ADVERTISEMENT

Hats Off to Wilson for a Great Effort!

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I was at my Riverheads game of course (see the 1-A thread when I finish my post) but EVERYONE was staying glued to their phones in disbelief as Wilson and East Rockingham locked horns in an epic see-saw battle. Even the Stonewall announcer kept giving updates on it.

As near as I can tell, the lead must have changed hands half a dozen or more times, but finally East Rock stopped Wilson in the red zone in the final minutes and held on for a 51-44 win. But the Hornets deserve praise, as they were major underdogs tonight. Even one of the hometown papers had gone against them by a 45-7 count.

That just goes to show you what the emotion of a Senior Night can do for a team.

Reactions: ShenValleyGuy
I was at my Riverheads game of course (see the 1-A thread when I finish my post) but EVERYONE was staying glued to their phones in disbelief as Wilson and East Rockingham locked horns in an epic see-saw battle. Even the Stonewall announcer kept giving updates on it.

As near as I can tell, the lead must have changed hands half a dozen or more times, but finally East Rock stopped Wilson in the red zone in the final minutes and held on for a 51-44 win. But the Hornets deserve praise, as they were major underdogs tonight. Even one of the hometown papers had gone against them by a 45-7 count.

That just goes to show you what the emotion of a Senior Night can do for a team.
I hope Wilson returns to the way they were a few years ago. It was a lot of fun when they were a big threat each year

I've seen a lot of football at the original and modern Hornet Hives, but I don't ever remember seeing anything like last night's game. A Hornet player was taken off in the ambulance with what I' guessing is a neck injury, I don't think it's severe, but concerning none the less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT