ADVERTISEMENT

Grafton 78, New Kent 45... Cle'von Greene dismissed from team

It's a little surprising...

stunning even that NK could ever be down 50-4 at the half of any game (I know Grafton is really, really good and that 50-4 score was the score of their first game) but ...there was a time that New Kent was pretty good in hoops- even after making the move to AA.. What's happening there Dre?

Pawfan.....

New Kent has been down for the last three years. As you know, most teams go through their 'cycle' of down years and New Kent is in the midst of theirs.

They are a small team (no player taller than 6'3"), and inexperienced as well, despite having a roster of upperclassmen. The biggest thing with them is they lack true athletes on the team. Most of their players are spot shooters. They rely heavily on the three, but don't have anybody who is consistent from the range.

The biggest thing that hurts them is playing in the Bay Rivers District. Other than Poquoson, they have been blown out by everybody. With all of this restructuring and the concept of conferences and districts not really being a factor to make the playoffs, they should move back to the Tidewater District honestly. Saves them money because their shortest trip as of now is Warhill (about 45 minutes by bus), and their longest is Smithfield (nearly 2 1/2 hours).

I know, it's wishful thinking, but that's just the way I feel. New Kent just doesn't have the athletes out there on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT