ADVERTISEMENT

Galax vs Holston

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
I think many in the East not familiar with Holston, and knowing Galax's history of playing for state championships/winning the west, they might assume this is a slam dunk for Galax. Holston is 13-0 and Calpreps has it at 21-14 in favor of Galax. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing comes down to the wire.

Watched a good bit of the Holston game last night and about the same for Galax today. I agree it may be closer than some people expect. I am hopeful that the Gladiators make it so I can see one of these teams in Salem.

Reactions: Bama1985
The Galax and Holston game in the spring was just 14-6 in the 4th quarter, before Galax pulled away to win 27-6. This Galax team, in my opinion, isn't as good as the Galax team in the spring, while I really like the Holston defense. Galax may indeed win in a blowout, but I don't think it's a guaranteed Galax victory, like most are saying. If Holston is playing in the state championship in 2 weeks, I would not be surprised

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Watched a good bit of the Holston game last night and about the same for Galax today. I agree it may be closer than some people expect. I am hopeful that the Gladiators make it so I can see one of these teams in Salem.
Galax needs to clean up the mistakes on offense because they will be facing a very good defense, I think Galax will be the most physical team Holston has seen this year and the best defense they have seen.

Reactions: Optimal62
Galax needs to clean up the mistakes on offense because they will be facing a very good defense, I think Galax will be the most physical team Holston has seen this year and the best defense they have seen.
Agree

Holston does have a great defense and will be a challenge especially if the offense plays like they did today . But no one talks about Galax Defense which is pretty dang good itself. They held PM’s big back who was averaging 150 yards a game to just 18 yards. They held PM to a total of 88 yds.

Galax’s line absolutely owned both sides of the line of scrimmage today against a way bigger PM line and outgained them 3 to 1

Now the offense will have to show up next week because they did not today.

Holston announcers said last night on nfhs it was on Saturday. That was a couple of minutes after they stated they would be in Salem playing for state championship

Holston announcers said last night on nfhs it was on Saturday. That was a couple of minutes after they stated they would be in Salem playing for state championship
Go ahead and measure for Rings !

The Galax and Holston game in the spring was just 14-6 in the 4th quarter, before Galax pulled away to win 27-6. This Galax team, in my opinion, isn't as good as the Galax team in the spring, while I really like the Holston defense. Galax may indeed win in a blowout, but I don't think it's a guaranteed Galax victory, like most are saying. If Holston is playing in the state championship in 2 weeks, I would not be surprised
I see where people are coming from I do but what has history told us of Region D? They look like world beaters for 99.9% of the season. Then they take the step us and it doesn't work out most of the time. Yes Chilhowie made me eat crow when it comes to the semi's and make the title game. But they did as expected against Big Red and got mushed on no shame in that they made it to Salem only one other team that year could say that. But until proven otherwise imo D is a level down from the other 3 region's sometimes 2 levels. Holston will find out Galax isn't ES, RR, TS, Chilhowie or PH. That's just my opinion not trying to make anyone mad.

I do want to be clear I would absolutely love to see Holston win it all. Something new would be nice haha wouldn't be mad if Essex won it all. But I gotta call the King the King until his successor is names.

I heard that as well . Well at least the RH knows to go ahead and prepare for. I guess Galax should just go ahead and stay at home Saturday
The Holston team I watched is very good , IN THEIR REIGON . I can not see them making a lot of noise elsewhere . jmo

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I would love to see them play Graham or Appomattox at full strength.....I think they would have their hands full
That would be nice to see. But alas, we never will. Unless Graham drops, which I've heard rumblings of that happening in the next few years. Wave bye bye to 1A at that point.

Congrats on the win Saturday. It got to be a pretty helpless feeling pretty early on.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
That would be nice to see. But alas, we never will. Unless Graham drops, which I've heard rumblings of that happening in the next few years. Wave bye bye to 1A at that point.

Congrats on the win Saturday. It got to be a pretty helpless feeling pretty early on.
@mmqp 5.0 The kids from PM played their hearts out and have nothing to hang their heads about that’s for sure . They played extremely physical but I didn’t see them get chippy. Great run by PM and hell of a defense

Last edited:
Read on the other board Galax RB broke his arm and a lineman has a bad ankle. This could be a big deal come Saturday?

It says one of their running backs so is it the one that got 150 yards on Saturday or the one that got 27?

It says one of their running backs so is it the one that got 150 yards on Saturday or the one that got 27?
I'm sure some people from Holston would like to know as well... lol but I doubt their coaching staff is to worried about

Last edited:
graham would beat them! no doubt in my mind. big line alot of speed on outside
Idk man Graham is weak to the run game from time to time and makes mistakes at the wrong time. RH has been mistake free for the most part. Now when it comes to Bradshaw not many are going to contain him for a whole game.

Getting back to the subject of Holston and Galax, what’s the scoop on the injured RB for Galax and will that have an impact on this game? Watching footage on NFHS it looks like this may end up being a damn close game. IMO it’s hard to see speed like you can live but Holston has more than their share so it could be interesting IF they can get the edge on Galax. Galax has plenty of speed as well so I am in no way taking away from what they are capable of, just leaning towards a closer game than some might think. Another big IF is around the physicality of Galax facing what some on here have said is a less physical team in Holston. Who imposes their will on the other team? Galax has solid line play but they aren’t quite at the level they were the last few years in just being able to bludgeon people at any time they wanted. They are definitely strong but Holston may surprise them a little in that department too.
Either way can we discuss these two teams on this thread since they both have done exactly what they needed to and deserve discussion concerning them and their game? Not a mod and not the police but it’s disrespectful of the effort and work put in by these athletes and the coaching staff to side track every thread. Ok rant portion over......

Reactions: Bama1985
Getting back to the subject of Holston and Galax, what’s the scoop on the injured RB for Galax and will that have an impact on this game? Watching footage on NFHS it looks like this may end up being a damn close game. IMO it’s hard to see speed like you can live but Holston has more than their share so it could be interesting IF they can get the edge on Galax. Galax has plenty of speed as well so I am in no way taking away from what they are capable of, just leaning towards a closer game than some might think. Another big IF is around the physicality of Galax facing what some on here have said is a less physical team in Holston. Who imposes their will on the other team? Galax has solid line play but they aren’t quite at the level they were the last few years in just being able to bludgeon people at any time they wanted. They are definitely strong but Holston may surprise them a little in that department too.
Either way can we discuss these two teams on this thread since they both have done exactly what they needed to and deserve discussion concerning them and their game? Not a mod and not the police but it’s disrespectful of the effort and work put in by these athletes and the coaching staff to side track every thread. Ok rant portion over......
Same line as last year other than 1 player, they're as good on the line if not better this year than last years but that's just my opinion

Just my opinion but the offensive line wasn't an overly physical line last year, they did pass block great with out a doubt. Defensively the line play is always on point, pretty sure we can all agree on that one. Isn’t that the side of the ball the gentleman that’s the head coach now came from? Either way the Galax D is second to none year after year so that’s kinda always a given. I will have my phone charged so I can stream it while watching the other game live, can’t wait.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT