ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs RR thoughts

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
This is the final HOGO meeting ever between these two which could make for a war. History tell us we could see a war regardless of record or teams on the field. Now GW should be favored by a large margin and I think we will hang a large number. But that won't stop the Indians from tying to spoil the party. The Veer is a specific and methodical in approach. If you can disrupt that flow they don't function. And I think with GW'S size and speed we will disrupt the Veer alot. With only 1 wr set we can sell out to stop the run. With our D you have to force them to be honest and that won't happen letting us stack 8 in the box. Now for GW we are a run heavy O but love to air it out to keep the D honest. This game could come down to a battle of D it will really fall on RR. They have shown a readiness to have shootouts and with GW that is a horrible game plan. For RR to stay alive in this game they will have to lay on the ball as long as they can. And play an absolute perfect game fumbles, ints, penalties ect are a killer in this match up. GW just needs to do what we've done all year use what we have. We will again be the bigger, faster, stronger, deeper and more experienced team. But that was the same case last year. GW jumped out to a 21 point lead and tried to coast and it almost bit us. I think GW will be ready for that this time if we get a lead we will hold it. I for one hope and pray for a WAR one last battle in the HOGOHEEGEE! That is my hope but I don't see that happening. With all of that said you know I gotta go with MY MAROONS GW-56 RR-17 Best of luck to RR and safe travels to all heading to the game.

Hey Blaster, that was a good GW vs RR post. RR has been some what up and down
This year.I guess their best game was when they knocked off Marion, which their only
Losses have been to GW and RR. I was looking at VHSL reference, and GW holds an
18-2 advantage in the series over the recent years. I thought RR had more wins than
That against GW, but not so. GW has dominated the series.

I did not get to see RR this year, but they are always a tough game. And you are right
About that darn veer they run; it can be hard to stop, and they love to eat the clock
With long drives. Their QB is a good athlete, and he can run or throw a good ball from
What I have read. I think they are throwing more this year, than in years past. RR is
Always a team you never sleep on, and I am sure GW is well a wear of their capabilities.

You made a good point in that this is the last HOGO contest for both squads. But both
Teams will be joining a more competitive District, MED. Best of luck Friday to the Maroons
And the Indians. Stay healthy, and get ready for the playoffs. I have been monitoring the
Chatter about seeding, ect for the West and East teams.

Things will get serious next week; it's a new season then, lose and you go home. I just
Wonder how many Upsets there will be in round 1? It those 8-9 seeds, or those middle
Of the pack teams that should be the better games. But you just never know you may pull
Off a stunner in round one.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Well said as always Chilwar and yeah RR does pass a little more than usual from what I've seen. But they are still gonna try and beat you overt the head with traps and draws lol. And yeah with as big as this rivalry is you'd think it was closer than 18-2. But when both teams show up basically every time they play each other things get real fast. GW and RR look forward to this game all year. And yes no injuries is the most important part win or loss. I think the Indians will make a good go of it but the stable of horses GW has will pull away. Week 1 of the post season is quickly approaching time to get ready or go home. Best of luck to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT