ADVERTISEMENT

GWB, tell us.....,

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Tell us how you think Smithfield stacks up against KF. I'm thinking you are the better team right now, based on KF losing several games in the last part of the season. I think they feature a normal run game, but live and die by the pass?

And didn't their head coach got dismissed four or five games ago?

Tell us how you think Smithfield stacks up against KF. I'm thinking you are the better team right now, based on KF losing several games in the last part of the season. I think they feature a normal run game, but live and die by the pass?

No, they run the option and make almost all their hay with the ground game.

And didn't their head coach got dismissed four or five games ago?

No, no, no, no, no.

He was suspended a game because his sideline received two penalties during a game, neither of which was on him.

The intrigue to that game is:

1. The Kings Fork coach, Joe Jones, former NFL player, used to coach at Smithfield

2. Geographic rivals

3. Smithfield side: "We can win because they only beat us 24-17 earlier in the season and we are better now".

Kings Fork side: "Our top player and DI-AA running back didn't play the first time that we met."

I would state they are a big passing team with QB Turner to the BRD # 2 receiver in Pierce and the QB will run a lot. Have some very good Rb's but the passing game is the money with their option Qb

I would state they are a big passing team with QB Turner to the BRD # 2 receiver in Pierce and the QB will run a lot. Have some very good Rb's but the passing game is the money with their option Qb

I thought his "they" referred to Kings Fork in the original message.

No, they run the option and make almost all their hay with the ground game.

No, no, no, no, no.

He was suspended a game because his sideline received two penalties during a game, neither of which was on him.

The intrigue to that game is:

1. The Kings Fork coach, Joe Jones, former NFL player, used to coach at Smithfield

2. Geographic rivals

3. Smithfield side: "We can win because they only beat us 24-17 earlier in the season and we are better now".

Kings Fork side: "Our top player and DI-AA running back didn't play the first time that we met."

Darn Rod, I didn't get much right on that one. My apologies to Coach Jones. I guess I should have tried to check that out first.

Is this the first year for the Coach at Smithfield? I know their program had been steadily improving in recent years, and the coach that was driving it moved on.

So, does Smithfield have the defense to stop the option with the quality running back healthy?

Didn't KF come off the rails in the last few games?

This is Smithfields coach first year. Their defense can be suspect at times - kinda inconsistent. Last game against Grafton was a big step backwards for the defense- 40 points in the first half! Against the 1st half of season KF they would lose again. If the defense is partly on and the way KF has played the last 4,weeks, I would go with Smithfield as the slight favorite as of now.

That's about the way I see the pick. Very slightly Smithfield. The unknown is if KF can fix what's gone wrong, a big swing to that side.

I wouldn't pick against KF. Period. Smithfield wouldn't be .500 playing KF's schedule. Smithfield has a good core group and some very talented athletes but I don't think they're hitting on all cylinders. Too big of a swing from week to week. Inconsistent. Fun to watch. They have kids that can pop off big yards in a blink. And I'd pit Chris Pierce against any receiver in the state. Very good speed, great feet and body control. If he can get a hand on it, he's hauling it in.

Wethington has been nursing a bad hammy since the summer. He didn't play against the Packers in week 1. He IS a game changer.

A lot of folks in Smithfield still miss Joe Jones. Loads of respect for him, as a coach and molder of young men. I like the fact that KF is on our regular season schedule. Less than 15 miles (maybe) separate the two schools. Natural rivalry game.

Love my Packers, but I give the nod to KF.

I like the way Chavis runs the team. I see some positive movement. He's young. He relates to the kids, but commands respect. That's a tough balance to maintain with today's youth always feeling "disrespected"...ask the last two coaches at SHS about that...in my opinion, they were treated unfairly. But I'm old school. Shut your mouth when the coach is coaching. It's disrespectful to do otherwise...kids.

I wouldn't pick against KF. Period. Smithfield wouldn't be .500 playing KF's schedule. Smithfield has a good core group and some very talented athletes but I don't think they're hitting on all cylinders. Too big of a swing from week to week. Inconsistent. Fun to watch. They have kids that can pop off big yards in a blink. And I'd pit Chris Pierce against any receiver in the state. Very good speed, great feet and body control. If he can get a hand on it, he's hauling it in.

Wethington has been nursing a bad hammy since the summer. He didn't play against the Packers in week 1. He IS a game changer.

A lot of folks in Smithfield still miss Joe Jones. Loads of respect for him, as a coach and molder of young men. I like the fact that KF is on our regular season schedule. Less than 15 miles (maybe) separate the two schools. Natural rivalry game.

Love my Packers, but I give the nod to KF.

I like the way Chavis runs the team. I see some positive movement. He's young. He relates to the kids, but commands respect. That's a tough balance to maintain with today's youth always feeling "disrespected"...ask the last two coaches at SHS about that...in my opinion, they were treated unfairly. But I'm old school. Shut your mouth when the coach is coaching. It's disrespectful to do otherwise...kids.
How healthy is KF star athlete right now? I know that issue with our rb john Douglass who's had a strained Achilles and ankle sprain that left him out of most of the first 8 games (was DP preseason offensive player of year). In the last 2 games he is finally back to full speed and even plays defense on our special pass rushing 3 man package. If the KF rb is pretty much healthy it would be KF game.

How healthy is KF star athlete right now? I know that issue with our rb john Douglass who's had a strained Achilles and ankle sprain that left him out of most of the first 8 games (was DP preseason offensive player of year). In the last 2 games he is finally back to full speed and even plays defense on our special pass rushing 3 man package. If the KF rb is pretty much healthy it would be KF game.

I don't think the health of Wethington matters all that much Dwight, the young man that filled in for Wethington in week 1 had a tremendous game. He's smaller but very effective. And he's also filled in very nicely all year in his spot starts and duty.

I don't think the health of Wethington matters all that much Dwight, the young man that filled in for Wethington in week 1 had a tremendous game. He's smaller but very effective. And he's also filled in very nicely all year in his spot starts and duty.
The young man at Poquoson, still doing just fine? Hopefully, he is team can make a deep run in the playoffs and ease some of his sadness for not being able to play. I'd bet his is the biggest and loudest cheerleader on the sidelines?

He is doing great and on the sidelines every game and goes out for the coin toss as one of the team captains. He was their top rb and his dad is one of the coaches so it is hard for him not to play. They have a very tough 1st round game with hot Warhill. They played 5 weeks ago and went to OT and were shut out for 3 Q and lucky to tie it. If Warhill big rb is back from his sprained Achilles this will be razor close not the usual easy 1st round.

Reactions: gwb16
You know more than me down your way- KF it is!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT