ADVERTISEMENT

Good places to eat around Wanner Stadium?

Virginia HS Football Fan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 8, 2001
Good Sunday Morning! It's Game Week!!!

I am venturing to Wanner Stadium this Thursday for my first game of the season. Catching Spotsylvania at Lafayette. I hope visiting fans realize that this is where the game is being played and not at the high school or at Cooley Field where the Knights played the Rams a long time ago.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good places to eat around the stadium that will be open before and after the game. Any help on that end would be appreciated and any tips regarding parking and the stadium would be nice as well.

Will Spotsy be any good this year? Wouldn’t mind checking this out either.

Will Spotsy be any good this year? Wouldn’t mind checking this out either.
They dominated Charlottesville something like five or six touchdowns to one on Friday night. But to be honest, I don't know if Spotsylvania will be that good or if Charlottesville will be that bad. I also know that Spotsylvania hung with Loudoun County in a scrimmage as well (don't know the score of that one though).

Spotsylvania does have its largest total turnout in the program in several years so that's a positive.

Sadly, I don't know how bad the Battlefield will be though. I could see Spotsylvania finishing third behind King George and Eastern View. Maybe second if they get a mid/later season upset at Eastern View on the road. 4B is such a tough region with so many schools that it will be difficult to make the playoffs. But if they are able to sneak in as a seventh or eighth seed, that will be a positive.

They will be tested in the non-district so at least that will help. They play at Lafayette in the regular season (can't remember if that has ever happened...only know about the playoff history), at Brooke Point which they've played sparingly since Brooke Point opened in 1994, and they host Atlee which will be a first-time meeting between the two schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
They dominated Charlottesville something like five or six touchdowns to one on Friday night. But to be honest, I don't know if Spotsylvania will be that good or if Charlottesville will be that bad. I also know that Spotsylvania hung with Loudoun County in a scrimmage as well (don't know the score of that one though).

Spotsylvania does have its largest total turnout in the program in several years so that's a positive.

Sadly, I don't know how bad the Battlefield will be though. I could see Spotsylvania finishing third behind King George and Eastern View. Maybe second if they get a mid/later season upset at Eastern View on the road. 4C is such a tough region with so many schools that it will be difficult to make the playoffs. But if they are able to sneak in as a seventh or eighth seed, that will be a positive.

They will be tested in the non-district so at least that will help. They play at Lafayette in the regular season (can't remember if that has ever happened...only know about the playoff history), at Brooke Point which they've played sparingly since Brooke Point opened in 1994, and they host Atlee which will be a first-time meeting between the two schools.
Thank you! Will Brooke Point be any good this year? I see they have KG on Thursday.

College Delly (I think this is how they spell it) 336 Richmond Rd, beside W&M. Good food. It's about 6 miles from Wanner.
Yup, that’s just past Sal’s. And in my opinion, if you’re heading that way, Brickhouse Tavern is also a great option. Those two are a bit more casual. Another great spot just past there is Berret’s (seafood).

Reactions: mike salem
Food for Thought is my favorite. It's upscale home cooked food. Check out their menu online. I have tried Shrimp and Grits, meatloaf, and pistachio chicken. The sides are unreal too. Make sure you get there early.

Reactions: mike salem
I’ve never had Food for Thought, but it’s the closest to Wanner of the options listed so far.
It's not bar food. Lol. I usually have to attend two conferences a year in Williamsburg and always go there one night. I also eat at the College Deli and the Thai Garden.

Really close to Wanner stadium on Richmond road (rt 60) only a few blocks west of centerville road which you take to the stadium ( left at first light off centerville) is NY Deli. Excellent and close. Plenty of parking right in front of stadium by the way. Large lot. I’ll be there.

Really close to Wanner stadium on Richmond road (rt 60) only a few blocks west of centerville road which you take to the stadium ( left at first light off centerville) is NY Deli. Excellent and close. Plenty of parking right in front of stadium by the way. Large lot. I’ll be there.
Wonderful. Thanks for making the easy decision for me! Best of luck Thursday. May the best team win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT