ADVERTISEMENT

Graham/Radford game thread

Allen scores again. 21-0 Graham.

Big time Radford RB with two fumbles

Allen has four total TDs and an INT. Outgaining Radford by 200 yards

Not sure Appo beats Graham but probably a much closer game

I'm watching Big Winners. Right on the 50 and wanting my Cats to win. Appomattox is not within 3 touchdowns of Graham. I stated 2 after seeing them the first time last week against Richlands. After watching them in just this one half, it's absolutely laughable to think Appo could play with Graham. Trust me, no contest, and I don't mean that to down Appo. Appo is still Appo and an elite program, but for 2018, Appo wouldn't be within a good 17 or so points close to Graham.

Knew it lol Radford did not impress me. Im sick my boys brought knives to a gun fight

Graham looked like the greatest show on Turf.today. Running clock to begin the 2nd half. Less than 100 yards allowed until subs went in in the 4th. Graham is clicking right now. They completely dominated in every aspect of the game. As far as team speed, not close. Looking forward to the state title game next week!! Go G-Men.

I'm watching Big Winners. Right on the 50 and wanting my Cats to win. Appomattox is not within 3 touchdowns of Graham. I stated 2 after seeing them the first time last week against Richlands. After watching them in just this one half, it's absolutely laughable to think Appo could play with Graham. Trust me, no contest, and I don't mean that to down Appo. Appo is still Appo and an elite program, but for 2018, Appo wouldn't be within a good 17 or so points close to Graham.
Thank You!! An unbiased opinion from somebody who is not a fan. Graham is playing great ball right now and they have a ton of athleticism for a school this size. I'll be rooting for them, but Goochland stands in the way, no easy task.

Reactions: VaTech98
Thank You!! An unbiased opinion from somebody who is not a fan. Graham is playing great ball right now and they have a ton of athleticism for a school this size. I'll be rooting for them, but Goochland stands in the way, no easy task.

Just hope they don't let this big win with that margin go to their heads. Stay disciplined and one play at a time. Goochlands defense sounds legit. And they should have depth just based on them moving up next year. Are they primarily a run team?

If you want another unbiased opinion...Graham is good...REALLY good. Since 2011, of all the teams Union has played, this year's Graham D is 2nd only to 2016 Appo's. I would say that the offense is in the top 4 most explosive as well.

I know absolutely nothing about Goochland, but if they defeat Graham that will say a LOT.

Makes me think Union was better than I realized after playing Graham so close. And by close I mean 3 TDs.

Just hope they don't let this big win with that margin go to their heads. Stay disciplined and one play at a time. Goochlands defense sounds legit. And they should have depth just based on them moving up next year. Are they primarily a run team?
Agree. Giving up 6 points a game is good. Should be a great game. I think they run a wing-t and run the ball a lot, use a lot of mis-direction, will be a challenge.

Appomattox not the same team as last 3 years. Radford nothing to hang heads about will have plenty coming back next 2 years. Graham may get over hump thanks to best assistant coaching hire. I don’t believe they would be in this position other wise.

Appomattox not the same team as last 3 years. Radford nothing to hang heads about will have plenty coming back next 2 years. Graham may get over hump thanks to best assistant coaching hire. I don’t believe they would be in this position other wise.
The kids love the head coach and want to play for him. Hiring Dennis Palmer, sure didn't hurt, but it is not the only reason they are there. All of Graham's coaches are dedicated and do a great job. Rex Bradshaw is still the defensive coordinator for Graham. Coach Palmer deserves a lot of credit for this turnaround (Tony Palmer). This is a man who has won 41 games in 4 years after taking over a team that got embarrassed at Gate City 70-0. Dennis Palmer has been around the program for one year and he surely has contributed, but Tony has been around the program practically since he played in 1989 and was never given a chance to shine. He has gotten his chance and he has made the most of it. Tony Palmer deserves a ton of credit for Graham's program being back where it belongs, in the upper echelon of 2A. The players are focused and working their butts off and that's a credit to the way coach Palmer (Tony) is running his program.

Absolutely, kudos to Tony Palmer for that forethought! In hiring Palmer and for completely turning a dismal program into a powerhouse in his short tenure. Tony is a great coach & leader! I believe Bradshaw & D. Palmer working together on defense has been one of the keys the latter half of season...it all clicked. They are keeping it fresh, making adjustments, changing it up depending on opponent. Defense has been lights out. Players are drilling it! Anyone that follows football and playoffs, knows it's Richlands' offense that's blown the big games. Defense has always been strong and having to make up for offensive mistakes. Their loss of the old defensive coordinator is definitely Graham's gain. Graham's offense is just explosive , offensive coaching great too and getting it done while defense is spot on. They're a team working as one unit , the coaches and players! Others might disagree, that's your right but my opinions are my opinions. Hope GMen can bring home that ring to SWVA.

Reactions: 19GHS87
The kids love the head coach and want to play for him. Hiring Dennis Palmer, sure didn't hurt, but it is not the only reason they are there. All of Graham's coaches are dedicated and do a great job. Rex Bradshaw is still the defensive coordinator for Graham. Coach Palmer deserves a lot of credit for this turnaround (Tony Palmer). This is a man who has won 41 games in 4 years after taking over a team that got embarrassed at Gate City 70-0. Dennis Palmer has been around the program for one year and he surely has contributed, but Tony has been around the program practically since he played in 1989 and was never given a chance to shine. He has gotten his chance and he has made the most of it. Tony Palmer deserves a ton of credit for Graham's program being back where it belongs, in the upper echelon of 2A. The players are focused and working their butts off and that's a credit to the way coach Palmer (Tony) is running his program.
Absolutely, very deserving of Coach of the Year! He gets my vote, hands down not that I have a vote. I have nothing but good things to say about Tony. The kids love him, the other coaches love him. Graham is just a well oiled machine this year under his leadership.

Palmer is very clearly Region D COY, with a win next week he will clearly be 2A COY. Radford head coach has a chance, improving by ten wins, but if Palmer wins it all, how can you deny him?

In two years, he's only lost to two schools IIRC, and avenged one of those losses this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT