverheads doesn't play Craig or Bath this year. We play 3-1A, 6-2A, and 1-3A. Our out of district was RE Lee, Covington, and Waynesboro, a 1,2, and a 3. To a certain degree you can't control who is in your district to play but our district is heavily 2A.

Let me clarify the earlier post I had about points. In my mind it is always a race to 240 total points which gives you a 24 rating over the 10 game season. How ever you get to that number, that is generally the number needed for a 1 or 2 seed. There are no qualifiers or SOS that play into this. It's about how many points you gain from the teams you play, with bonus(rider) points based on how many teams they have defeated. IF you lose, you get 12 less points and only receive 1 point per their win. As an example, for the Galax game GW got 4 points in the loss with 1 point for each of Galax's wins for 5 as of last week. Total of 9 points with the aggregate total if Galax wins out to only be 13 for that game.

All that said, I believe Hurley will be the number one unless Galax wins out, Hurley loses, and or the teams GW beat carry a ton of riders for them.

Thanks for the clarification on that. And right now most of the teams GW plays are decent teams. With the exceptions being Nw, Holston, Hon and Rad. 6 out of 10 isn't bad lol. With us beating fc and them winning today that should help. And Chilhowie and PH looking pretty good at this point. 80% of Hurleys schedule are really sub par teams at best. But only the season will tell.

But all I care about is making the playoffs be 1 seed or 16. You gotta beat your opponent either way home or away. This season is shaping up as a fun one.

Totally agree, today was an example of that. Congrats again to Fort on the win and we all know Dixon will utilize this to shape that team into the juggernaut we all know they are. Wish I didn't have something come up this morning, cause I was headed there and had to turn around.

Some people say, Galax didn't play that well today. I say FC played one heck of a game today. With the 100 fans that attended the game standing on their feet, them Boys from The Fort put on a show of why it takes heart to play this game. I said they didn't have a chance of winning this game but you know what? It only matters what the kids between the lines think. Heck of a job FORT.

Galax didn't play well today but no one said Fort didn't play a hell of a game because they did in my opinion.

Someone please tell me how Fort scored this many points. Traditionally I have not seen teams consistently run against Galaxs front. Does Fort have a good passing attack?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT