ADVERTISEMENT

GW Fans

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
With Wesley Graves breaking the school TD record and very close to David Wilson’s career rushing yardage record, who is the best RB to ever wear the silver bonnet? I have to go with David Wilson #1. Once and a lifetime player. There is a long line of great RBs from Danville, Wesley is definitely up there.

I’d go David, Kenny Lewis Jr, and Wesley from what I’ve seen. There’s been more. We’ve had so many good backs.

Had Hudl been popular when David Wilson was in high school he’d probably have 1 million views. He was unreal. Imagine GW being 4A in 2007. Would’ve loved to have gotten a rematch with Amherst that year.

The list is long and distinguished depending upon how far back a person wants to go. Also very difficult to compare stats across eras and factoring in competition levels, style of play, etc.. Wilson and Graves are in the discussion as are Kenny Lewis, Sr and Jr.. There are a multitude of others in the discussion from Phil Daly, Jr to Daryl Chandler to Mike Ferguson to Randy Poteat to Theomone Brooks to well you get the picture. In terms of a highlight video Bryant "Keeta" Covington's would get lots of views as well and Percy Moorman's had he not moved to QB would have been entertaining as well. My apologies to others not named as there are others that warranted mention. GW has rarely been without a back that could carry the mail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT