ADVERTISEMENT

Goochland is up 21-7 on Hopewell in 1st half

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Who saw this happening? Wow. Up 7-0 Hopewell started turning ball over. Second half hope they get it together.

Wow, I definitely didn't. I didn't even predict a score because I didn't wanna disrespect Goochland. As my man Fattyhawk said in another post. That's why we play the games. I expect a much better second half from Hopewell.

I’m more stunned by this score than any other in a long time. Goochland must have improved a lot since our game 1 with them as they were no problem for us.

Sheeesh thought Hopewell was back in after they took a run 80 yards but Goochland responded with a drive that included a 4th and long fake punt. Now Goochland 28-14...

add on now Goochland just converted another onside kick

Hopewell 35-28. Minute left

Wish Phoebus got this Hopewell team last week lol

Goochland has a good team. Their coach really helped them. The 2 onside kicks they got and the faked punt when Hopewell had the momentum to tie the game. Hopewell started dominating, but I didn't think the game would be this tough.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
Goochland has a good team. Their coach really helped them. The 2 onside kicks they got and the faked punt when Hopewell had the momentum to tie the game. Hopewell started dominating, but I didn't think the game would be this tough.

Goochland had a good passing game and some good athletes. I take nothing away from them. Hopewell had too many penalties and mistakes. The Hopewell OL dominated late when they had to.,

I hope Goochland showed that we are no pushover. Hopewell wore Goochland down in the second half. We have some players going both ways and they were gassed. No excuses, Hopewell is legit and good luck next week....

Reactions: HokieSeason
Goochland came out and punched Hopewell in the mouth in the 1st half. Hopewell just seemed disinterested for the 1st 24 minutes. They woke up at halftime and the O line started wearing Goochland down. Hopewell better be ready to play the entire game next Saturday or they will be the team with the 1 at the end of their record. Hopewell special teams need serious work the next 5 days. Good luck to both teams next week. And yes, Henderson is as advertised. #3 Kavion Cox came in at RB and was a Man when Hopewell needed it.

Reactions: HokieSeason
I was thinking the same thing. People were saying that the game wouldn't be close.
That's the issue.."people" were saying not the warriors on the field. The beauty of high school football.

That's the issue.."people" were saying not the warriors on the field. The beauty of high school football.

Exactly right. Not even the 1st time this year in just Class 3 that a team didn't have a chance. I guess I just like the underdog or the disrespected team

It seems Hopewell's early struggles came when throwing the ball. And their fortunes changed when they started running more.

Sheeesh thought Hopewell was back in after they took a run 80 yards but Goochland responded with a drive that included a 4th and long fake punt. Now Goochland 28-14...

add on now Goochland just converted another onside kick
Loo
It seems Hopewell's early struggles came when throwing the ball. And their fortunes changed when they started running more.
the predictions didn’t seem far fetched when you saw who Goochland played this year and for me I saw them play Lafayette in game 1 and lose 33-0. Impossible to see this result coming at all.

Goochland for sure earned the whole city of Hopewell respect. They is a good team and they coach called a great game. He put them in the best positions to win the game. Plus Hopewell played they worst half of the season yesterday so hopefully that’s gone out the window.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT