ADVERTISEMENT

George Wythe vs Narrows

The three you mentioned from GW are good players, I think the three from Galax more than held their own against their counter parts in that game.
GAME LEADERS
fb49aba8e23d45889e3986b7ce9a6111.png
Galax
Pass: #8 Cole Pickett: 8-18, 202 yds, 2 tds
Rush: #1 Denver Brown: 7 car, 166 yds, 3 tds
Rec: #5 Zach Johnson: 3 rec, 119 yds, 2 tds
cd53578bfe8b438ba984ac3925e88d37.png
George Wythe
Pass: #2 Cole Simmons: 15-26, 183 yds, 1 tds
Rush: #3 Rav-von Wells: 12 car, 27 yds, 1 tds
Rec: #19 Braydon Thompson: 5 rec, 111 yds, 0 tds
Wii m not at all saying the kids from Galax are bad they beat us so that would be a dumb argument to make. I'm simply sayimg imo the 3 main skills we have are better. Not trying to start anything I think Brown is a hell of a RB I would love to have him at GW still but he ismt so we move on. Secondly those of you who came to the GW vs Galax game. Did you happen to catch the 1 blitz Galax ran over and over and over? #33 off the left edge right behind the DE. The DE would cover the LT and 33 would have a clear path to the QB. This worked the entire game from the 2nd Q on no adjustments made at all. The reason I bring this up is its hard for kids to play to their full potential with a moron caoching them. GW spent almost 2 weeks practicing a double TE set to stop this exact blitz we didn't run it once. Thats why I say our 3 are better all 3 over 1000 with a fool at the helm he will call the same offensive play repeatedly even if its not working. He takes timeouts when there is no need to amd wont take them when they are needed. He doesnt understand that he is allowed to make adjustments to beat his opponents. Basically my point is this if Dixon is at GW we are doing ths same thing Galax is competing for and winning titles. If momo is at Galax idk that they would be an above .500 team consistently. Their is proof in that last statement just look at Galax pre Dixon. What did they just happen to have almot 9+ years of talent backlogged? No a real coach got to the kids and showed them this is what youre supposed to do. GW on the other hand is currently and has been since momo arrived won om Talent alone. Nothing ive said is meant to be disrespectful its the truth all of it can be proven. And one more thing if you didn't see GW vs Galax do yourself a favor go on YouTube and watch it the whole game is on there. Watch 33 blitz us 90% of the game and nothing is done.

Reactions: Dobb83
he couldnt win starting job and GW thats why he left

I would suggest, that's an issue with the coaching staff's lack of skill in evaluating talent!

GW has a weak DB that they will not replace! It’s sad to say but he needs to be benched but coaches refuse. If I was an opposing team I would attack him all game every play.

If your "weak DB's" are forced to make tackles 24 yards down field on a play where the RB took a hand-off 7 yards deep in the backfield, your getting blown off the line of scrimmage! Brown averaged 24 yards per carry and wasn't touched on most of his 7 carries until he was well into the secondary....if he was touched at all! Good luck selling the narrative that one weak defensive back was the reason GW got hammered at home!

2013 Galax 51 - GW 20 (Playoffs)
2015 GW 28 - Galax 27
2016 Galax 45 - GW 20
2017 Galax 50 - GW 13
2018 Galax 21 - GW 14
2018 Galax 42 - GW 14 (Playoffs)
2019 Galax 45 - GW 14

Seems like a pretty one-sided match-up in recent years for a Galax program that is supposed to have inferior talent!

Wii m not at all saying the kids from Galax are bad they beat us so that would be a dumb argument to make. I'm simply sayimg imo the 3 main skills we have are better. Not trying to start anything I think Brown is a hell of a RB I would love to have him at GW still but he ismt so we move on. Secondly those of you who came to the GW vs Galax game. Did you happen to catch the 1 blitz Galax ran over and over and over? #33 off the left edge right behind the DE. The DE would cover the LT and 33 would have a clear path to the QB. This worked the entire game from the 2nd Q on no adjustments made at all. The reason I bring this up is its hard for kids to play to their full potential with a moron caoching them. GW spent almost 2 weeks practicing a double TE set to stop this exact blitz we didn't run it once. Thats why I say our 3 are better all 3 over 1000 with a fool at the helm he will call the same offensive play repeatedly even if its not working. He takes timeouts when there is no need to amd wont take them when they are needed. He doesnt understand that he is allowed to make adjustments to beat his opponents. Basically my point is this if Dixon is at GW we are doing ths same thing Galax is competing for and winning titles. If momo is at Galax idk that they would be an above .500 team consistently. Their is proof in that last statement just look at Galax pre Dixon. What did they just happen to have almot 9+ years of talent backlogged? No a real coach got to the kids and showed them this is what youre supposed to do. GW on the other hand is currently and has been since momo arrived won om Talent alone. Nothing ive said is meant to be disrespectful its the truth all of it can be proven. And one more thing if you didn't see GW vs Galax do yourself a favor go on YouTube and watch it the whole game is on there. Watch 33 blitz us 90% of the game and nothing is done.

1. I didn't think you was trying to start anything, I was just stating I thought they outplayed GW 3 that game. Not to say that would happen every game.
2. I have watched in person GW play Auburn, Gate city, Galax and Grayson County. I think that the QB is a good athlete that loves to scramble and make plays. He was spot on at auburn with passing. He struggled a little to start the Grayson game but made a huge difference with his legs. As you can see in the Galax game he has speed- as Barnes was running him down from the backside but it wasn't easy and Barnes can scoot himself.

3. If both teams make it that far I feel it will be a closer game. As I don't think GW thought Galax was as good as they are and that would have the speed to match them.

Last edited:
I am mid way through the second quarter and I have seen Galax come out in multiple defensive fronts including just rushing 3 all the way to playing Man Zero and sending the house. #33 has not blitzed up to this point but about 5 times in the 20~ plays I watched. They did just show 6 at the line and GW never adjusted or picked up him as the outside rusher. Its schematically impossible to block 6 with 5. Another observation is that to this point in the game its 14-7 and the GW QB is way yonder to happy to move around in the pocket even without pressure. Plays are too far downfield and take too long to develop. He just missed a 8 yard out that was wide open because he was running to his right with no one around him. IMO, he likes the pocket too clean to be an elite level QB. Actual arm strength is very good, has great speed but accuracy is marginal in this little bit of video. I will continue to watch but I do not quite see it as described.

I will say that to this point its a ball game and for anyone that was extolling the 24 yard avg of Brown, he must have a good many breakaways late because to this point he has a couple of nice runs but nothing crazy long.

2nd and 15 then again 3rd and 15, Galax comes out and shows 6 are coming with GW in Shotgun and the back is up close to the line, he double teams the nose and #33 is running free off the edge. Pretty hard to make a living like that.

Ok, I see what the fans are saying. The coaches should not be allowing that same rush to get them over and over. They have come out spread the whole time and not adjusted to chip the guy or changes splits at all. The credit for exploiting that goes to the Galax staff for seeing it and taking advantage. If GW does make it past Narrows then that will have to be addressed when they meet again. Its too easy for the defense at this point, I am actually kind of surprised

Last edited:
We hear year in and year out that GW is the most talented team and its just not the case. They have above average talent for 1A football almost every year but they're not head and shoulders above everyone like it's made out to be. I'd put money on some teams from the east that have better talent almost every year. On average they are probably one of the more talented teams from the west year to year but not the most talented every year. I'll agree the coach doesn't make adjustments like he should but his record would say he does do some things right. I remember people from GW fussing about Ingo when he was there and was a dang good coach. They always have talent there I'm just saying maybe not to the level it's made out to be on a yearly basis.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
The fact that GW fans claim that they have the best talent year in and out is a simple scape goat tactic.

This argument leads to two main conclusions;

1). Since they supposedly have the best talent in the state (self proclaimed) there is absolutely zero accountability for the kids. This is a terrible thing to promote to young people. The pacifying attitude of "You guys would have easily won, if it had no been for the coach!".....what a mindset.

2). The second goes hand in hand with the first. Since we do have the best talent and it's obviously not the talent's fault and it has to be some outside factor (coach) then we should get rid of that factor and then we would be the best. What happens when you keep replacing that factor and you still don't win? Most logical people would then assess the team as a whole. It doesn't seem GW does that, it seems that they just keep blaming coaches (Ingo, Harner, etc..). Again, this terrible to show young people and doesn't really promote a team atmosphere. But, it does pacify the kids and the parents....which is a good thing.

GW has always had solid talent, but I can think of numerous times over the past 15 years that a western 1A school had more talent than GW.....again that is just the West, that isn't even counting the East where there is definitely a deeper talent pool.

I completely understand that the coach is not horrible but its pretty obvious in that game he either planned on them meeting again and wasn't going to show any adjustment or he is incapable of seeing what needs to be adjusted. I don't think the QB is great but is pretty good and I didn't get the see the back do anything due to the defense owning the line of scrimmage from the get go.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
We hear year in and year out that GW is the most talented team and its just not the case. They have above average talent for 1A football almost every year but they're not head and shoulders above everyone like it's made out to be. I'd put money on some teams from the east that have better talent almost every year. On average they are probably one of the more talented teams from the west year to year but not the most talented every year. I'll agree the coach doesn't make adjustments like he should but his record would say he does do some things right. I remember people from GW fussing about Ingo when he was there and was a dang good coach. They always have talent there I'm just saying maybe not to the level it's made out to be on a yearly basis.
I loved Ingo I'll say it essex has more talent that we do almost every year. I personally just know what we have because I have personal relationships when most of the parents and kids in some form or another. I'm in no way saying there arent team as talented or as deep. I'm simply saying give us Dixon since he has been at Galax and we have multiple titles.

I completely understand that the coach is not horrible but its pretty obvious in that game he either planned on them meeting again and wasn't going to show any adjustment or he is incapable of seeing what needs to be adjusted. I don't think the QB is great but is pretty good and I didn't get the see the back do anything due to the defense owning the line of scrimmage from the get go.
Trust me when I tell you he isnt smart enough to hold back. He just simply doesn't make adjustments ever what you see is what you get.

I loved Ingo I'll say it essex has more talent that we do almost every year. I personally just know what we have because I have personal relationships when most of the parents and kids in some form or another. I'm in no way saying there arent team as talented or as deep. I'm simply saying give us Dixon since he has been at Galax and we have multiple titles.
Not if the kids and parents didn't buy in and Dixon will tell you that.....with all the complaining that goes on over there I don't know if it would work with Dixon as your coach. It takes incredible commitment from the players and their parent's to play for Dixon and I wouldn't want any other way. Very thankful we have him at Galax!!!

I know it does and it shouldn't be any other way. The kids and parents here buy in when its worth buying into. If GW and Galax meet up again this year just ask around why people dont like him. I promise I'm not the only one who see it this way. Ive said it 100 time outside of the game he is a great guy. But he shouldn't be coaching as a HC he just doesn't fit that bill. Its just hard to buy in when his mistakes are seen every week every game. I get no coach is perfect but they should at least be able to improve.

I know it does and it shouldn't be any other way. The kids and parents here buy in when its worth buying into. If GW and Galax meet up again this year just ask around why people dont like him. I promise I'm not the only one who see it this way. Ive said it 100 time outside of the game he is a great guy. But he shouldn't be coaching as a HC he just doesn't fit that bill. Its just hard to buy in when his mistakes are seen every week every game. I get no coach is perfect but they should at least be able to improve.

Who should we ask? The parents of the kids? The family members of the kids? Homer fans that believe the ideology that GW is the most talented team in 1A year in and out?

Ehhh....I think I will stick to making my own unbiased observation. I was at the Galax game, they simply didn't have more talent then Galax. Also, they were awful in open field tackling, their safety was abysmal in coverage, their offensive line was inept, and their defensive line was manhandled. Was there questionable calls in certain situations from GW's coaching staff? Yes. That's what happens in high school football, especially in 1A. These coaches are teachers with a love for the game, they aren't Nick Saban and Bill Belechik. GW's questionable coaching calls is not why GW lost and was not why they were blown out. Galax was simply better at the vast majority of positions than GW was.

Who should we ask? The parents of the kids? The family members of the kids? Homer fans that believe the ideology that GW is the most talented team in 1A year in and out?

Ehhh....I think I will stick to making my own unbiased observation. I was at the Galax game, they simply didn't have more talent then Galax. Also, they were awful in open field tackling, their safety was abysmal in coverage, their offensive line was inept, and their defensive line was manhandled. Was there questionable calls in certain situations from GW's coaching staff? Yes. That's what happens in high school football, especially in 1A. These coaches are teachers with a love for the game, they aren't Nick Saban and Bill Belechik. GW's questionable coaching calls is not why GW lost and was not why they were blown out. Galax was simply better at the vast majority of positions than GW was.
I'm not saying we lost because of that we lost cause galax is the better team. I never said otherwise my point is we would be a better team without him. And thats fine im glad you have your own opinion keep it. But I'm putting it out there that im not the only one who sees it this way.

I'm not saying we lost because of that we lost cause galax is the better team. I never said otherwise my point is we would be a better team without him. And thats fine im glad you have your own opinion keep it. But I'm putting it out there that im not the only one who sees it this way.

You are correct, you aren't the only person who sees it this way. The others you speak of are parents of the kids that don't want any accountability of their child. It's not their kids fault that they lost...it was the coach's fault. How convenient.

Your point that GW would be better without him is also very odd. How would you operationally accomplish this? Hire a coach, watch him coach for a year and then give your opinion to GW on if he "fits"? Seems like there is a disconnect on what the role of a parent/fan is in Wytheville. Cheer your team on and enjoy the game. It seems that there are a plethora of self proclaimed football experts.....

Simple case of too many Chiefs and not enough Indians....

And yes teams do fall off in 1A no one is exempt from that. But it cant be disputed that GW usually doesn't fall off much. A bad year for us is a decent to a good year for most other 1A schools. We haven't had a sub .500 season in almost 30years! Yeah sure other schools in 1A have probably had similar success but not many at all. People always ask why GW fans get so but hurt when we get beat. Its not because we think we cant be beat cause we clearly can. It actually extremely simple to see why it pisses us off because winning is a tradition here not an accomplishment. So what you won 11 games at GW who cares you didnt win it all. Yeah we clearly know we've only won 2 titles but we come into each season with a legit chance to compete. So when we don't its a failure of a season winning record or not. And yes I'm including the 4 teams I was on. We won region C my junior year but we didn't win it all so we failed. Again winning is a tradition here not a treat we get ever so often.

Reactions: Optimal62
You are correct, you aren't the only person who sees it this way. The others you speak of are parents of the kids that don't want any accountability of their child. It's not their kids fault that they lost...it was the coach's fault. How convenient.

Your point that GW would be better without him is also very odd. How would you operationally accomplish this? Hire a coach, watch him coach for a year and then give your opinion to GW on if he "fits"? Seems like there is a disconnect on what the role of a parent/fan is in Wytheville. Cheer your team on and enjoy the game. It seems that there are a plethora of self proclaimed football experts.....

No there are people who can see in Wytheville. And yes a good number of us know the game of football we'll enough to know you have to adapt to win. Its really that simple. And no 99% of the people with those feelings are people who have no dog in the fight other than being a fan. And we're sick of seeing chances being wasted because of a lack of vision and no ability to adjust to an opponents gameplan. Its like someone finds a weakness against us and is allowed to exploit it at will with no resistance.

My last comment on this one, GW is a good not great team by any stretch of the imagination. We will see if they are good enough to beat a pretty good Narrows team. IF Narrows is healthy, I am not so sure GW can beat them to be honest. Is there talent there, yeah but the top tier of 1A is pretty dang stout and Narrows has proven the last 2 years that they are the second best team in Region C. Its not out of the question to assume they are again this year so GW is in for a fight just to get back to Galax. IF Narrows is healthy they are probably as talented if not more talented overall. The thing is regardless of our opinions, talent doesn't always win championships. Our OPINION of who has the most talent has little bearing on the outcome of these games. I have witnessed a good many more talented teams fall victim to a lesser talented team. You cant measure everything and stats don't always tell you the story either. Fist fight it out since I know the Fort and GW will never agree, lol. I for one am glad to see Blaster back in here stirring the pot and talking $h!t.

I would suggest, that's an issue with the coaching staff's lack of skill in evaluating talent!

If your "weak DB's" are forced to make tackles 24 yards down field on a play where the RB took a hand-off 7 yards deep in the backfield, your getting blown off the line of scrimmage! Brown averaged 24 yards per carry and wasn't touched on most of his 7 carries until he was well into the secondary....if he was touched at all! Good luck selling the narrative that one weak defensive back was the reason GW got hammered at home!

2013 Galax 51 - GW 20 (Playoffs)
2015 GW 28 - Galax 27
2016 Galax 45 - GW 20
2017 Galax 50 - GW 13
2018 Galax 21 - GW 14
2018 Galax 42 - GW 14 (Playoffs)
2019 Galax 45 - GW 14

Seems like a pretty one-sided match-up in recent years for a Galax program that is supposed to have inferior talent!
No that’s not the reason, we got beat because they don’t change defensive fronts! Run a 4/4 no matter what! 1st and 10 to 4th and inches 4-4 defense! No adjustments and no other alignment. Dixon knows he won’t adjust and beats him everytime. He knows the weakness and picks it apart every time. DBs allowed 8 of 27 not bad but 4 of the 8 went for long TDs

Watch film and see what you think? It doesn’t take a football expert to see they have no short yardage offense or defense. Kids playing out of position and other kids not held accountable for their mistakes. Just watch some and get back to this and let us know what you think.

Watch film and see what you think? It doesn’t take a football expert to see they have no short yardage offense or defense. Kids playing out of position and other kids not held accountable for their mistakes. Just watch some and get back to this and let us know what you think.

Why watch film when I have watched them live this year??

My last comment on this one, GW is a good not great team by any stretch of the imagination. We will see if they are good enough to beat a pretty good Narrows team. IF Narrows is healthy, I am not so sure GW can beat them to be honest. Is there talent there, yeah but the top tier of 1A is pretty dang stout and Narrows has proven the last 2 years that they are the second best team in Region C. Its not out of the question to assume they are again this year so GW is in for a fight just to get back to Galax. IF Narrows is healthy they are probably as talented if not more talented overall. The thing is regardless of our opinions, talent doesn't always win championships. Our OPINION of who has the most talent has little bearing on the outcome of these games. I have witnessed a good many more talented teams fall victim to a lesser talented team. You cant measure everything and stats don't always tell you the story either. Fist fight it out since I know the Fort and GW will never agree, lol. I for one am glad to see Blaster back in here stirring the pot and talking $h!t.
My man lol. And I couldn't agree more.

I was at the GW/Galax game. The only way I would ever comment on the game is if I watched it....which I did.

2nd and 15 then again 3rd and 15, Galax comes out and shows 6 are coming with GW in Shotgun and the back is up close to the line, he double teams the nose and #33 is running free off the edge. Pretty hard to make a living like that.

Ok, I see what the fans are saying. The coaches should not be allowing that same rush to get them over and over. They have come out spread the whole time and not adjusted to chip the guy or changes splits at all. The credit for exploiting that goes to the Galax staff for seeing it and taking advantage. If GW does make it past Narrows then that will have to be addressed when they meet again. Its too easy for the defense at this point, I am actually kind of surprised

Galax ran tight coverage with a high safety on Thompson all night. He was still productive, but didn't get the yards after catch he's been getting. I haven't watched the tape, but weakside pressure from about mid-2nd quarter til the end of the game plagued us. We never really countered. Sounds like you and I saw the same things there, but I'm going off memory, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot more detail than you haha!

That being said, Galax is just a better team than us. Our defensive struggles have been a concern of mine all year, and I really haven't seen a lot of improvement on that side of the ball to make me feel more confident in us making a serious deep run.

Interesting matchup with Narrows Friday night. Definitely sounds like a contrast in styles. I have no idea how the game will play out, honestly. I'll be supporting my guys either way

I just wanna start off by asking how a narrows vs gw thread has turned into a pissing contest between gw and galax? Galax is the the better team hands down this year! No way you can even argue it. Pointless to even try. My next question is why it always seems to go back to Harner not being the right guy for the job? His record speaks for itself! Most teams would love to have a coach with those numbers.
I’d also like to thank any and all fans of galax and riverheads for winning/ losing with class and dignity. Seems that’s something that the fans have forgotten how to do in wytheville. Oh but wait I guess they don’t have to have either since they are just so talented...this is the same old crap every year. We are just so loaded with talent. If we only had a coach We’d win every game. Well guess what you have a darn good coach but most of you are to bull headed to get with the program instead of trying to rise against it.
Good luck with the remainder of your season. And if you don’t win a state title this year it’s ok. Just blame the coach instead of admitting that there are far better teams out there.

I just wanna start off by asking how a narrows vs gw thread has turned into a pissing contest between gw and galax? Galax is the the better team hands down this year! No way you can even argue it. Pointless to even try. My next question is why it always seems to go back to Harner not being the right guy for the job? His record speaks for itself! Most teams would love to have a coach with those numbers.
I’d also like to thank any and all fans of galax and riverheads for winning/ losing with class and dignity. Seems that’s something that the fans have forgotten how to do in wytheville. Oh but wait I guess they don’t have to have either since they are just so talented...this is the same old crap every year. We are just so loaded with talent. If we only had a coach We’d win every game. Well guess what you have a darn good coach but most of you are to bull headed to get with the program instead of trying to rise against it.
Good luck with the remainder of your season. And if you don’t win a state title this year it’s ok. Just blame the coach instead of admitting that there are far better teams out there.

GW will boat race narrows. just saying

And then...? You don’t have to answer that. You already have several times. You’ll be the “more talented team” that gets outed by a more talented coach. Yeah I think we’re all starting to get it. Be sure and remember when the season is all over and done with that Galax’s stud running back wasn’t good enough to be a part of your success.

No we do not have the most talent. And no we don't think we have a better team than Galax I clearly said it would be a miracle for us to beat them if we get past Narrows. But please stop coming at us GW fans who dont want him as our HC. I had zero problems with Ingo I played for Pruitt. So he is the 1st coach ive not be on board with. And ive said this a 1000 times he is not the reason we win.
1) GW hasnt had a sub .500 record in damn near 30 years.

2) A monkey with no eyes could've led the 2 semi teams he's had the the semis.

3) This year we aren't nearly a deep or as talented as years past. But I stick by my statement id take our QB, RB and WR over any other teams big 3.

4) HE IS WINNING OF OFF TALENT ALONE NOT COACHING!

5) I have literally said these same things since his 1st season at GW. Not because he wasn't the coach I wanted but because he isn't capable of be a top tier HC. He isn't capable of seeing what needs to be addressed or adjusted. Imo it's time for GW to make a move for the betterment of our program and his career.

I wish him nothing but the best wether it be at GW or elsewhere. Thats something alot of you never look at. Would you not say I'm a die hard GW fan? So what would I possibly have to gain from seeing him fail? The answer is nothing literally nothing I simply know what this man has had so I know what has been waisted. And now others are starting to see what ive seen since day 1. I would've kept my opinion to myself if I had seen a single improvement at least something small. But its been the same bs from go. Hell even small things like timeouts he acts like they are a new concept. I totally get it the kids are the ones on the field but the coach is responsible for helping them learn. Am I wrong about that? Is it not his job to teach them what they are doing wrong? So when you get pissed at me for saying he is failing then you're putting the sole blame on the kids. Its his job not theirs he has to improve to help them improve. That's why even when we do have well above average talent for 1A we still get beat. Talent only takes you so far.

Would any of you honestly say that the 6-4 Galax title team was the most talented? No you wouldn't but they won it all. Why because they had a coach who didn't give up on them they had a coach who taught like he is supposed to. Because the kids knew if they bought in it would pay off and it did.

How about RH have they been the most talented for the last 3 years? Id say no they haven't. Damn good but not the most talented but because they have a LEADER and not a credit taker they win.

Hate me or love me every single person on here knows for a fact I come with nothing but truth. I call it like I see it wether that's for or against GW. Either way it doesn't matter to me win it all or win nothing I'm on that hill every Friday night and will be until im dead and gone.

Last edited:
And then...? You don’t have to answer that. You already have several times. You’ll be the “more talented team” that gets outed by a more talented coach. Yeah I think we’re all starting to get it. Be sure and remember when the season is all over and done with that Galax’s stud running back wasn’t good enough to be a part of your success.
Ive never said Brown wasn't needed or wanted at GW. Id love to still have him its a shame we lost him. Our loss is Galax's gain I wish the young man nothing but the best.

Now can we please get back to the game this Friday? Imo GW should win big narrows just hasn't seen a team like GW this year. They seem to start slow and thats not good against GW if we score more than 21 in the 1st half we win big. If they keep is in check it'll be a close game that could go either way.

GW-42 Narrows-21

And the following week Galax-56 GW-21

Blaster, my last comment wasn’t necessarily directed toward you. I haven’t heard you knock Brown once.
I’m just so tired of the bashing the coach.
1.) you have had a winning season for a very long time. Nice congrats. That used to mean something in that program but your schedule is so watered down these days. Most of those seasons were hiding in what was a weak hogo district. No disrespect to the hogo but it is what it is...
2.) to say a monkey with 2 eyes could have led those 2 teams to the semis? Really? He took the TEAM as far as they could go. Please don’t tell me your one of the ones STILL mad that gw didn’t attempt a 43 yard field goal into the wind a couple of years ago? Seems to me the coach made a decision and even if you don’t agree with it I bet to this day he knows he made the right call.
3.) it’s ok to be a fan. Your one of gw most loyal and honest fans
4.)the talent is usually above average at gw. Maybe more consistent than most. That doesn’t alway mean you have the better TEAM... Always remember the title in 2002 came mostly in part by recruiting Barcliff from the children’s home.
5.) i respect your opinion on most things GW related cause your a straight shooter but sometimes y’all need to tone down the mentality that your a state contender every year. Takes a lot to birth a champion.

Sit back enjoy the games and learn from some of the schools that Know how to be gracious in victory and in defeat. And Btw I disagree with the, if you don’t win it all it was a failure. Barcliff won it all and is in federal prison for 20 plus years. You think they let him wear his state ring in there?

Reactions: FootballArmy
Point one couldn't agree more the hogo was and is weak.

Point 2 no I'm not mad about the none kick I was mad about the play calling in that one

3 thank you

4 that was the 02 team and I think its 80 years. And no it doesn't it thats why I made the point that Galax at 6-4 wasn't but still won.

5 I couldn't agree more

And finally I mean its a failure only by expectations on the field not by life lessons and experience gained. In my personal experience football taught me discipline, teamwork, work ethic ect...

Best of luck to everyone

So if you had to take a coach right now to lead your troops. One that you think fits the bill. Excluding Dixon, Castro and yourself who do you pick? Active, available coaches who you feel are qualified only.

I know I said I was done but I wanted to comment on the 2015 semi final team. The Radford team that GW beat the week before facing Riverheads was more talented overall in my opinion. The play calling in the second half gave GW the chance to win that game. I would have to think based off of the total control model you guys described that Harner had a big hand in that. Ok, I have said more than my piece.

Blaster, when you have personal relationships with a lot of the kids and parents do you think that maybe sometimes you see the kids for what you know or think they're capable of instead what they're actually doing on the field? I know it makes a difference on how I see some of ths kids because I know what they're capable of. I don't mean that as an insult I just thinks it human nature to do so when you know them personally. No doubt in my mind you love GW football and want what's best for them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT