ADVERTISEMENT

GM 87 Luray 38

Feb 7, 2006
Just saw this on the GM website, seems like the Mustangs are rolling again this season. I had heard Luray was a good team, any insights on why the score was so lopsided?

Just saw this on the GM website, seems like the Mustangs are rolling again this season. I had heard Luray was a good team, any insights on why the score was so lopsided?
Luray has some talented players. As much as was said negative about the former coach, they surely are missing the team concept he demanded of the players. The new coach is young and finding his way and the players are doing as they please right now. That has led to a lot of individual, selfish play from what I have seen.

The new coach needs to stop talking to, gesturing with and seeking sympathy from the fans behind the bench and pay attention to the game. It was comical watching his interactions with the fans. Saunders isn't looking so bad is he?

This always happens when people complain about a coach who is "too strict" or "hard on" the players.

Someone new comes in, structure evaporates, everyone realizes it wasn't so bad having someone who holds you accountable.

I haven't seen Luray, so I can't comment on the coach. I'm speaking from past observation here alone.

Reactions: VAHoops1
This always happens when people complain about a coach who is "too strict" or "hard on" the players.

Someone new comes in, structure evaporates, everyone realizes it wasn't so bad having someone who holds you accountable.

I haven't seen Luray, so I can't comment on the coach. I'm speaking from past observation here alone.
Been 50 years since Luray lost a game this bad.

Well, that certainly makes it seem worse. Also, Mason is arguably one of the top 5 teams in the state on the 2A level. They were playing a well-oiled machine with loads of talent.

That being said, 87-38 is a whipping. How did the Good kid play? Isn't he playing in college next year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT