ADVERTISEMENT

Harrisonburg High

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
Is Harrisonburg football headed back in the right direction? I see they are 2-0 so far, against teams that beat them very convincingly last season. Still early, but you can learn a lot about a team early in the year sometimes.

This week's game at Charlottesville is intriguing to me, and if they win this one, they have a very realistic shot at finishing at .500 which is good for the program.

Harrisonburg's QB is their best player, pretty much every play is centered around him. They love to pass a lot, and their RB hardly gets carries. The QB has good size, a decent arm, and is pretty slow. Their defense is better than they've been the last few years, but the teams they just beat are bad. I expect Charlottesville to win, they just need to stop the short passing game and pressure the QB, and they have the defense to do it. I don't think Harrisonburg's defense will be able to contain C'ville's offense the whole game. C'ville had one or two TD's called back for silly mistakes away from the play against Dominion.

Last edited:
I was kind of thinking the Charlottesville game would be a good measuring stick for them, but Charlottesville seems to be in the same boat. Improving, but not real sure what to expect. Harrisonburg should rule high school football in the area, as they are the biggest school, but they have been pretty down pretty much since Michael Holmes and that monster lineman Turner graduated.

Their QB is a physical specimen...... would not be shocked if he keeps his head straight that a Div I offer comes his way....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT