ADVERTISEMENT

GW 54 Patrick County 14

Halifax to the Seminole District would certainly be interesting. Halifax isn’t exactly the a powerhouse over one sport, but pretty balanced overall. The old basketball rivalry with Glass would be pretty epic. Baseball/Softball season would be pretty interesting indeed. With Park View/Bluestone combining (which I see a great rivalry with Halifax forming with that ) they’ll probably be added to the 4D region to help balance it out. The problem is would the be in Tri-Rivers or James River District? Perhaps Patrick County moves to Tri Rivers and The PV/BS moves to the Piedmont, so the district just shifts about 30 minutes East
Probably the best option! I think the new combined Mecklenburg school is going have some real good athletic teams. Only question is do they join the Piedmont or the Central District? Central is loaded, the Piedmont could definitely use the added competition.

Probably the best option! I think the new combined Mecklenburg school is going have some real good athletic teams. Only question is do they join the Piedmont or the Central District? Central is loaded, the Piedmont could definitely use the added competition.
I think that Central is entirely too packed for Park View to be competitive. Maybe take away Patrick County, Basset, Martinsville, and Magna Vista and divide them up between 3 Rivers and the Mountain Empire Districts. Take Chatham, Dan River, and maybe Gretna to the Piedmont District. I could see Rustburg added into the mix as well from the Seminole District.

With that:

Piedmont District:

GW
Halifax
PV/BS
Tunstall
Dan River
Chatham
Gretna
Rustburg

Mountain Empire:

Auburn
Bland
Fort Chiswell
Galax
Grayson County
Wythe
Patrick County
Martinsville

Three Rivers:

Alleghany
Carroll County
Floyd County
Giles
Glenvar
James River
Radford
Magna Vista
Bassett

All schools would be under two hours away from PV/BS from this. All Pittsylvania County schools together (Besides Galileo, which doesn't participate in a lot of sports) would benefit from this. This is more of what the Piedmont District should geographically look like, anyhow

Goad was so good that he was the Roanoke Times defensive player of the year on a 0-10 team. 6'3"-6'4" and about 265 and could really move. Played lb on defense and made tackles from sideline to sideline. He left alot of pancakes and waffles in his wake.

So is it a lock that new consolidated school will be opening in Mecklenburg soon? If so, any idea what the school name will be?

Is this a high school or a semi pro team? That’s just as bad as the Staunton Storm :confused:

I went and read an article about the name and, just like the school name changes up here in Northern Virginia, it seems as if the schoolboard kept re-voting (4 times from what I'm reading, unless I misunderstood) until the vote went in favor of Phoenix. Not that I necessarily have an issue with that name since Elon has used it for years. Could be worse...could be the "Pride"

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I think other names that were considered in Mecklenburg were Mudcats and Mustangs. I think there was a 3rd M name. They also had some different school names instead of the boring Mecklenburg High, but never made it far.

Wonder why Boydton High School wasn't considered. Not knowing anything about Mecklenburg county other that Boydton is the county seat.

If you combine the enrollment of both schools, would they be Class 4? Bluestone's enrollment is 550 and Parkview's is 1200 so that would make 1750. Am I missing something?

The last VHSL ADM enrollment numbers, that were used for this two year cycle, has Parkview at 762 and Bluestone at 532. That equals out to 1294. Halifax was at 1485 and dropping and GW was 1306. Don't know where you got 1200 for PV, that school can barely house the 700-800 they have now.

The last VHSL ADM enrollment numbers, that were used for this two year cycle, has Parkview at 762 and Bluestone at 532. That equals out to 1294. Halifax was at 1485 and dropping and GW was 1306. Don't know where you got 1200 for PV, that school can barely house the 700-800 they have now.

Google did me wrong lol

If your school is the only one in your town/city/county there's a really high chance it'll be named as such just for simplicity's sake.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
You’d think Mecklenburg County would go for something more along the lines of “Aggies” or “Lakers”.. Would fit the 1 county high school perfectly and be a unique name.

I think some of the names thrown around were Park Stone, Stoneview, and Lakeside.

Thankfully they went with Mecklenburg County. Mecklenburg Central or just plain ol Mecklenburg would have been fine also. Lakers would have been a good name IMO. Something to do with the area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT