ADVERTISEMENT

Great story of a winner-Coach Rich Serbay!

Great article on a coach that deserves this. He is one of the best in my opinion

I read a story from a few years back, where he said that in his first year they had some tennis players on the offensive line. I chuckled at that, because in my first year of coaching tennis, I had a 350 pound offensive lineman on my tennis team. Neither situation is ideal, but you do what you can with what you have.

can't remember that but the year they were either 1 and 9 or 0 and 10 he was the same serbay that was 10 and 0 to his players. fussing level was the same losing as winning still pulling for his players with constructive criticism in the only way serbay could. the next year he had a winning season and playoffs after that! that bad team believe it or not had very little speed if you can believe a JM team had little speed. great coach a award well deserved!

From Courtland players past and present Congratulations. Now in few weeks all the pleasantries will be off the table

schoolboard, if the player you speak off is TS, I don't think he ever reached 350. It would be entertaining to watch someone with that size chasing down groundstokes and lobs. Just sayin'
shock.r191677.gif

Couldn't you just leave it at congratulations? Stop embarrassing the Cougars. Please.

He's earned every bit of this. Thank you Coach Serbay for your incredible contributions to the Community and the youth of the Fredericksburg area. Your mark is indelible, timeless and Absolutely deserved. Most of all, your memory in the minds of these kids will never be forgotten. What a blessing. What a great man. If there is a final judgement, the gates will be open. Can't ask for more than that in a life.

Now TCB and GL in 2014. Go Jackets.

Found the roster

Nope. Different guy. But my guy was listed on the football roster as 6'5" 340. You can call me a liar for 10 pounds, or perhaps he put on some weight after football season.
This post was edited on 10/17 12:25 PM by schoolboard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT