ADVERTISEMENT

Graham @ Union

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Graham travels to Big Stone Gap on Friday for a matchup of two of the top teams in AA this season. Both teams are very similar to each other. Good line play and excellent defense. This one should shape up to be a great ball game.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Would love to see this one! I’ll say Graham for the mere reason they are the champs of the west until beaten.

I'm going to give Union a slight edge at Bullitt Park in this one. But hoping that Graham can pull it out. Very difficult place to play and come out with a win.

I'm going to give Union a slight edge at Bullitt Park in this one. But hoping that Graham can pull it out. Very difficult place to play and come out with a win.
The year we played there in 2017 in the state semi finals. That was probably the best environment I've been at!
Great place to play with solid support from the community.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Graham won 17-8. Way too many penalties and personal fouls for both teams. Graham's defense bent, but didn't break. These 2 were very evenly matched. I thought Union was a little more physical, but had absolutely no passing game. Graham mixed it up a little bit and Tydrez Clements broke a long td run. Also, Union's kicker was hurt and that probably kept a field goal or two off of the board. I would love to see a re-match later in the season, but with fewer penalties.

Graham won 17-8. Way too many penalties and personal fouls for both teams. Graham's defense bent, but didn't break. These 2 were very evenly matched. I thought Union was a little more physical, but had absolutely no passing game. Graham mixed it up a little bit and Tydrez Clements broke a long td run. Also, Union's kicker was hurt and that probably kept a field goal or two off of the board. I would love to see a re-match later in the season, but with fewer penalties.
Watching online, I questioned red zone play calling by Union. Either way, Union being one dimensional will hurt in the post season.

Reactions: BigWinners
Both teams have some housekeeping to take care of this week. Neither played a great game. Way too many penalties especially personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct. These programs are better than what they showed us tonight. If this were a playoff game for either against a well disciplined decent team, they’d probably both be going home. Glad for the win but play & conduct disappointing.

Coin flip game. Play ten times it's 5-5. If Union has healthy kicker, who knows.

Not sure if it's 5-5 out of 10. Graham is a more balanced team. I'd say it would be more like 7-3 in favor of Graham this season.

I watched these 2 teams on NFHS and both looked to be as physical as I've seen in a while for 2A teams. Both are nasty and physical on both sides of the ball with vicious licks as defenders approach the football to make a tackle.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's 5-5 out of 10. Graham is a more balanced team. I'd say it would be more like 7-3 in favor of Graham this season.
Agree. 7-3 makes more sense. All it takes is one game in the playoffs, though. Looking forward to the post season this year in D and C.

Reactions: 19GHS87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT