ADVERTISEMENT

GW-54 chil-15 FINAL!!!

Like I said guys it's a mix our varsity usually always plays half of the 3rd. But didn't last night because it was getting extremely chippy. Helmets getting ripped off late hits ect. Beamer was in at QB all of the 3rd with a jv line. The rest was 3s then in the 4th it was all JV. I'm not the biggest Harner fan but he is finally coaching the kids very well and wouldn't risk the season to let kids play. I'm very positive that everything GW is doing is on the up and up. If we did leave varsity in we would've won by more than 100 in 5 of our 6 wins. When that team is on they are deadly and can hang massive amounts of points. When they are off and fumble the ball inside there own 25 twice and 2 more time after that. They get beat 45-20 not taking the win away from Galax the abused us. But as I've said we helped a whole lot. I'll say it here and now if that game happens again GW will roll if they are on.
If Galax showed up played like they were capable of playing they could possibly abuse you again but if they continue play like they have the last couple of weeks GW probably would roll. GW plays in a week district period. They don't have any competition in that district which could hurt them come playoff time. I've only see GW play once and they were man handled all night so that's all I have to go on. GW is a very good team but they play week competition. Bunch of ifs and all we have to go on is what already happened. Galax got whipped by Fort plain and simple and if they played again maybe Galax would get the win but all we have to go on is what already happened and Fort won just like Galax whipped GW.

Last edited:
I don't disagree about the district never have. And thankfully we are out of it next season. And yes you did manhandle GW that night but can you honestly say that we didn't give gifts all night? Was GW not taking the top off of your D and just stopped passing it? And if Galax can use the excuse of well we've lost 2 by being off and makimg mistakes why can't GW? The answers don't matter really that game is over and on that night Galax was better no question. And hell there is a strong chance they don't play again this year. But none of us will know until the playoffs. If the Tide continues to win and GW does they will meet again. At they time we will see if it was GW being off or if it was Galax just being that much better.

Reactions: Chilwar25
I don't disagree about the district never have. And thankfully we are out of it next season. And yes you did manhandle GW that night but can you honestly say that we didn't give gifts all night? Was GW not taking the top off of your D and just stopped passing it? And if Galax can use the excuse of well we've lost 2 by being off and makimg mistakes why can't GW? The answers don't matter really that game is over and on that night Galax was better no question. And hell there is a strong chance they don't play again this year. But none of us will know until the playoffs. If the Tide continues to win and GW does they will meet again. At they time we will see if it was GW being off or if it was Galax just being that much better.
Galax got their ass's whipped the last 2 weeks plain and simple. Galax didn't play their best but idk if it would've really mattered if they had of played their best because they didn't and that's all we can go on. All I said was if Galax played like they've the last two weeks GW probably would roll didnt say Fort and Graham wouldn't have beat them.

I got what you're saying and never said that you said they didn't get beat. You were one of the first ones to congratulate FC on the win. I don't think anyone can honestly say Galax and GW aren't the class of the West. If they do then they aren't to up on high school football. Yes the West has a few good teams this year but Galax and GW are a step above the rest. But if either one of them don't show up they will be out of the playoffs quickly. GW better come ready to play next Friday or they will have loss #2. I hated all over PH last season and it almost bit me in the ass. Won't happen again

How did the game between a very good GW team and a improved Chillhowie turn into another discussion about Galax/GW? Just asking cause I actually like hearing about the football in SWVA after the great experience we had last year with both teams. I was legitimately asking about the constant JV playing comments and it turns to another ifs and buts discussion. IF Covington hadn't turned the ball over against us in the second game of the season we would have lost. IF RE Lee didn't go away from their offense every time they got to the Red Zone, they may have won. Life is full of ifs and the sports world is of course seen through the eyes of a fan for most so the ifs become more personal. Fact is Galax won and IF they play again it's a different game as both teams will have changed slightly. I don't care who a team plays they still have to win and get better as the season progresses. Some teams do that and some never evolve beyond the X's and O's that they started with at their first camp. Thing is it will all be settled on the field and nothing any of us say on here impacts the outcome.

Reactions: naildriver91
How did the game between a very good GW team and a improved Chillhowie turn into another discussion about Galax/GW? Just asking cause I actually like hearing about the football in SWVA after the great experience we had last year with both teams. I was legitimately asking about the constant JV playing comments and it turns to another ifs and buts discussion. IF Covington hadn't turned the ball over against us in the second game of the season we would have lost. IF RE Lee didn't go away from their offense every time they got to the Red Zone, they may have won. Life is full of ifs and the sports world is of course seen through the eyes of a fan for most so the ifs become more personal. Fact is Galax won and IF they play again it's a different game as both teams will have changed slightly. I don't care who a team plays they still have to win and get better as the season progresses. Some teams do that and some never evolve beyond the X's and O's that they started with at their first camp. Thing is it will all be settled on the field and nothing any of us say on here impacts the outcome.
Because it was stated in this thread that nobody from SWVA could beat GW when someone already did, that's how it got back to Galax and GW

Mt Fan, sorry I got you all up in a titer about my opinion of GW, but if you READ it word
For Word, you will see that it is a compliment to Galax in the fact that Galax
Did beat GW. If you interpret it any other way, well that is your problem, not
Mine.

Last edited:
It was a rhetorical question. I get that both fan bases are passionate so I am sure any thing that one says about the other gets the required response. In the little I have kinda followed Blaster, he will always say that no one can hang with GW. Is he right, more times than not. Galax is a threat to their dominance over that end of the state in 1A so there is a special dislike for anything that a Galax fan would say. Trust me, when Wilson held sway over us for two years, I hated the color green, lol. So I get the back and forth. I can't wait for the second season to start so all the soft schedule bs is not part of the discussion and you win or start basketball practice. It will be an exciting playoffs and I am going to be watching as much as I can on both sides of the bracket.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Mt Fan, sorry I got you all up in a titer about my opinion of GW, but if you READ it word
For Word, you will see that it is a compliment to Galax in the fact that Galax
Did beat GW. If you interpret it any other way, well that is your problem, not
Mine.
I did read it word for word and I just stated that have been beat by team I SWVA and no team in 1A is unbeatable so maybe the problem is yours.

Haha we can't hate each other's colors they are the same. And yes once the playoffs start it all comes down to who really is a good team. Soon enough it will be here and the talk will not matter it's win or go home a break out the basketballs. And yes I toot that GW horn like no other but most of the time it's not far off. GW-56 Chil-14 was my score I was 3 points off. I don't make these bold predictions to piss on anyone parade. I make them cause we really have the talent to beat up on all of the teams we play. And most of the time do Galax is the only team to hold us under 40. And I really don't see anyone else doing that until the playoffs.

Hey guys, let's put this baby to bed. I certainly have a great deal of respect for all
Schools we are discussing, and very proud of the fact that we have some very
Passionate fans that will defend their schools to the fullest, no matter what.
We are talking about kids, children, not adults. We must be good role models,
And we are on the verge of taking this thing over the limit of being good role models,
And that is not good for all. So let's end this discussion in good faith for our
Youth. Thanks and God Bless!

Haha we can't hate each other's colors they are the same. And yes once the playoffs start it all comes down to who really is a good team. Soon enough it will be here and the talk will not matter it's win or go home a break out the basketballs. And yes I toot that GW horn like no other but most of the time it's not far off. GW-56 Chil-14 was my score I was 3 points off. I don't make these bold predictions to piss on anyone parade. I make them cause we really have the talent to beat up on all of the teams we play. And most of the time do Galax is the only team to hold us under 40. And I really don't see anyone else doing that until the playoffs.
Galax will not make a run in the playoffs unless something changes but I'm hoping the team that beat GW will come back around by playoff time but like I said earlier GW would roll them the way they're playing right now. Time will tell what everyone is made of.

I'd love to see a Parry McCluer And Galax and a PM, GW match up. Just to see what we are made of.
I haven't seen PM play but I would have to say they are probably one of the best from the west. I don't think many will want to see them come playoff time.

It's this simple the West is full of fire breathing monsters. The top of the West will eat the competition then have to battle each other. This is a good year to be a football fan. Best of luck to everyone going forward.

Reactions: oldballcoach13
Of all the teams I have seen gw galax narrows pm. PM is the best hands down going to be a exciting Nov for sure

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if PM ends up being the best of the bunch. I know you haven't seen em, and didn't include them, but Hurley wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't think anyone is saying that playing younger players is wrong. It's against the rules to have them play Wed/Thurs against other 8/9/10 graders then play again for a half on Friday. I am sure GW doesn't have a problem getting 45-55 Varsity players come out to play. I am a not insinuating that whatever is taking place at GW is wrong but to state that the JV is playing implies it is the same kids that just played earlier in the same week. If for no other reason that is a stretch to do consistently if you are at all concerned with the safety of these young men. What we see in this area is that the players that are brought in are the 2's and 3's.... and until the final game of the season no JV players are in uniform on Friday. As for running it up with second or third string, coaches still call plays and can control the game. I am on the fence about that too because if the kid is in he should be going full out and deserves to get whatever outcome he can. i suppose it may just be semantics when someone refers to a younger player as a JV player. Either way it doesn't affect me so I was just curious as to how a kid played a complete JV season and still was eligible to play basically a half of the Varsity season.

I agree, actually. The rule is the rule. The irony of it hearing we are playing JV kids too much is just a complete opposite of what we are accustomed to hearing, and it's just....different lol. Like I said, I'm sure the quarters are being monitored, and I trust that they are. Honestly, a lot of biased observations from casual fans to boost the perception of their teams should be taken with a grain of salt. But hey, we are all guilty of that to some degree.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if PM ends up being the best of the bunch. I know you haven't seen em, and didn't include them, but Hurley wouldn't surprise me either.
I wouldn't want to play either of them at this point and time, two quality teams.

I watched PM the last 4 games, they are the real deal! Offense, defense, special teams, they have it all. In the older days they was run run run, now they have a gunslinger at qb who can move. I would like to see PM v Hurley or PM v RH. Not counting out the other teams at all I'm just true in my belief that PM Hurley and Riverheads is the cream of the crop.

Alot of people on here will try and roast me over this but Hurley isn't really at the top. Yes the starters are good but it is a steep "Cliff" after that. 11 on 11 they might compete with some of the real top for a while. But once depth takes affect they will fall behind. Now could I be extremely wrong yep but only time will tell. For me the West is 3 teams GW, Galax and PM after that it's alot of ok teams who can beat other ok teams. But there are 3 real contenders.

Rules are rules. Play ineligible players and someone investigates you risk forfeiting games. It would not likely be an issue until late in the season and the jv season is over. It might also help if people didn't blast it all over the internet

GW had 3 actual JV games so I think all this Quarters/Investigation nonsense is gonna be useless... and THANK YOU... it wouldn't be any issue if he we didn't have certain "unnamed" people are here literally "Blasting" the entire report on our team week by week to give all other schools the scoop on his "team". Let the kids play and let the coaches control the game, think these guys know what they're doing, It's shown so far...

If you take issue with my posting on preps then how about you take some pride in our team and you do it. Don't come at me about my posts when you have 2. And please explain to me why it's so wrong of me to talk about GW but it's cool for others to talk about there team. Every damn thing I say people get mad about well oh boo hoo. Get over it I'm always going to post what I want about GW or anyone else. I'm allowed to have my opinion just as you are. I love how my posting actual facts about the game as it's happening is BLASTING. Did we not win 54-15? Did we not have a good # of jv players in the game? So what was it that I said that was false?

Last edited:
Hey guys, let's put this baby to bed. I certainly have a great deal of respect for all
Schools we are discussing, and very proud of the fact that we have some very
Passionate fans that will defend their schools to the fullest, no matter what.
We are talking about kids, children, not adults. We must be good role models,
And we are on the verge of taking this thing over the limit of being good role models,
And that is not good for all. So let's end this discussion in good faith for our
Youth. Thanks and God Bless!

,[/QUOTE

Blaster, I have no idea what got you on the rant you are on, but I thought you "liked"
My post to put that baby to bed about game quarters, 2,3, and whatever you where
Talking about. My God, Stop making a some of those comments that sound terrible,
And show respect for others.

GW had 3 actual JV games so I think all this Quarters/Investigation nonsense is gonna be useless... and THANK YOU... it wouldn't be any issue if he we didn't have certain "unnamed" people are here literally "Blasting" the entire report on our team week by week to give all other schools the scoop on his "team". Let the kids play and let the coaches control the game, think these guys know what they're doing, It's shown so far...
Yep, I doubt the coaches appreciate that

Blaster, I told you some time back, post what you want to.....We all know you,
And know your passion for GW. We are not going to expect anything less than
Your passionate words about GW.

Yes some folks get upset when you tend to put other schools down in your post.
I do not think that you know you do that when you are posting your thoughts.
It just comes out wrong sometimes, and sounds like you are putting the other
Team down and demeaning a team that is trying very hard to be what GW is
In football. Be proud, but also make the others proud also.

Put yourselve in the shoes of the other folks you are talking about. It just may
Allow you to see what you are saying that gets under the skin of some people.
Think about it, before you put it in print! Just a suggestion.

See that I can respect Chilwar gives words of advice. Rather than try to be snarky. Thank you Chilwar I really do have a great deal of respect for you. And contrary to belief I do respect the opponents of GW. And yes my comment come off as me being an ass sometimes. Most of the time to some but it's really just me voicing my honest thoughts.

Reactions: Chilwar25
Blaster, one thing for sure....you could never be a politician. Why ? Because you do
Tell it like it is, and hold nothing back! Is that a good or bad trait for you? It is good
That you do tell the truth, but to some, the truth hurts, espically when talking about
Their kids or school.

I admire your passion for GW, and the love you have for those kids you coached in
Sandlot ball. What a great gift you have to be so knowledgeable in the sport of foot-
Ball. You are truly blessed and I envy you that you have that kind of knowledge.

Blaster, you continue to Support GW, in your way. Just a word of advise; be careful
That you don't hurt the feelings of others and their kids. We are all big boys and can
Take it, but be sensitive with your words; that will keep you out of trouble with others.

Like I said, sometimes the truth does hurt, and we don't want a lot of people out there
Hurting. I care for you, and admire your honesty. Like I said, you could never be a
Politician! God Speed, My Freind !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT