ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Openings

Well its rumored there are culpeper and eastern view staff members applying for the Madison football position.
I checked the school website and the job has not been posted. I guess the new coach would also have to teach. I wonder if Rhodes is leaving his teaching spot as well?

a couple notes...

1st time enrolling 9th graders are eligible in the eyes of the VHSL. Even if they fail all classes (and socially promoted) as an 8th grader no matter what and to whatever school they choose as that is where they establish their eligibility. It's up to that school system to charge tuition (if they choose to) if not in the attendance zone etc.
The issue with Loudoun and many other school systems in VA that have mulitiple schools in the same county is the Superintendent has the final say on transfers. He/She can allow a kid to go to whatever school they want inside their division (if they see fit). All kinds of lies/hardships etc used for these transfers and the rich get richer while the poor stay poor in some sports. It's notorious in Loudoun but I can't speak on other parts of the state but I can only imagine in Southwest VA and the Tidewater. The playing field isn't as level as it should be. Not near as bad for single school divisions other than people lying about their residence

Merry Christmas

Students should go to the school in the school zone they live in. This needs to be a VHSL rule, and enforced to the max.

Rhoads applied at his alma mater Clarke County before going to Madison County.No idea why the admin didnt hire him
He's a quality coach and hard worker so another school will benefit.
No idea on any of the particulars on why but it's not plug and place with coaches and teaching. Job openings with teacher certifications come into play with school systems. I have no details but there is a lot more to "they should have hired him". You don't hire a coach and then say go teach English when their endorsement is science. Easy to hire people in big systems as you can move people around to different high schools etc. but much harder in smaller systems.

Reactions: bulldog1150
This is a VHSL rule to my knowledge but it's up to the AD's to enforce it.

I think HR6 is referring to some areas of state, swva I believe is who was posted about it on here, where kids live in a county and are allowed to choose which school to attend. If I remember correctly when it was discussed, the kids could choose before they started HS, but once in that school have to stay there

I think HR6 is referring to some areas of state, swva I believe is who was posted about it on here, where kids live in a county and are allowed to choose which school to attend. If I remember correctly when it was discussed, the kids could choose before they started HS, but once in that school have to stay there
It's called open enrollment

That's anywhere in the state actually. VHSL doesn't regulate where the student enrolls as a freshman but once you enroll, you have to physically move if you want to transfer and be eligible for sports.

That's anywhere in the state actually. VHSL doesn't regulate where the student enrolls as a freshman but once you enroll, you have to physically move if you want to transfer and be eligible for sports.

Yes I know, but I believe he seemed upset about it when it was brought up. Maybe I had the entire story wrong though

I have seen players play for one school, then go play for another school in different county, WITHOUT a family move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT