ADVERTISEMENT

GW-9 PM-14 FINAL!!!

He still has his best team yet to come at Pulaski. I’m thinking he may stick around in P- town.
Yeah I don't think he is going anywhere yet. And if the RUMORS I'm hearing are true I'll be extremely happy with the next chapter of GW football. I'm not saying who or what but I hope it's true. Again RUMORS

If we do we do if we don't well... I will say this don't be surprised if we do his seat if on FIRE!!! The parents are basically packing up his house for him and renting the uhaul. I had the parents of 5 returning players for next year who will be starters as they are this year tell me that if he is in anyway shape or form involved with GW football they will take their kids to FC. And I've had the kids tell me the same.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
GW will be lucky to go 2-8 next year if he is still here someone screen shot this post so next year when we have our first loosing season in 20+ years I can say told ya so.

Pump. The. Brakes....

Look, I'm not a Harner fan. I think he's done a grave injustice to our kids too...

But if a kid wants to use that as an excuse to transfer, let em go. To say things like that tells me they didn't appreciate the Maroon and Grey anyway. It was never their priority.

If that's the kids' or parents' priority, not only are they in for the rudest of awakenings, buy their priorities are whack, too.

Yes, I just said "whack" in 2017. Sue me.

Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

And if you think that I'm not right, you can kindly GTFO too.

MAROON PRIDE.

*end transmission*

If we do we do if we don't well... I will say this don't be surprised if we do his seat if on FIRE!!! The parents are basically packing up his house for him and renting the uhaul. I had the parents of 5 returning players for next year who will be starters as they are this year tell me that if he is in anyway shape or form involved with GW football they will take their kids to FC. And I've had the kids tell me the same.
We will welcome all who want to come and we Will have a new OC for next year.

I can promise that to he isn't the name I've heard. As I said I will not say who and like I said above we may not see any change at all. But I wouldn't be surprised to see changes from coaching staff and above.

Pump. The. Brakes....

Look, I'm not a Harner fan. I think he's done a grave injustice to our kids too...

But if a kid wants to use that as an excuse to transfer, let em go. To say things like that tells me they didn't appreciate the Maroon and Grey anyway. It was never their priority.

If that's the kids' or parents' priority, not only are they in for the rudest of awakenings, buy their priorities are whack, too.

Yes, I just said "whack" in 2017. Sue me.

Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

And if you think that I'm not right, you can kindly GTFO too.

MAROON PRIDE.

*end transmission*
Haha you may have just revived the phrase "whack" and I don't disagree that GW wasn't their priority but I can also see it from the kids and parents view. They simply don't want to play for someone like him. I've said it many times he is a good dude outside of football. But on that field he is hated by many it sucks but it's the truth. At this point it probably best for all involved to just part was. He should've began his HC journey at a school who has a loosing tradition and tried to rebuild that program. Not come to a school that usually always has success in some form and try and tweet it.

I hope your right about a couple of the changes your hearing about. I'm not at all saying Harner needs to go. I think it's important to remember that HE too is just a pawn(puppet) so to speak. I think you of all people have a good enough understanding about GW football to realize that there were some things brewing amongst the players, parents and even above the coaches control. I'm just simply saying IMO it is probably difficult to coach when EVERYONE around you has a different agenda! I too am hearing some of the same rumors u are hearing about kids wanting to leave. Sad to know the players and parents don't feel comfortable enough to try to fix the problem. Just saying...

Haha you may have just revived the phrase "whack" and I don't disagree that GW wasn't their priority but I can also see it from the kids and parents view. They simply don't want to play for someone like him. I've said it many times he is a good dude outside of football. But on that field he is hated by many it sucks but it's the truth. At this point it probably best for all involved to just part was. He should've began his HC journey at a school who has a loosing tradition and tried to rebuild that program. Not come to a school that usually always has success in some form and try and tweet it.

Don't get me wrong, I know in some cases, it's best for a kid's future to transfer, but I can't think of a single kid in the program where it would make sense to do so. I wouldn't want to play for the man, either, but there are a ton of reasons to go out and play with pride regardless of who is coach. Again, some folks' priorities are just backwards. Let em go! I'd rather watch a 2-8 team full of kids that want to play anyways.

I'm hoping we part ways as well, and that's an entirely different conversation. But this transfer chatter is just silly and childish. If parents think that is the solution, then they need to take a long, hard look into the mirror, because they are just as much part of the problem as Brandon Harner. Maybe even more so.

Well I dont know the coach, can only take your word for it. But, if these kids are planning on transferring to another school for football, they better be renting the uhaul soon. You can't just switch schools at beginning of school year and live in another area. So to play at FC or anywhere else, they would have to move

Well I dont know the coach, can only take your word for it. But, if these kids are planning on transferring to another school for football, they better be renting the uhaul soon. You can't just switch schools at beginning of school year and live in another area. So to play at FC or anywhere else, they would have to move
or have a family member or friend with local address

Most of the time if a kid is good enough they will find

It is around here, they let kids transfer and play with no governing of if they actually live where they say they are living.

That's not right. Maybe we up here can form a Augusta County team. With the good teams around here, that would be a very good team. It's amazing there is 5 teams and 7 with the 2 city schools in the area and there are a lot of areas with only 1 team in a county

These are average players, no one is fighting over them.

I am not sure if not liking your coach is a reason to transfer anyways.

The parents should not back this type of behavior, sounds like they are crying over something.

I think where the Wytheville schools had such low test scores across the state many years ago, they allow kids to go to any of the schools in the county. I know a Wytheville kid can go to Ft. C or RR if they want.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Yeah there is a catch to the whole thing tho. If u go to gw all year this year u can't just up and decide fort is a better fit unless u either physically move or lie about ur address and use a friend or family members. Pretty sure u can switch schools at anytime throughout the year but won't be eligible in the current years sports unless u have an address change. However u choose to obtain one. Kinda sad to see that it's even an option.

Never been any problem with kids stacking up, if your the star at Ft.C, RR, or GW. These kids don't jump ship, they play each other from the second grade on every year, so if you actually play you don't ever want to play for the other schools regardless of the coach. You switch because most likely your not good enough to play where you are because the coach don't like you?!

Yeah there is a catch to the whole thing tho. If u go to gw all year this year u can't just up and decide fort is a better fit unless u either physically move or lie about ur address and use a friend or family members. Pretty sure u can switch schools at anytime throughout the year but won't be eligible in the current years sports unless u have an address change. However u choose to obtain one. Kinda sad to see that it's even an option.

That was my point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT