ADVERTISEMENT

Handley

Handley hasn't had any defense for the last couple years....they had some size but talent/speed wasn't there

I actually think Millbrook will have trouble with James wood, because Millbrook historically can't play run defense. And since JW has a strong running game, you never know.

I just wish everyone could let the new posters have their say, as long as they don't come across as blatant trolls. There aren't many here as it is, and when new posters come, this is one of the reasons they get driven away and never return.

I don't think disagreeing with someone is driving them away,I welcome all new posters. however to say that a Millbrook vs Woodgrove game is a toss up? Is laughable. Everyone is welcome to a opinion though. This post was started about Handley , and turned into a racist comments why Handley is so bad. Not sure how it turned into about Millbrook and others. We should start a thread about why Millbrook and James wood will be playoff contenders when the end up 8-2.

Losing to Clarke ----is not your typical 2A school for just about a decade. To say an ok 2A school is one of the craziest things I have seen in quite a while. Especially when a school as your Madison County Mountaineers have skill kids everywhere on a yearly basis. Say what you want about athletes etc. Clarke has football players and have gotten so called "more athletic" over the years---- Bottom line is only 1 team is happy at the end of the year and 15 others in the playoffs aren't.
The weight program at Clarke is stressed at a very high level and has been for a many years. From the coaches and how they lift down to the players. You are 100% correct about the players buying into it. Very apparent.
What has Clarke won in a decade on the gridiron? The Bull Run has been down for years. Madison won the state in 1999, Manassas Park had 2 good years (one title and one runner up) but that has been it for 15 years. No BRD team has come close since. Clarke has a very strong program inside the BRD. But being the big fish in a small pond usually ends poorly for that fish when it ventures into the big pond.

My point is that Handley loosing to a 2A team (in football) really should not happen.

Last edited:
7-3 or 8-2 is a very good record to have (if they get there), but when you're not playing top tier competition it makes you seem better than you really are. I have seen Millbrook play this year, and they're certainly better than they have been in years past, but when two of your wins are over Hedgesville (possibly the worst team in AAA WV), and Kettle Run, both winless teams, it's hard to judge how good they really are.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the other Winchester teams to be competitive year in and year out. It would make playoff season a lot more fun for me. Woodgrove is the heavy favorite this weekend in my opinion, but were I going to the game I'd be cheering for the Pioneers. Both James Wood and Millbrook have made steps in the right direction so far this year and I'd like to see that continue.

I will gladly end this on my end as my time is meaningful and I don't have to bicker over who is "quality" and who isn't. As for the Madison guy---worry about getting that program turned around before you begin to bash Clarke on what it has "done" and "not done".
Good luck to all teams

And lastly---my moronic statement of toss up was referring to Millbrook having the Woodgrove to prove themselves. Other than that I don't have as of in the fight.

I will gladly end this on my end as my time is meaningful and I don't have to bicker over who is "quality" and who isn't. As for the Madison guy---worry about getting that program turned around before you begin to bash Clarke on what it has "done" and "not done".
Good luck to all teams
Chill out coach! You are trying to make Clarke out to be the best 2A team ever (at least in the last decade) but the fact remains that when the post season rolls around, Clarke just has not had much success. If I didn't know better, I would think you were talking about Riverheads, Gretna, Giles, Gate City or maybe Goochland in that time period. I am sorry if you think that statements of fact are "bashing" your team.

I hope all BRD teams have great seasons every year and one of them wins it all. Just hasn't happened in a while (and never by Clarke).

Have to agree they may have never win the big one, but Clarke does have a nice winning program, and they beat HANDLEY! Wow, just WOW! Anyway , time to move on..... Dont you guys think?

Clarke has a terrific program and props to them scheduling up. Handley has been a terrific program for decades and clearly down this year as is the NWD.

Reactions: lovemesomeweezy
Good luck to all teams
Welp take care, we hardly knew ye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT