ADVERTISEMENT

Great Unofficial Points 1A east

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
love the max/min stuff

562d9897b26c0.image.jpg

I have Essex projected to jump Riverheads on last week by 1 point if both teams win remaining 2 games. I have Essex finishing with 275 and Riverheads with 274.

I have King George defeating Chancellor this week so if KG loses that one Riverheads could finish 1 point ahead.

As I have said before, I admire the heck out of you guys for knowing how to keep up with this. But here is my question.......do you also follow the records and remaining games of every team these two played and do you factor that into these predictions? For example, Lee High is playing Harrisonburg this Friday and with the Leemen being on a roll, they just might win that one. So wouldn't that give RHS another point or are you guys way ahead of me on that one?

I have already predicted RE Lee to win that game and have already included those 2 points. If Lee were to lose to Harrisonburg that would put Riverheads at 272 instead of the 274 that I have them predicted at.

The two weak sisters in the top 8 are (Luray and Rappahanock)

Neither have impressive resumes....

If I'm a team in the top 4 I'm hoping they are both on my side of the bracket

The two weak sisters in the top 8 are (Luray and Rappahanock)

Neither have impressive resumes....

If I'm a team in the top 4 I'm hoping they are both on my side of the bracket
Franklin & Sussex equally have suspect resume's.....It's funny how people will look at one team's resume but over look others. Exactly who has Franklin beat? only quality win is Sussex and Parkview but you can't really call those quality b/c they have just as suspect resume's
Sussex has beat Parkview & Brunswick but nobody else of substance.
Brunswick & Parkview have no quality wins
William Campbell has one win over teams with a better than .500 record. How is there resume great?
With that said, when ppl try to rag on Rapp & Luray do your homework on the others.
Rapp has 2 wins over teams with better than a .500 record and they also beat CB 27-8 (who also played Franklin 28-6 & Sussex 18-6)
Franklin beat Arcadia who played Nandua (a team Rapp beat) they both are 1-1 vs each other.
At the end of the day its all about match ups and Rapp lost to the same team twice. I'm willing to listen as to why Franklin are better than Rapp and Luray so please entertain me.
***Another little nugget is Rapp beat Sussex at Sussex last yr in the playoffs and returned most of that team as opposed to Sussex losing a lot.

Reactions: riversportsfan
I stand corrected. I had RHS ahead if they both win out by 2, but I see my error. Thanks for the info. I like the min/max points

You never know what can happen in the playoffs. Middlesex has an awesome athlete at QB, could be an interesting first round match-up for someone. Mathews is much improved; I am not saying that these teams are going to win a championship, but they have upset potential.

Brunswick only losing to LCA 14 --- are you kidding me?
LCA places 3-5 kids on D-1 Rosters yearly

The whole northern neck might not have 5 kids total with D 1 rides for the past decade

Brunswick only losing to LCA 14 --- are you kidding me?
LCA places 3-5 kids on D-1 Rosters yearly

The whole northern neck might not have 5 kids total with D 1 rides for the past decade
So again I ask you, What quality win does a 3-5 Brunswick team have? I see no one has really stepped up to the plate to dispell my notion that Franklin & Sussex Resume is the most impressive. Still waiting......

You just don't get it.... Sometimes good losses are just as good as wins especially at the lower levels. It tells you a lot about a team.

When your only wins are against 1A teams who are bad that tells me all I need to know.

I call b/s.....Franklin & Sussex haven't beaten any good teams lol Brunswick has only 3 wins and 2 of them are against 1A teams lol They were competitive in that game and you are using that as a basis to say they are a good team? UVA almost beat Notre Dame this year but I bet you wouldn't consider them a good football team. Call a spade a spade that is all I am saying. Those teams have just as Suspect resume's as Luray and Rapp

Rapp beat Nandua, West Point, Matthews, Middlesex, Colonial Beach, and Lancaster correct??? If so that gives them one win against a 2A school( Nandua lol). Sussex beat Charles City, Southampton, Park View, Windsor, Brunswick, Colonial Beach. That gives them victories over two 3A's and a 2A. Not sure if its a large margin but I think Sussex played a better schedule. Just my opinion...I guess we can agree to disagree but most importantly that's why we have the playoffs...neither team has accomplished anything unless they make and win it all in Salem. But once again that's just my opinion...none of this is facts! Just football talk....

Reactions: 20Bronco06
Rapp beat Nandua, West Point, Matthews, Middlesex, Colonial Beach, and Lancaster correct??? If so that gives them one win against a 2A school( Nandua lol). Sussex beat Charles City, Southampton, Park View, Windsor, Brunswick, Colonial Beach. That gives them victories over two 3A's and a 2A. Not sure if its a large margin but I think Sussex played a better schedule. Just my opinion...I guess we can agree to disagree but most importantly that's why we have the playoffs...neither team has accomplished anything unless they make and win it all in Salem. But once again that's just my opinion...none of this is facts! Just football talk....
I would tend to agree with you that Sussex prob has had a tougher schedule but my whole argument was that some of these folks were making it seem like a landslide that Sussex schedule was so tough. I mean Park View would be the only quality win to set their schedules apart. Like you said, that's what the playoffs are for

Reactions: TIGER...NATION
I have Essex projected to jump Riverheads on last week by 1 point if both teams win remaining 2 games. I have Essex finishing with 275 and Riverheads with 274.

I have King George defeating Chancellor this week so if KG loses that one Riverheads could finish 1 point ahead.
I dont know anything about either King George or Chancellor but if you go to the VHSL Game Simulator it has Chancellor winning 83% of the time. Chancellor has won 13 of the last 14 meetings.

They usually play a pretty close game most years. Some might think King George could win since they just knocked off Courtland who beat Chancellor a couple weeks ago 34-13.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT