ADVERTISEMENT

Galax @ PH Glade Spring

PH did not have a bad showing today at all. Within a TD at one point after halftime, only down 15 going into the 4th, just didn't have the horses. Galax is a very good team, be interesting to see how they stack up next week.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
That fumbled punt changed the game in a big way. At that point early In the second half momentum was definitely in PH’s favor. Both teams made some critical mistakes throughout this one. Gonna have to be near flawless next week. Hope the injured player is ok. Just glad to hear it wasn’t his neck.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if PH didn't fumble the punt return after holding Galax and only down by 8.

Agreed. PH had all the momentum, just got a stop, was getting the ball then fumbled it right back and Galax converted the opportunity. I think we can safely say PH wasn't some bum team.

Galax had 432 yards of total offense to PH 187, I think Galax had 3 turnovers and PH had 2 . Galax also had 26 first downs to PH 6. The game was closer than these stats would lead you to believe. Like I said earlier PH has a real good team

Neither team played their best game today but I’m sure when it was all over with, both teams probably had a little more respect for the other. So no PH wasn’t just some”bum” team. The better team won today. Gotta give it to galax and their running game. It seemed like every time the qb tried to drop back he was being chased. Both qb’s impressed me today. Couple of gun slingers for sure.
I just hope those that said earlier in week that PH didn’t deserve to be there were in attendance to see for themselves how wrong they were

Good for him. I am sure he would have like a different t outcome but he was a part of getting them to a place they hadn’t been before so kudos to the PHGS players and coaching staff. Build on this and come back stronger and hungry next year.

Reactions: Optimal62
I for one am glad it played out like it did today. Galax has been used to running a couple of plays and scoring off of a big play. I thought it was a good test for them to have to drive it down the field to score without huge gains in pass and runs.

With that being said, the biggest thing that changed how the game played out is that Galax left two touchdowns off the board in the first half. Twice during the first half Galax had first down at 5 yard line and should of pounded the ball in and didn't.
Chose to pass the ball both times on second and made mistakes and PH made a good play as well . Ended up coming away with nothing
If Galax would have scored those two times it would of been 35-8 going Into half and a completely different ballgame. PH could not move the ball at all at that point and had scored only on a trick play. Instead it was a ball game until toward the end of the 3rd.

Way too many mistakes today by Galax especially in the blocking schemes. I have not seen Galax miss that many blocks all year put together. Game should have been over at the half.

But it was a very impressive performance by the defense to hold PH rushing attack to only 34 yards for the game. That is a huge accomplishment.

I give PH alot of credit they fought hard and came out second half and did not give up when alot of teams would have. I will also say that Galax got out schemed today in many phases of the Game on the offensive side of the ball. Credit to Palmer and group.

Last edited:
I for one am glad it played out like it did today. Galax has been used to running a couple of plays and scoring off of a big play. I thought it was a good test for them to have to drive it down the field to score without huge gains in pass and runs.

With that being said, the biggest thing that changed how the game played out is that Galax left two touchdowns off the board in the first half. Twice during the first half Galax had first down at 5 yard line and should of pounded the ball in and didn't.
Chose to pass the ball both times on second and made mistakes and PH made a good play as well . Ended up coming away with nothing
If Galax would have scored those two times it would of been 35-8 going Into half and a completely different ballgame. PH could not move the ball at all at that point and had scored only on a trick play. Instead it was a ball game until toward the end of the 3rd.

Way too many mistakes today by Galax especially in the blocking schemes. I have not seen Galax miss that many blocks all year put together. Game should have been over at the half.

But it was a very impressive performance by the defense to hold PH rushing attack to only 34 yards for the game. That is a huge accomplishment.

I give PH alot of credit they fought hard and came out second half and did not give up when alot of teams would have. I will also say that Galax got out coached today in many phases of the Game on the offensive side of the ball. Credit to Palmer and group.
PH is very well coached and had a great game plan but I don't know if I agree with Galax being out coached in many phases of the game. We still put up 41 points and probably should've been 55 if not for mistakes being made and held a very good rushing team to 34 yards.

PH is very well coached and had a great game plan but I don't know if I agree with Galax being out coached in many phases of the game. We still put up 41 points and probably should've been 55 if not for mistakes being made and held a very good rushing team to 34 yards.

Don't get me wrong not bashing our coaches by any means, way smarter than I'll ever be.
And after looking at the film I have to retract what I said mostly.

On defense we had a great game plan and I thought the kids executed it flawlessly. I agree when you look at the film they only had a few big plays that got most of their yardage. Holding them to 34 yards was an outstanding job.

My statement should of said we got out schemed on offense. Their scheme greatly caused our blocking at the line They was flowing extremely hard to play side completely selling out on the run. A couple of counters or misdirection would of helped.

Although after looking at the film, It was more our execution of blocking that caused our issues. Their scheme got them into position but the players have to win the battle. Galax just absolutely whiffed at blocking. It was really bad at times and credit PH as they battled at the line. You have to give it to the backs as they had earn every yard they got yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT FAN 91
Looked to me like Galax was owning the LOS on both sides, but especially on offense. PH d lineman stood up and were blown off the ball repeatedly

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Looked to me like Galax was owning the LOS on both sides, but especially on offense. PH d lineman stood up and were blown off the ball repeatedly

I was surprised at how much PH sent their blitzing backers, big gamble but caused alot of chaos.

Last edited:
One thing I wanted to say was from what I seen PH had outstanding Sportsmanship all day Saturday and was not chippy at all. Very respectful, as both teams was helping each other up after the plays. Love to see that.

Reactions: WP02alum
One thing I wanted to say was from what I seen PH had outstanding Sportsmanship all day Saturday and was not chippy at all. Very respectful, as both teams was helping each other up after the plays. Love to see that.

It's nice if you're helping someone up after you put them on their rear.

Reactions: Skippy82

Mark Palmer has done a great job at PH. Hes a great guy and has really laid solid foundation there based on accountability

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT