ADVERTISEMENT

Glass vs JF

Yes but Amherst is 0-6 so that is not a good example, just proves that they are very vulnerable. I remember when JF and Salem were both undefeated in playoff game, not even close
My only point is it’s a 4 quarter ball game and what matters is the finish. It can’t just be a “bad game” Bc it was a fourth quarter loss

My only point is it’s a 4 quarter ball game and what matters is the finish. It can’t just be a “bad game” Bc it was a fourth quarter loss
Shouldn’t have even been a 4th quarter loss to a 0-6 team.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Shouldn’t have even been a 4th quarter loss to a 0-6 team.
Right. But it was.... you’re ignoring the whole point of the statement. If ever there’s a time to say we had a “bad night” it’s after THAT game. But not once did that slip my lips even then.
ANYWAY.... I’ll start replying again after the game, this is too much for me haha I feel like we are back to secondary school

I got JF by 12. I'm not sure the Hilltoppers can keep up with the scoring. JFs defense is improved. Amherst has change offenses over the past couple of weeks and almost pulled of the biggest upset of the year. My prediction will be wrong if the passing game from Glass gets going. If I'm JF, try to to contain Kendrick in the run game and make Glass beat you through the air. I'm going with the 3 headed monster of Cupit, Blake, and Christmas. Definitely the game of the week.

Right. But it was.... you’re ignoring the whole point of the statement. If ever there’s a time to say we had a “bad night” it’s after THAT game. But not once did that slip my lips even then.
ANYWAY.... I’ll start replying again after the game, this is too much for me haha I feel like we are back to secondary school
Just opinions of a game, that’s what this board is about. Geez

I got JF by 12. I'm not sure the Hilltoppers can keep up with the scoring. JFs defense is improved. Amherst has change offenses over the past couple of weeks and almost pulled of the biggest upset of the year. My prediction will be wrong if the passing game from Glass gets going. If I'm JF, try to to contain Kendrick in the run game and make Glass beat you through the air. I'm going with the 3 headed monster of Cupit, Blake, and Christmas. Definitely the game of the week.
They did change their offense and it is working better because it is was what they were used to. They didn’t have time for the new one especially with new coach no longer there. Interesting to see what happens in their last 4 games

Don't let people discourage you from commenting. You opinions are always insightful and appreciated. My original thread was to discuss comments/opinions on the Glass-JF, as you did with your original reply. It was not to discuss past JF games. So, thank you for staying on topic with your original reply.

Reactions: catchtds and jfcav1
Those who are picking glass.... what do you think the key for them to shutting down the offense is? Other than the very obvious “shut down Blake, Cupit, Hackworth, and Harris” or “play assignment football”. I mean a little more specific for any of you that know more about their defensive schemes and have seen both teams play a bit the past couple years.

Or do you simply feel that they’ll get the last score in a shootout?

For me, on the opposite spectrum I feel like the key to stopping glass offense is going to be to force them to pass. Sending pressure while containing with the DEs. OLBs have to be very disciplined on the read option. Getting them in 3rd and 5+ situations will be big. Not that Kendrick can’t pass (he can). But his legs scare me far worse than his arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Those who are picking glass.... what do you think the key for them to shutting down the offense is? Other than the very obvious “shut down Blake, Cupit, Hackworth, and Harris” or “play assignment football”. I mean a little more specific for any of you that know more about their defensive schemes and have seen both teams play a bit the past couple years.

Or do you simply feel that they’ll get the last score in a shootout?

For me, on the opposite spectrum I feel like the key to stopping glass offense is going to be to force them to pass. Sending pressure while containing with the DEs. OLBs have to be very disciplined on the read option. Getting them in 3rd and 5+ situations will be big. Not that Kendrick can’t pass (he can). But his legs scare me far worse than his arm.

Good topic. I think Needs to stop JF by getting penetration by disrupting the backfield. JF can move the handoff sequences pretty quickly, so you'd have to be back there when the ball is snapped. Pretty tough job. But, gotta make tackles at the first level, especially if you plan to load the box and put 7 or 8 guys on the line. It hurt us last year to put 7 or 8 guys on the line then miss the assignment at the first level. One thing about JF's backs(Blake and Cupit in particular) They have power to run through tackles, and they can get some speed at the next level. Another thing that would help is to limit their big plays. If you can make them drive and run more plays, it increases the chance to force a turnover.

For Glass, they cannot hurt themselves with false start, illegal motion, and other pre-snap penalties. They did it all last year and they are doing it this year. I agree with you that forcing 3rd and 5+ will help in stalling their drives. But, most of the time that is self inflicted wounds.Glass will burn you with that read option, and do not underestimate Kendrick's arm. He has Killed JF with his feet in the past, but he throws a pretty long ball.If you pressure him in the wrong ways, he will burn you also!

Reactions: jfcav1
Good topic. I think Needs to stop JF by getting penetration by disrupting the backfield. JF can move the handoff sequences pretty quickly, so you'd have to be back there when the ball is snapped. Pretty tough job. But, gotta make tackles at the first level, especially if you plan to load the box and put 7 or 8 guys on the line. It hurt us last year to put 7 or 8 guys on the line then miss the assignment at the first level. One thing about JF's backs(Blake and Cupit in particular) They have power to run through tackles, and they can get some speed at the next level. Another thing that would help is to limit their big plays. If you can make them drive and run more plays, it increases the chance to force a turnover.

For Glass, they cannot hurt themselves with false start, illegal motion, and other pre-snap penalties. They did it all last year and they are doing it this year. I agree with you that forcing 3rd and 5+ will help in stalling their drives. But, most of the time that is self inflicted wounds.Glass will burn you with that read option, and do not underestimate Kendrick's arm. He has Killed JF with his feet in the past, but he throws a pretty long ball.If you pressure him in the wrong ways, he will burn you also!

I didn’t mean to down talk his arm. I was more just emphasizing how dangerous his legs are. He’s a great ball player

I didn’t mean to down talk his arm. I was more just emphasizing how dangerous his legs are. He’s a great ball player

I know you didn’t mean to. Just so many people have done it based on the Heritage game. Especially the writers on here. They keep hanging it over his head.

Reactions: jfcav1
What's the best way to get real-time updates on this game?
I also want to tune in 2 Blacksburg Pulaski
Salem doesn't have a game tonight

What's the best way to get real-time updates on this game?
I also want to tune in 2 Blacksburg Pulaski
Salem doesn't have a game tonight

The game will be on 2 radio stations from two different perspectives.

100.9 WIQO is the JF perspective

93.3 Espn radio in Virginia is the Glass perspective

Download the tunein radio app, and search these stations.

The game will be on 2 radio stations from two different perspectives.

100.9 WIQO is the JF perspective

93.3 Espn radio in Virginia is the Glass perspective

Download the tunein radio app, and search these stations.
Thank you already have the TuneIn Ap

Reactions: lyhsports
Post TD unsportsmanlike conduct.... they take points off the board. WHAT?! Have you EVER seen that? No... penalty is enforced on the kickoff

42-14 at the half. Glass gets the ball. I bet Christmas comes out with an onside kick.
100%

The way our D is right now, I’m kicking some form of onside kick every time. Glass will score if it’s from the 20 or the 50.

And what does JF performance against GW mean for GW they don't seem quite so tough anymore either

Good thing that JF defense has improved. no telling what the score would had been if it hadn't .

Good thing that JF defense has improved. no telling what the score would had been if it hadn't .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA SICK JOKE BRO! SICK! We are rolling on the floor!

The team that played GW was much different than the one tonight. I can’t explain it. But it’s different. GW v Glass is a toss-up
I didn't see tonight but I did see them against GW and they were improved. No clue what happened. Congrats to Glass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT