ADVERTISEMENT

Hampton vs Phoebus

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Not sure everyone here realizes that Hampton is now in Class 4 Reg A this year. They're coming off a rare down year in Class 5 but this week's game vs Phoebus is a big rivalry game. If Hampton should come out on top, they should be considered a renewed threat in their new Class. They have some talent & Coach Smith has a full year to spend with his team vs taking early retirement and getting a partial year suspension which clearly affected the Crabbers.

For those asking how this game will pan out, I expect a single score differential for the winners. But to say Phoebus is favored, I'm not sure. Definitely a coin flip game despite Hampton's recent downturn.

Reactions: VolNation85
Nope, looks like Phoebus handled Hampton pretty well. Great too see. Just hoping to see more out of the Crabbers this year.

Reactions: mbonape1
Nope, looks like Phoebus handled Hampton pretty well. Great too see. Just hoping to see more out of the Crabbers this year.

Yeah, I just showing a lil sarcasm. But seriously, Hampton isn't that bad. They are much improved from last year. This is the same Crabber squad that was leading Life Christian Academy 21-13 before it was called due to tempers flaring albeit was a scrimmage but still they're no slouches. I believe Hampton will win out (including over Woodside). They simply ran into a Phoebus team that knows they have very little room for error after losing that heartbreaker to Lake Taylor. We had no business losing that game. Phoebus is gunning for that top seed in the region and another loss will end any chances.

Yeah, I just showing a lil sarcasm. But seriously, Hampton isn't that bad. They are much improved from last year. This is the same Crabber squad that was leading Life Christian Academy 21-13 before it was called due to tempers flaring albeit was a scrimmage but still they're no slouches. I believe Hampton will win out (including over Woodside). They simply ran into a Phoebus team that knows they have very little room for error after losing that heartbreaker to Lake Taylor. We had no business losing that game. Phoebus is gunning for that top seed in the region and another loss will end any chances.

Phoebus is good! Glad to see them back strong. Hopewell is really good so an eventual clash is going to be epic. Maybe Lafayette has something to say about that though IDK.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Phoebus is good! Glad to see them back strong. Hopewell is really good so an eventual clash is going to be epic. Maybe Lafayette has something to say about that though IDK.
I totally agree. Class 3A is loaded this year with Hopewell, Phoebus, Lafayette, York, and then there's Norcom and Churchland.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Surprised I haven't seen more comments about Lafayette losing to York. What's up with that?

Surprised I haven't seen more comments about Lafayette losing to York. What's up with that?
They. Blew a 21-7 halftime lead. Lots of penalties in the 2nd half, spotty pass coverage with young secondary and too conservative offensive play calling in 2 Nd half. All correctable- lots of talent and speed. It’s how you are around game 10, not 3. Looking forward to a York rematch. District winning streak stopped but honestly I don’t care that much about that, it’s the playoffs that matter these days. Hopefully a close loss wakes all up.

They. Blew a 21-7 halftime lead. Lots of penalties in the 2nd half, spotty pass coverage with young secondary and too conservative offensive play calling in 2 Nd half. All correctable- lots of talent and speed. It’s how you are around game 10, not 3. Looking forward to a York rematch. District winning streak stopped but honestly I don’t care that much about that, it’s the playoffs that matter these days. Hopefully a close loss wakes all up.
Yeah....just surprised York would be a team to do that. They’ve pretty much been doormats for you guys right?

Yeah....just surprised York would be a team to do that. They’ve pretty much been doormats for you guys right?
Won 7 years in a row. But York returned 23 seniors and coach said his best group in 10 years. Was at York and due to Poquoson forfeit to York a week before they had two weeks to prepare. Also Lafayette was missing a top senior RB. York played very well but I look very, very forward to a rematch in the playoffs. An early season mid step may be a very positive learning experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT