ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville vs Dinwiddie

I agree @Phoebus Fan and thanks for an honest critique. Dinwiddie still has work to do especially on offense. With each game our pass protection and route running will improve. Mills knows what this teams weaknesses were/are and the staff are putting the work in. Good luck next week.

I agree @Phoebus Fan and thanks for an honest critique. Dinwiddie still has work to do especially on offense. With each game our pass protection and route running will improve. Mills knows what this teams weaknesses were/are and the staff are putting the work in. Good luck next week.
Yeah Mills is a state championship coach. Week by week it’s only going to get better. Just know I definitely want round 3 in Hampton this year so I’m rooting for y’all hard! Good luck to y’all next week (even though y’all don’t need it.). Get out that game healthy and get prepared for that test on the 15th.

They don’t have it in the trenches this year. Salem will have a winning season, they will likely win out in the regular season, but come playoff time when you meet teams like Dinwiddie, or Phoebus!! Salem will struggle to move the ball consistently
Struggle just like the rest of the state of VA would struggle. Phoebus and Dinwiddie are 2 of the best programs in the state. It will take a great game plan and the ball to bounce your way to beat them.

Struggle just like the rest of the state of VA would struggle. Phoebus and Dinwiddie are 2 of the best programs in the state. It will take a great game plan and the ball to bounce your way to beat them.
They would straight up embarrass Salem

@BoKnowsSports, @Mic Honcho, @Chuck Vipperman (GW), and other GW fans. Don't get down on your Eagles. I checked the stats and as I thought your defense played quite well. GW kept Dinwiddie under 300 yards in total offense. Sure the Eagles missed a few tackles and struggled to stop Dalton, but your defensive backs played press coverage all night and did it well. The Danville linebackers are solid as well. My only critiques would be the Eagles offensive line who although much bigger were seriously outplayed by Dinwiddies smaller and faster front seven. Your receivers also need to concentrate and make clean catches. If GW can establish a running game that compliments their ability to pass they will be just fine. Good luck the rest of the season.
Pretty good assessment. I don't feel QUITE as bad after having watched some film this evening, especially about the defense. Dalton is just on another level. McDowell was a hoss as well.

They would straight up embarrass Salem
Maybe they would. What's your point? Dinwiddie has a great team. Still has to be proven on the field. I'm sure LCA and Salem would be good games for Dinwiddie.
I get it. You want Salem to lose and get embarrassed. That's ok. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Maybe they would. What's your point? Dinwiddie has a great team. Still has to be proven on the field. I'm sure LCA and Salem would be good games for Dinwiddie.
I get it. You want Salem to lose and get embarrassed. That's ok. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
I’m beginning to see why people can’t stand Salem fans. As a Salem fan this makes me sad! I guess I should just take my big ole bite of the Salem fan wagon cookie, and take a big ole gulp of the Salem fan wagon kool aid. Be completely oblivious of football and just sing rah rah for Salem!! Ok. Got it!!! I’m so sorry I’ve been out of touch with my inner Salem, it’s been tough over here in realville!! I need to come back to fantasy island!!

Reactions: OCBoy
I’m beginning to see why people can’t stand Salem fans. As a Salem fan this makes me sad! I guess I should just take my big ole bite of the Salem fan wagon cookie, and take a big ole gulp of the Salem fan wagon kool aid. Be completely oblivious of football and just sing rah rah for Salem!! Ok. Got it!!! I’m so sorry I’ve been out of touch with my inner Salem, it’s been tough over here in realville!! I need to come back to fantasy island!!
I don't know what your deal is. You know it's just high school football right? You come on here and post the obvious. Ex Salem will beat HV and Cave. But will struggle against teams like Dinwiddie and Phoebus. No s**t.

Then you say Salem would get humiliated by Dinwiddie. Maybe they would. The problem is Salem is not as bad as you think they are. You are 100% negative on a group of 15-19 yr old kids that will win 10-12 games. After losing to LCA. How about you give LCA credit for winning the game. You do realize that LCA was one holding call away from beating Phoebus in the title game 2021.
I guess having a successful season means you have to be the state champ. That's far from the truth. Then you attach a players character. That just shows what your character is.

If you get upset that fans take up for their kids, that's your issue. I would expect any fan base to stand up for their kids. Salem fans on this sight have not made any crazy statements about being some unbeatable team. So I don't know what your problem is.
When you post about kids you need expect some push back

Struggle against Fleming and PH is what I said actually!! Get it straight!! Don’t worry, I got my cookie and kool aid. Ima do better massa

PS what does the past have to do with now? 2021?? Seriously?? Does winning a state title 3 times in a row in the past make you deserve it now? Or make you a contender now? Point I was trying to make at first was you can’t just be a bully on the field of you ain’t a bully! You can have the best running back in the world and he hasn’t a line to run power behind and you run power, it’s not gonna work out for the running back. So why keep doing it? Sure it will work against lesser teams but good teams will do just what LCA did last night. Unfortunately whenever anyone says anything about changing it up, all we hear about is the past and how it worked back then. Do we have the same line as we did back then? Are we as big and physical as we were back then?? Does those big players from the past put some sort of juju on current players to make them worthy? No. The problem with you fantasy island fans is you can’t take any sort of criticism because by God we are Salem!! We can do no wrong!! A lot of the past Salem teams ran spread, true spread.

Last edited:
Struggle against Fleming and PH is what I said actually!! Get it straight!! Don’t worry, I got my cookie and kool aid. Ima do better massa

PS what does the past have to do with now? 2021?? Seriously?? Does winning a state title 3 times in a row in the past make you deserve it now? Or make you a contender now? Point I was trying to make at first was you can’t just be a bully on the field of you ain’t a bully! You can have the best running back in the world and he hasn’t a line to run power behind and you run power, it’s not gonna work out for the running back. So why keep doing it? Sure it will work against lesser teams but good teams will do just what LCA did last night. Unfortunately whenever anyone says anything about changing it up, all we hear about is the past and how it worked back then. Do we have the same line as we did back then? Are we as big and physical as we were back then?? Does those big players from the past put some sort of juju on current players to make them worthy? No. The problem with you fantasy island fans is you can’t take any sort of criticism because by God we are Salem!! We can do no wrong!! A lot of the past Salem teams ran spread, true spread.
I'm pretty sure I saw on one of your posts that Salem will beat the teams in the regular season and lose to a good team in the playoffs. I did see where you said they would struggle vs WF and PH. PH can definitely win that game. Either way that's just obvious.
Now the reason I mentioned the LCA championship game was to give credit to their program.
So you really think Salem can just ditch what they have been doing for yrs and win by im guessing spreading the field. You really think Salem can just drop back in shotgun and throw the ball all over the field? In my opinion that would lead to a 6-7 season.
Obviously what happened in the past has no bearing on this season.
You need to apply for the head coaching job since you know so much. Then we can sit back and critique you.

I'm pretty sure I saw on one of your posts that Salem will beat the teams in the regular season and lose to a good team in the playoffs. I did see where you said they would struggle vs WF and PH. PH can definitely win that game. Either way that's just obvious.
Now the reason I mentioned the LCA championship game was to give credit to their program.
So you really think Salem can just ditch what they have been doing for yrs and win by im guessing spreading the field. You really think Salem can just drop back in shotgun and throw the ball all over the field? In my opinion that would lead to a 6-7 season.
Obviously what happened in the past has no bearing on this season.
You need to apply for the head coaching job since you know so much. Then we can sit back and critique you.
Do you think that’s all the spread is? Alot of those teams in the past ran spread.. where do I apply?

Do you think that’s all the spread is? Alot of those teams in the past ran spread.. where do I apply
I know there's more to it. What works for one school doesn't work for others. Your a smart person, I'm sure you know where to apply.

Hell probably should go ahead and tell the coach at Riverheads to change their offense too while we are at it.

Salem can run whatever they want to run win or lose. The most important thing about football is mentoring these boys into men.

Pretty good assessment. I don't feel QUITE as bad after having watched some film this evening, especially about the defense. Dalton is just on another level. McDowell was a hoss as well.
@Chuck Vipperman (GW), I didn't see anything out of GW that makes me think they can't compete in Region D. I have seen Glass and Salem on film and you may be a small tier below. GW really does have some talent that deserves respect. They played and beat a Huguenot team with several DI players. Athletically the Eagles are as good as most. I am extremely humble regarding my Generals and I thought you played us well. Once you get behind and start trying to force things against us things can snowball quickly. Dinwiddie likes to play the field advantage, quick strike game and did just that. I think we punted once. I thought for the most part the GW coaching staff had the Eagles prepared. They just need to clean up a few things and possess the ball a bit more. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way.

By the way, I think someone hijacked our thread. I know Dinwiddie fanbase/program respects the Spartans program and their fans. However, Dinwiddie would love to just savor the moment and appreciate the fact that we came back after being beaten soundly in week 0. In case you haven't checked the Generals have eight regular season games forthcoming with several against very formidable squads. Maury (Class 5 finalist) Hopewell (numerous times state champion) Thomas Dale (two time state champion and arch rival), and Matoaca are all ranked in the VAPreps Top Ten. Not to mention at least 5 or 6 Region B teams and a sleeping giant named the Phantoms that we would need to beat to even get the chance to play Salem. @Kilroy25, I appreciate your confidence in the Generals, but I believe we have way too much work to do before we even contemplate your suggestion. Have a nice evening.

Last edited:
@Chuck Vipperman (GW), I didn't see anything out of GW that makes me think they can't compete in Region D. I have seen Glass and Salem on film and you may be a small tier below. GW really does have some talent that deserves respect. They played and beat a Huguenot team with several DI players. Athletically the Eagles are as good as most. I am extremely humble regarding my Generals and I thought you played us well. Once you get behind and start trying to force things against us things can snowball quickly. Dinwiddie likes to play the field advantage, quick strike game and did just that. I think we punted once. I thought for the most part the GW coaching staff had the Eagles prepared. They just need to clean up a few things and possess the ball a bit more. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way.

By the way, I think someone hijacked our thread. I know Dinwiddie fanbase/program respects the Spartans program and their fans. However, Dinwiddie would love to just savor the moment and appreciate the fact that we came back after being beaten soundly in week 0. In case you haven't checked the Generals have eight regular season games forthcoming with several against very formidable squads. Maury (Class 5 finalist) Hopewell (numerous times state champion) Thomas Dale (two time state champion and arch rival), and Matoaca are all ranked in the VAPreps Top Ten. Not to mention at least 5 or 6 Region B teams and a sleeping giant named the Phantoms that we would need to beat to even get the chance to play Salem. @Kilroy25, I appreciate your confidence in the Generals, but I believe we have way too much work to do before we even contemplate your suggestion. Have a nice evening.
Dinwiddie will definitely be battle tested. Love watching them play. Tried watching this game but the camera kept moving off the players. I apologize for our tangent on your thread.

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Agree 👍

Mad respect for you @SFUWO. Not condoning his attack on Lewis, but I think @Kilroy25 has made some valid points in the past two years. I can tell you it's never any fun playing the Spartans. I have played in, coached in, officiated, and watched a lot of amazing games, but the 2016 State Final still is one of my favorites. It took a perfect performance by the Spartans to beat Dinwiddie and they did it. I still occasionally punish myself and watch it on YouTube. I loved Bryce Witt, Sturdivant, Freeman, Pope, and the rest of our boys from that team. No one can question the run the Spartans had from 2014-2017. They beat some stud teams (Lake Taylor, Dinwiddie, and Louisa). Have a safe evening brother. Protect your six.

Reactions: SFUWO
Mad respect for you @SFUWO. Not condoning his attack on Lewis, but I think @Kilroy25 has made some valid points in the past two years. I can tell you it's never any fun playing the Spartans. I have played in, coached in, officiated, and watched a lot of amazing games, but the 2016 State Final still is one of my favorites. It took a perfect performance by the Spartans to beat Dinwiddie and they did it. I still occasionally punish myself and watch it on YouTube. I loved Bryce Witt, Sturdivant, Freeman, Pope, and the rest of our boys from that team. No one can question the run the Spartans had from 2014-2017. They beat some stud teams (Lake Taylor, Dinwiddie, and Louisa). Have a safe evening brother. Protect your six.
That's one of the best games I've ever seen. Could have gone either way. I watch the Dinwiddie vs Sherando game that's on YouTube from time to time. That was a great team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingNavy
Dinwiddie Defense will carry them they Are very stout up front very hard to run between the tackles on them the nose guard #42 is a baller
You win championships on Defense good luck
Navy Nation the Eagles will bounce back it was good to see the Eagles run out of memorial field house at JTC first time in two years

Dinwiddie Defense will carry them they Are very stout up front very hard to run between the tackles on them the nose guard #42 is a baller
You win championships on Defense good luck
Navy Nation the Eagles will bounce back it was good to see the Eagles run out of memorial field house at JTC first time in two years
I think this game is the only game we lose until playoff time. Dinwiddie is a top 3 team in the state regardless of classification. Good learning experience for our guys. GW will be fine.

I think this game is the only game we lose until playoff time. Dinwiddie is a top 3 team in the state regardless of classification. Good learning experience for our guys. GW will be fine.
EC Glass should be a dogfight. Magna Vista may be improved. Do you think they have anything for GW?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
EC Glass should be a dogfight. Magna Vista may be improved. Do you think they have anything for GW?
My apologies Mike!

I think Glass’s QB play is iffy. Think GW will have just enough to get past them this early on. Glass is stout and I think they’ll be Salem’s biggest challenge in the region. Huge lines and offense will be much improved by that time. Not counting the Danville boys out, but Glass has been there before so I give them the edge in November.

I actually chose Magna Vista to go to the state championship game this year (I’ll have to play the lottery if they actually do). They have athletes everywhere and I think the QB, Simeon Moore, takes that offense up ten notches and they have the best defensive player in Southside in Ethan Stockton. Now will they beat LCA or Heritage? Certainly have the talent to but will be a huge uphill challenge. GW lost a heartbreaker to them last year so I look for them to get revenge.

I like GW in both early season match ups. We have improved tremendously in the trenches and do a lot more things by committee. Love the trajectory of this GW team and love that Dinwiddie thumped us after coming to Richmond and beating the hype of C4.

Reactions: lyhsports
My apologies Mike!

I think Glass’s QB play is iffy. Think GW will have just enough to get past them this early on. Glass is stout and I think they’ll be Salem’s biggest challenge in the region. Huge lines and offense will be much improved by that time. Not counting the Danville boys out, but Glass has been there before so I give them the edge in November.

I actually chose Magna Vista to go to the state championship game this year (I’ll have to play the lottery if they actually do). They have athletes everywhere and I think the QB, Simeon Moore, takes that offense up ten notches and they have the best defensive player in Southside in Ethan Stockton. Now will they beat LCA or Heritage? Certainly have the talent to but will be a huge uphill challenge. GW lost a heartbreaker to them last year so I look for them to get revenge.

I like GW in both early season match ups. We have improved tremendously in the trenches and do a lot more things by committee. Love the trajectory of this GW team and love that Dinwiddie thumped us after coming to Richmond and beating the hype of C4.
I think MV could challenge LB for Region D, but getting to the championship game means going through Lynchburg. I haven't seen Heritage this year, but I'd be shocked if anybody on this side of the state in C3 has anything for LCA. I realize Heritage beat LCA last year to advance, but Davidson was out with an injury.

Davidson's speed and his conditioning is second to none. He plays defense as tenaciously as he does offense. He plays all 3 phases of the game, he doesn't come off the field much, and when he's in, he doesn't take plays off.

LCA's OL/DL are excellent as well. Ware and Murray are 2 anchors on the lines.

QB/DB Moon is a great player also. LCA's best players, are 2 way stars and they are very well conditioned. Coaching is top notch as well.

Bradley, Harless, Wilkens, or Favero, would have to be coach of the year, if they get past Rocco and company to compete for the championship.

I know we've only had 1 game, but I obviously like what I saw out of LCA.

I think MV could challenge LB for Region D, but getting to the championship game means going through Lynchburg. I haven't seen Heritage this year, but I'd be shocked if anybody on this side of the state in C3 has anything for LCA. I realize Heritage beat LCA last year to advance, but Davidson was out with an injury.

Davidson's speed and his conditioning is second to none. He plays defense as tenaciously as he does offense. He plays all 3 phases of the game, he doesn't come off the field much, and when he's in, he doesn't take plays off.

LCA's OL/DL are excellent as well. Ware and Murray are 2 anchors on the lines.

QB/DB Moon is a great player also. LCA's best players, are 2 way stars and they are very well conditioned. Coaching is top notch as well.

Bradley, Harless, Wilkens, or Favero, would have to be coach of the year, if they get past Rocco and company to compete for the championship.

I know we've only had 1 game, but I obviously like what I saw out of LCA.

They definitley have the weapons and the pieces but during Seminole play and most games I doubt you’ll see Davidson play in the second half during most games . They have all the pieces but can they actually take the next step.

My apologies Mike!

One thing that I’ve noticed over the years about MV is that they have a tendency to shoot themselves in the the foot, at the worst possible time, in a game they need to win. Sometimes it‘s it’s several untimely turnovers, sometimes it’s stupid penalties, and sometimes it’s a breakdown of team chemistry.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT