ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar vs. Giles

intrinsicreward

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 4, 2015
Miss hearing from all you good Giles folks. You were the best thing going on here in this forum but it's now radio silence. Has it really gotten that bad at Giles not to be posting anything? Should I say something negative about Giles to get you guys going? The train horn sucks and shouldn't be allowed.. Not sure if I even want to make the trip down there this year if it's that bad but can't imagine you guys abandoning or not defending the team.

Let's hear... something.

Last edited:
Giles is having a difficult season, but don't count them out as they will come back. Slumps happen.

Season started with low participation numbers. Then the injuries started piling up. Boys never came together as a team, several starters quit. Injuries keep coming. Not able to put much talent or experience on the field right now. Kind of remarkable they will probably finish 5-5 regular season. Enjoy it now, hopefully it won't last long.

As long as there are embers a program can be rebuilt fairly quickly and I am sure Giles won't be down for very long.

I figure the game Friday to be ugly. Glenvar strong up front and Giles is not good there on both sides of ball. Nobody has abandoned the team, just not much to say other then what has been said already. I felt at beginning of season it was rough but would come around by end of season. However after week three four of your best players or starters are gone for the year I knew it was bad with already low numbers. Giles will regroup next year, hopefully

Reactions: intrinsicreward
Just really bad luck this year with injuries. Worst I’ve seen. With low numbers moving people around every week. Starting tailback got hurt in Graham game and has been very limited since. 5 or 6 more starters done for season. This is a young team and I think things will turn around next year.

One coach told me earlier this year that one of our players had played in 8 or 9 different positions (offense and defense combined). We played extremely well for a quarter and a half against James River which was surprising. We were one or two close pass breakups from winning that game but credit to JR. Didn't get to the Carroll County game so can't comment on that. Don't figure the Glenvar game to be close but at the same time didn't figure to lose the playoff game to Glenvar a few years back when we beat them soundly a few weeks earlier. Didn't figure UVA to beat Miami either. So Giles could win, but not likely given all the injuries and low numbers this year.

Glenvar is not taking Giles lightly at all even though you guys and their record say Giles is down. If they played that tough against a good JR team, Glenvar knows they could be in for a dog fight.

I noticed last year that Giles had put in a lot of play action with the really good scrambling/running QB which is the first time I have seen any deviation from their playbook at all. Any chance we are going to see that again? Last year I thought Giles needed to do something different to win as Glenvar had the single wing's number for the previous 4 games and surprisingly Giles did which I thought threw Glenvar off just enough for Giles to win a close game.

Glenvar is not taking Giles lightly at all even though you guys and their record say Giles is down. If they played that tough against a good JR team, Glenvar knows they could be in for a dog fight.

I noticed last year that Giles had put in a lot of play action with the really good scrambling/running QB which is the first time I have seen any deviation from their playbook at all. Any chance we are going to see that again? Last year I thought Giles needed to do something different to win as Glenvar had the single wing's number for the previous 4 games and surprisingly Giles did which I thought threw Glenvar off just enough for Giles to win a close game.
Too many starters out, too many guys had to switch positions. Been hard enough trying to get the basic Giles playbook in sync. May see some different formations, but I wouldn't bet on it. Got a few good looking young ballplayers, but they've been thrown into a bad situation. Unless Glenvar turns the ball over a lot, I doubt Giles will be able to score much. Mark it in your record book, this may be the first time Glenvar has beaten Giles without it being a playoff rematch, or Glenvar coming off a bye week, having 2 weeks to prepare. I think they're 0-21 without those 2 scenarios

Idk the kids name. He's probably 10th or 11th grade now.
Kip Green. Jr. this year. Was getting some looks as a freshman, hurt his knee in playoffs last year, had surgery. Don't know How that's affected interest in him. Haven't heard anything this year

Reactions: VaTech98
Too many starters out, too many guys had to switch positions. Been hard enough trying to get the basic Giles playbook in sync. May see some different formations, but I wouldn't bet on it. Got a few good looking young ballplayers, but they've been thrown into a bad situation. Unless Glenvar turns the ball over a lot, I doubt Giles will be able to score much. Mark it in your record book, this may be the first time Glenvar has beaten Giles without it being a playoff rematch, or Glenvar coming off a bye week, having 2 weeks to prepare. I think they're 0-21 without those 2 scenarios
Thanks for this post! I agree that the bye week excuse demon monkey needs to be exorcised by Glenvar tonight. I've been hearing this one since 2015.

Thanks for this post! I agree that the bye week excuse demon monkey needs to be exorcised by Glenvar tonight. I've been hearing this one since 2015.

Don't matter tonight if you had zero weeks to prepare or 6 months...this game won't be close...and if it is then glenvar isn't going far in playoffs....I think glenvar wins by at least 24 pts

Don't matter tonight if you had zero weeks to prepare or 6 months...this game won't be close...and if it is then glenvar isn't going far in playoffs....I think glenvar wins by at least 24 pts

Glenvar doesn't score many points against good teams. They are very good at stopping other teams from scoring which is the name of their game so good chance the score will be closer than 24 points u nless Giles isn't good, which I doubt.

Glenvar doesn't score many points against good teams. They are very good at stopping other teams from scoring which is the name of their game so good chance the score will be closer than 24 points u nless Giles isn't good, which I doubt.

Trust me we are bad this year...between low numbers to start, injuries and other things we are just a bad football team this year plain and simple

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT