ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Opening

Sep 7, 2007
Rock Ridge High School in Ashburn, VA has an opening for head football coach, as well as teaching openings in every subject area for the fall of 2017. Rock Ridge will be in the 5A Potomac District next fall. Please contact Patrick McNanley at patrick.mcnanley@lcps.org if interested.

I visited Rock Ridge last Friday night.

They have a sweet stadium / school setup and the right coach will go to that school and have a winning program quickly IF they can get buyin from the community.

They had some talent on that team, do not let their record fool you!

Moving up to 5A will be rough next year though....

Woodgrove moves up to 5A after next year.

I would love to see Tony Tallent come to Winchester and coach the Handley Judges

He makes kids believe that they can win, warren county had some magical seasons with him there, spoke with him personally a few times and he knows what it takes with kids these days to make them winners, and is proven, he knows it doesn't happen over night and works with each kid on there level he is a great coach and person

Reactions: jtreon
He makes kids believe that they can win, warren county had some magical seasons with him there, spoke with him personally a few times and he knows what it takes with kids these days to make them winners, and is proven, he knows it doesn't happen over night and works with each kid on there level he is a great coach and person

That's awesome - I knew he had some good seasons at Warren County but never really followed Warren County or knew any parents of kids in the program. I wonder why he is out in Rock Ridge after only a few years - I know Rock Ridge never really progressed in terms of wins and losses while he was there - but that really is secondary to the state of the program! In 2009 my youngest son was a sophomore played for a team/coach that went 4-6 and all you heard from parents/fans was how bad the coach was. Personally, I loved the coach and thought he was running the type of program I wanted my son to be a part of. In 2010 and 2011 they were state champions - all of a sudden the coach was considered to be a genius by the same people who thought he didnt know what he was doing. That same program has had a few down years recently and I am hearing the same rumblings I heard in 2009.

The reason I post this is because I've heard a lot of good things about Coach Tallent and I hope the direction of his program was not over shadowed by wins and losses. Maybe it is something else all together - who really knows at this point? I hope - if he wants - he lands in a good spot.

That's awesome - I knew he had some good seasons at Warren County but never really followed Warren County or knew any parents of kids in the program. I wonder why he is out in Rock Ridge after only a few years - I know Rock Ridge never really progressed in terms of wins and losses while he was there - but that really is secondary to the state of the program! In 2009 my youngest son was a sophomore played for a team/coach that went 4-6 and all you heard from parents/fans was how bad the coach was. Personally, I loved the coach and thought he was running the type of program I wanted my son to be a part of. In 2010 and 2011 they were state champions - all of a sudden the coach was considered to be a genius by the same people who thought he didnt know what he was doing. That same program has had a few down years recently and I am hearing the same rumblings I heard in 2009.

The reason I post this is because I've heard a lot of good things about Coach Tallent and I hope the direction of his program was not over shadowed by wins and losses. Maybe it is something else all together - who really knows at this point? I hope - if he wants - he lands in a good spot.

Coach Tallent received a promotion.

For Rev Real
I heard you were looking for Pit bull puppies and a used Harley Davidson for sale
good deal
Contact Rodger 555-123-4567

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT